FX 2007 > March 5th - 9th

How dark are you?!

• Total voters
Anyone short on cable................:) Rav is back
Currently got 2 short positions open ....as my view is that B0E =0 No change and we should see about 10-15 pips movement up and then back down to revisit -280......
Position1= short@ 30
Positon 2=short@49
SL=70

I was right with the 10-15 pips movement
And I am out of both postions @23 hahahah nice start

Yep, well done, rav. I was adopting the better safe than sorry/he who dares loses, approach, based on recent experiences of being spiked out several times on 'no news' announcements.

welcome back Rav was short 51 and out at 13 time to have a rest before tonights Asian sesh

Thanks Phil I am in the 95% that gets it wrong in daytime trading and in the 5% that gets it right in night time trading.....Anyways best of luck in your trading......Let roll on I am probably going to be sitting out for a bit as I have done my deed for the day...Will have a look at the euro but am not too keen.....

Dc2000 the Grand master of forex.....how is your trading going...hopefully the rainbow still blooming come rain or shine....thats DC.....

Wouldn't it be nice to return to those days when Cable moved during the daylight hours? Playing the range is obviously the strategy at the moment but the moment you change to doing that, sods law dictates that it will break out....

Currently short on usd\yen........stupid risk I take lol
Short @26
Stop Loss@56

Was just out for the scalp....
I guess I might end up loosing the pips I made this morning....:-(

Not sure if it's "trading" rav, but I'm holding a short from 9331, so will see what happens. Might be a long trigger around 9195, but that's guesswork on my part! Short again below 9175, with a possible hold through "no man's land" :eek: Got a stop near b/e so not worried either way. This is only a paper trade to let all know, but having lost lots of $$ in the past it still feels real to me! :LOL:
This is very much a price only trade, as I've found the indicator based approach FAR too frustrating!
Cheers
Q

right then looking for 211 Asian sesh entry and a good move tomorrow 200 pips nothing less will do

rav700 said:
Anyone short on cable................:) Rav is back
Currently got 2 short positions open ....as my view is that B0E =0 No change and we should see about 10-15 pips movement up and then back down to revisit -280......
Position1= short@ 30
Positon 2=short@49
SL=70
Hi Rav, welcome back. I happened to get a massive 8pips on a long today!! A win's a win after all. Let's hope tomorrow gives some direction in either direction I don't care.

Just thinking about people coming and going from here what happened to Marmoset? He used to be in and out probably 20 times a day! Real edge of ya seat trading when he was in town... who else came and went I can't remember....

dc2000 said:
right then looking for 211 Asian sesh entry and a good move tomorrow 200 pips nothing less will do
Dc do you think 211??? It might and probably shall test the support at 200 once it started moving into this direction. If it is penetrated then a good ride down is possible. Cable is at this moment below the weekly demand line, though the candle/bar has not closed yet, Long trend is decisively up, but the current week's close needs to be slightly above the last week's close @1.9442 if this demand line (signalling the uptrend since the beginning of April last year) is not to be penetrated with a weekly close!!! Though the short /medium trend is down, I find myself dangerously thinking that somehow the cable shall move up. Possibly in the future but probably not before establishing some meaningful reversal scenario. That is just looking at weekly and daily charts. Sorry if the above is too obvious to all, I thought to add just a caution even to my own opinions versus the clearly discernible chart patterns.

Last edited:
2be said:
Dc do you think 211??? It might and probably shall test the support at 200 once it started moving into this direction. If it is penetrated then a good ride down is possible. Cable is at this moment below the weekly demand line, though the candle/bar has not closed yet, Long trend is decisively up, but the current week's close needs to be slightly above the last week's close @1.9442 if this demand line (signalling the uptrend since the beginning of April last year) is not to be penetrated with a weekly close!!! Though the short /medium trend is down, I find myself dangerously thinking that somehow the cable shall move up. Possibly in the future but probably not before establishing some meaningful reversal scenario. That is just looking at weekly and daily charts. Sorry if the above is too obvious to all, I thought to add just a caution even to my own opinions versus the clearly discernible chart patterns.

211 is my buy target and is pretty much etched in stone from Thursdays price action my profit target is 411 and would live with a close just above that but not above 442 this is mainly because I have medium term lower targets that will become valid from next week

dc2000 said:
211 is my buy target and is pretty much etched in stone from Thursdays price action my profit target is 411 and would live with a close just above that but not above 442 this is mainly because I have medium term lower targets that will become valid from next week
DC do you mean Thursday just gone or Thursday 1st March?
What I have not mentioned in my last post is that I do not know the day on which the weekly candle is closed. I think on ProRealTime it looks like Friday, but on CMC I am not that sure.
Interesting candle on weekly GBP/CHF on ProRealTime.

dc2000 said:
I am short from 313 and have limit orders in at 211 and 411

Price is in a 200 pip range 1.9370 - 1.9170 although I thought cable might fall this afternoon, looking at the ECB rate increase, the price of gold recovering and oil rising I suspect $ is now likely to fall.

I don't thing there is much chance of Fed raising interest rates. Also, now that ECB have raised rates and economic outlook still is growth the UK may start to consider another interest rate hike.

I may consider going long if 1.9370 is broken or short if 1.9175 is breached.

Too risky for me to place trades when BB in narrow band. I'll watch and wait for the brakeout.