FX Trading May 14 - 18

This Week Cable will

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Long 1.9774, stop 48.

just looking at the charts eyeing a break point of 1.9814 see if we get some solid closes above there.

Hi CB and DC,

Both of you guys seem to be long now.....From my charts I can only see the 4HR stoch which give me a long signal....but other than that nothing really suggest a long.....

Dc 946....oh my god I thought that would be a distant dream for this week.....

But as both of you are going long....

All of a sudden.....I am sitting in front of my workstation thinking what am I missing
I have got a perfect triangle and it currently bouncing of my trend line.... which is at 65
7 bounces of it and only 2 attempts to break 89 suggest that we could well see these long positions giving us some pips.......

I guess for now:
Targets for the pips would be:

But I would really be shocked to see anything above this.....Time will tell

Best of luck Dc and CB

Happy Trading
Rav

Still long from late yesterday, but won't be surprised to see bounce off 800, if it gets that far.
Anyone else for a Dow short later?

Morning all

I see DC is still successfully calling the market! Although DC you were 4 pips out mate..you are slacking!

Ive been away from this board for a while but still been trading of course. Im currently:

Long 9769 (6 lots)
Stop 9743
Targets (s/o 2 lots each) 9869, 9903 and 9956

Good trading to all

Still long from late yesterday, but won't be surprised to see bounce off 800, if it gets that far.
Anyone else for a Dow short later?

Im currently short the Dow from 486..going against the major trend but it appears overbought on both Daly and 4H Stochs. My stop is at 530

merci bien,
but to be honest, i thought it looked more like a pint glass spilling all the beer. :LOL:

now you got me looking up diamond patterns, which i know zilch about:cry:

lets see how it plays out.

j

Edit: there we go. lets see the text book pattern.

http://thepatternsite.com/diamondb.html

Comprehensively explained in that link, Thanks.

Now all that's left to decide is whether its a contratrade or withtrend pattern!

hmm, not an easy trade for me to take, but ive reversed short 1.9766. Its flipped again, break of 17950 ?

if my Delta reading is right, the best entry would be if it reached y'days low and started climbing, ( 1.9756 ),
OR, if it turns before getting to the low, a break-out above overnight action, a buy above 1.9782.

interesting......

better be a long from here!

my head says 2 things at the moment

1) longs
2) headache

therefore

flat.

first time a headache keeps me from doing something stupid. would have entered long 75 and 25 pip stop. instead, will use those 25 pips i didnt lose to buy a lot of aspirine.

Rule #1 = Hungover then dont trade!

still fancy longs though. :rolleyes:

Long from now makes sence, Divergence on 15min and 1hr MACD

Morning all

I see DC is still successfully calling the market! Although DC you were 4 pips out mate..you are slacking!

Ive been away from this board for a while but still been trading of course. Im currently:

Long 9769 (6 lots)
Stop 9743
Targets (s/o 2 lots each) 9869, 9903 and 9956

Good trading to all

Stopped out by the bloody spike for -26 only to see it make its way merrily up again!

Stopped out by the bloody spike for -26 only to see it make its way merrily up again!

hmm, yeah, i could see that weakness coming in hence selling 66, that delivered but , obviously a hard on for price sub 50, still short based on weakness still showing at the mo, so holding it for now. Good old ding dong in play. But my chips still on south for now.

seriously doubt it. more likely to hit 9640 by then, which is very unlikely.

out for -30 pips!
went long at 768 early morning, with a 30-ish pip SL.
had the chance to add at 756, (ideal entry as per earlier posts), but sadly, my attempt at Delta has come to nought.

I have given away my profits from slow and steady gains to a rash trial on a shiny new toy.
still, nett I am neither richer nor poorer.

must stop treating this as a game, and get professional. I know I can trade, cos I did it properly for past 3 weeks or so.

EDIT: and anotehr thing, I did take my stop (eventually).

out for -30 pips!
went long at 768 early morning, with a 30-ish pip SL.
had the chance to add at 756, (ideal entry as per earlier posts), but sadly, my attempt at Delta has come to nought.

I have given away my profits from slow and steady gains to a rash trial on a shiny new toy.
still, nett I am neither richer nor poorer.

must stop treating this as a game, and get professional. I know I can trade, cos I did it properly for past 3 weeks or so.

EDIT: and anotehr thing, I did take my stop (eventually).

Dont be too hard on yourself Trendie..I wasted oodles of time and money when I first discovered pivot points

Dont be too hard on yourself Trendie..I wasted oodles of time and money when I first discovered pivot points

agree with that, with me it was when i discovered MAs. worst mistake of my life.

trendie, sorry to hear that. you'll be back on your feet before you know it.

j

agree with that, with me it was when i discovered MAs. worst mistake of my life.

trendie, sorry to hear that. you'll be back on your feet before you know it.

j

Me too actually. I remember spending a whole weekend back testing a 5/9 EMA Cross with a RSI 50 confirmation. It looked superb and I was convinced it was the Holy Grail. Needless to say....