FX Trading June 18 to 22

This week cable will

• Total voters
Nightmare, charts stopped updating, had to reboot em. long 1.9936, top whack of a price. see what happens.

Jacintos curse on my drive...

sorry to hear that. guess it was the curse because price was approaching the target @ 9945 :eek:

im now telling the wife, im getting my upgrade, dont care.

Anyone trade with Oanda?

Still holding this short..against the tide, but "the plans, the plan"

My stop was hit, but I have not been stopped out?!! The print I have says it went 9947 bid so I should have been stopped out at 9949.

Any ideas anyone?

Trading gbp/usd the last few months has been hard.

I have been looking at the ATR (14) on daily charts over the last 30 years. We have been below 100 for the last 3 months. Looking back over the last 30 years this has happened in 8 of those 30 years.
They were
1977 Jan to Oct (10 months)
1979 Feb to Mar (2 months)
1983 Oct to Dec (3 months)
1986 Dec (1 month)
1994 May,June and Dec (3 months)
1996 Mar to Oct (8 months)
2002 Feb to June (5 months)
2007 Apr to June (3 months) so far

Hopefully we are not going to have a 8 or 10 month spell of small daily ranges.

Breadman

sorry to hear that. guess it was the curse because price was approaching the target @ 9945 :eek:

im now telling the wife, im getting my upgrade, dont care.

Just for the record Jacinto, reason why I would recommend a new PC to you is if I remember your PC spec motherboard and speed was low compared to what is available today.

So upgrading RAM may give you some performance improvement, it will be nothing like buying a new PC with faster motherboard bus speed, CPU and disk speeds.

Good luck with either option you choose. :)

My stop was hit, but I have not been stopped out?!! The print I have says it went 9947 bid so I should have been stopped out at 9949.

Any ideas anyone?

hope you got a lotto tonight. nice.

has happened to me. say stop at 50, print has said 51, and they dont stop me. so lucky you.

j

Just for the record Jacinto, reason why I would recommend a new PC to you is if I remember your PC spec motherboard and speed was low compared to what is available today.

So upgrading RAM may give you some performance improvement, it will be nothing like buying a new PC with faster motherboard bus speed, CPU and disk speeds.

thanks atilla,

actually will take both options.

currently have a laptop. i am moving soon, and will get a desktop too. so upgrade + desktop.

issue is that next time i miss a move, i wont have an excuse with the wife :LOL:

j

That sounds like good advice.

You can pick up good desktop systems on ebay for affordable prices, and a new PC should always be handy.............

I agree that upgrading an old product is not the best idea. I upgraded memory on an old PC, but it packed in a few weeks later, and i had to buy a new PC.

The improvements you get with a new system work out at far better value than upgrading old technology.

It's like my hifi that bust. The laser stopped working, everything else worked fine. I could have paid to fix it, but chose to buy a new hifi for around the same price as the repair.....

Last edited:

Any ideas anyone?

Grateful for the lucky break that Oanda gave me, closed out this trade for +2! On the sidelines at the mo on Cable...looking to see what happens on the Yen as Fukui is about to speak now

in long at 1.9921 looking for move from P [1.9914] to R1 [1.9961] or at least a trial of yesterdays high.

put a sell order lower down for a move from P to s1 but daily is still all systems good to go up.

R2 is at 1.9993 which might be a stretch but only a bit above the boll band so possible?

with a steady up trend all week friday might be profit day so one might conclude that today is the day for the week high?

morning all,

got a potential measured move up to 9980, and a mid target at 50. I really doubt it will happen, this looks exausted. guess US data will end up doing the job. question is direction.

good trading

j

in long at 1.9921 looking for move from P [1.9914] to R1 [1.9961] or at least a trial of yesterdays high.

put a sell order lower down for a move from P to s1 but daily is still all systems good to go up.

R2 is at 1.9993 which might be a stretch but only a bit above the boll band so possible?

with a steady up trend all week friday might be profit day so one might conclude that today is the day for the week high?

I went long for my overnight trade, but didn't get the good entry point that you did - in at 1.9927 and took +4 pips this morning.

I think it will go higher again today, but as I'm off to work shortly I don't want to be worrying about trades left on, so I'm out for now.

I also think that R2 at 1.9993 is possible - if not today, then by tomorrow - so I'd favour long trades where you can. Just my 2p's worth.

Well, gone long 1.9919.8, first entry, v. slightly early . but fair price I think.

Last edited:
morning all,

got a potential measured move up to 9980, and a mid target at 50. I really doubt it will happen, this looks exausted. guess US data will end up doing the job. question is direction.

good trading

j

J.

fwiw, I've got it going to 9850 on the hour chart, it does look over extended with the added resistance to higher prices, not going to trade until a clear signal though.

had a perfect long signal from 6.15 london time this am, unfortunately i couldn't motivate myself to get out of bed, lazy animal:devilish:

the hairy guy:LOL:

J.

fwiw, I've got it going to 9850 on the hour chart, it does look over extended with the added resistance to higher prices, not going to trade until a clear signal though.

had a perfect long signal from 6.15 london time this am, unfortunately i couldn't motivate myself to get out of bed, lazy animal:devilish:

the hairy guy:LOL:

yea, you hairy animal. :LOL:

if that scenario materialises, i got it at 9865. to be honest, i rather stay flat till 35 taken or 9900 taken.
Edit: those targets in my case are measured moves, which coincide with daily ranges, which now scare me.
j

ah, if you need to get up early, rent a kid.

with a big turn up in the swiss and all flat in cable this could be decision time? if we get a 5 8 bear cross on hourly i'm out and looking for s1 target.

yea, you hairy animal. :LOL:

if that scenario materialises, i got it at 9865. to be honest, i rather stay flat till 35 taken or 9900 taken.
Edit: those targets in my case are measured moves, which coincide with daily ranges, which now scare me.
j

ah, if you need to get up early, rent a kid.

j.

that's more or less my plan, and target matches more or less due to my price coming of spread betting platform...

i'm thinking thats the 3rd time the kid subject has come up now one way or the other, might have to go and hunt down a nice female gorilla for this handsome silver back, otherwise rent a kid is the only option :cheesy:

expensive alarm clock though :LOL:

good trading, lets see how the plan go's (and if i stick to it) or i might have to borrow your idiot badge;)

bd.

got stoppped yesterday, but looking for a short signal. Dont expect market to top yesterdays highs and no real down move for another couple of hours.

Going for a walk.

Happy trading all.