FX Trading April 30 - May 4

Will GBPUSD finish the week above/below $2 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Quick update:

Still in my EURUSD short position. Now up 66 pips!

Exited my USDJPY short position yesterday for a loss of 12 pips.

I have just taken a long position on the USDCHF @ 1.2140.

Morning all.

I hope this thread isn't going to die because of the T2W upgrade. It would be disappointing and ironic.

Breakout levels today are 1.9939 and 1.9887

Last edited:
Morning all.

I hope this thread is going to die because of the T2W upgrade. It would be disappointing and ironic.

I assume its a typo and you meant "I hope this thread isn't going to die"?

j

morning all

I am flat ATM, but looking for longs targeting 9980 and even 015.
EDIT: If i were to trade blind breakouts of these sorts of patterns I should be long now. waiting for the news in 5 mins to confirm or reject pattern.

eurousd also looking for entries looking for 3665

dont like the other pairs i trade today so will focus on these 2

j

EDIT: I am now long 30, 20 pip stop. target 9980

Last edited:
morning all

I am flat ATM, but looking for longs targeting 9980 and even 015.
EDIT: If i were to trade blind breakouts of these sorts of patterns I should be long now. waiting for the news in 5 mins to confirm or reject pattern.

eurousd also looking for entries looking for 3665

dont like the other pairs i trade today so will focus on these 2

j

EDIT: I am now long 30, 20 pip stop. target 9980

Morning all,

I'm also bullish on cable and Euro. I think the rise in DOW and SPX has helped the Dollar but don't believe there is conviction in the move (check price of oil - if strong recovery expected oil would rise) and "I think" I'm right is suggesting most people expecting a breather in the indeces. When the pull back happens people will be discussing housing slump and a cut in interest rates again.

Also, Gold seems to have eased off it's 690 levels and found support at 670 quite nicely. It's currently now 676 which to me points to $ weakness for today.

Charts look bullish on the 4 hours but on the daily's I'm not convinced. I thought this week we would touch 1.9875 - 1.9850 before another surge to $2 but I'm still thinking this pull back may now take us to 1.9800 levels.

So to put my neck on the guillotine - in summary I think a short term bounce to 1.9950 followed by another pull back is my outlook for today.

Good trading all.

Morning all.

I hope this thread isn't going to die because of the T2W upgrade. It would be disappointing and ironic.

we are not posting because there is little going on on cable
and it seems that traders would rather play a compertation for a prize
instead of making money
strange !

we are not posting because there is little going on on cable
and it seems that traders would rather play a compertation for a prize
instead of making money
strange !

Hi, Hornblower.

Not so, real trading is always a priority

Anyhow, some of you may want to compare my thinking with your own thoughts.

Downside favoured for cable and euro today and tomorrow.

I feel we may still see cable in the 1.975 levels by Friday’s close. The Euro maybe around 1.3450.

My thoughts only.

Hi, Hornblower.

Not so, real trading is always a priority

Anyhow, some of you may want to compare my thinking with your own thoughts.

Downside favoured for cable and euro today and tomorrow.

I feel we may still see cable in the 1.975 levels by Friday’s close. The Euro maybe around 1.3450.

My thoughts only.

hi PEarl fisher

As long as I get my 50 pips, cable can go to 1.9700 today:cheesy:

on a serious note, I am not too convinced with my long, and moving my stop to BE as i write. For some reason, feel 40-45 is a rather tough bite to pass.

good luck today.

j

Morning all.

I don't think this thread will die out.

The competition is just a side show. There was competition for the DOW and shares before the change but at the same time the SPX and DOW threads were still very good imo.

On the competition - in the first few days I was clicking left right and centre and made
-300 look easy :eek: . I pulled my score to -175 and then back down again to -250. It currently stands at -217 so I'm off the top 25 radar.

The problem is I click away and leave a position open for ages. Also, experimenting with the pairs. Really good learning tool for trading pairs. I really like it and it's great for settling scores too :cheesy:

TPF I read your instinctive trading and click away style remarks - but in the wrong hands like mine clicking away can be lethal to your pension :LOL: You are right in that trading styles are like clothes don't necessarily suit everyone.

HAS ANYONE NOTICED Counter_Violent HAS NOT HAD ONE BAD TRADE? :eek:

Very impressive.

I need to get on my bike now but I think there really are some great people on this thread and three cheers to you all and long live the FX thread.

hi PEarl fisher

As long as I get my 50 pips, cable can go to 1.9700 today:cheesy:

on a serious note, I am not too convinced with my long, and moving my stop to BE as i write.

good luck today.

j

Oh you know you will, J

Just hope it doesn't run up too much before my expectations start to materialise. If ever?

Anyway, Enjoy your trading...Whatever your direction.

All the best.

Greetings people.

I don't post much on this thread but do read it often , it's good to get other traders perspectives on the market. I also hope that the competition doesn't reduce the frequency of good posts here.

My old forum over at Daily FX has been crucified by changes brought in so will be using this more often if that is Ok with you guys.

I don't think this thread will die out.

The problem is I click away and leave a position open for ages. Also, experimenting with the pairs. Really good learning tool for trading pairs. I really like it and it's great for settling scores too :cheesy:

TPF I read your instinctive trading and click away style remarks - but in the wrong hands like mine clicking away can be lethal to your pension :LOL: You are right in that trading styles are like clothes don't necessarily suit everyone.

HAS ANYONE NOTICED Counter_Violent HAS NOT HAD ONE BAD TRADE? :eek:

Very impressive.
Hi Atilla

I hope it will not die a death.

Click and take trading is difficult and messy ,in my case (very messy). I had much ground to recover in the competition due to starting 2 days late. Anyway, I am in sight of the battle front now. So a more steady approach may (may?) be the way forward. But there is a long way to go. One style of trading isn't going to win this competition.

TPF

Still in on cable, looking for confirmation, a price of 958 then a small pullback will do

well thats me out flat. will look to reenter if a decent pullback happens. dont fancy shorts when looking at the 4hr chart, but like them on the dialy.

so far, 40 a nice little resistance level. lets see.

good day all

Greetings people.

I don't post much on this thread but do read it often , it's good to get other traders perspectives on the market. I also hope that the competition doesn't reduce the frequency of good posts here.

My old forum over at Daily FX has been crucified by changes brought in so will be using this more often if that is Ok with you guys.

please do.

j

think anyone trading the Wasp method would be shorting at the close of the current 30 min bar.

will post chart later.

the short would be at 26 or better, with a stop at 46. lets see how this method works out today.

Attachments

• wasp short.gif
    wasp short.gif
    14.6 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
please do.

j

Cheers:)

Like just about everyone else I'm waiting for the Jobs data out tomorrow allthough could well get a decent reaction to the ISM judging by the reaction to the manufacturing ISM on Tuesday.

I'm biased to the downside on cable, currently flat on spot but hold 9880 and 9800 puts for expiry on Friday. would think about a short in the 9950/70 area or a 9860 break but will probably wait until the ISM comes out

I'm short on geppy (GBPJPY) @ 239.42 Looking for all the Yen pairs to have a decent downward correction but going to have to wait I think until the Dow and S&P start getting vertigo and people start booking profits on those, I'm currently short the Dow on a June contract @ 13,021 that is totally under water atm but will hold anyway

Edit :

I just feel this USD weakness is overdone, MPC hike next week is fully priced in unless they put it to .50bps.

Weekly chart on cable looking incredibly top heavy, Big divergance on the MACD, the last 2 weeks bars gave a shooting star and a hanging man,

Also for those of you who are aware of/follow Delta's we have had the high in and should now be heading down for an MTD low coming in around 15th May than back up for another high at the end of May

Attachments

• cable weekly.gif
    cable weekly.gif
    23.4 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Morning all.

It does seem that the competition has had the side-effect of killing this thread, which is a pity. Still, unless T2W can offer some mouth-watering prizes (a masterclass with Compounding, perhaps?) there probably won't be many people willing to devote much time to a comp once the novelty wears off.