FX-2007: Apr 08nd > Apr 13th

Where do you think we are heading this week

• 200 pips higher than last week

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
29Investments said:
Out at 763 and +50 pips - Thats me done for the day (new rule)

Good luck all

Good work 29I,

Just closed at 1.9766 too. I'm up +33 on cable today so far.

I've picked this system up from one of Neil's posts on Micro Trading Strategy on FX. Read up on it and just tried it more out of boredom than anything else.

It works quite well. Especially, in non trading sideways moving markets within a range....

Going to take a break now and have errands to do... Joys of life.

Good trading everyone...

Atilla said:

I've picked this system up from one of Neil's posts on Micro Trading Strategy on FX. Read up on it and just tried it more out of boredom than anything else.

It works quite well. Especially, in non trading sideways moving markets within a range....

Good trading everyone...

Atilla, was this trade with your 1 min MA system?

Good trade.

TPF

The Pearl Fisher said:

Good trade.

TPF

Yes...

As I posted those two charts.

It's some new system I've read up on about micro trading FX. Looking at 1 to 10 min charts and using Price and MA cross overs with BB.

I use such a system anyway but look at 10min, 1 hour or daily charts.

This micro stuff takes it to the minutes. But it points out you need to be prepared to get in and out for very small moves.

Last two days it's been quite good.

The Pearl Fisher said:

Good trade.

TPF

I'm not in cable at the mo. But the 2 min charts showing a sell signal as price crossed MA9 & 20. SPX falling from 1438 to 1436 so $ strengthening.

The correlated moves are quite strong now.

As I say will not enter trade but test signals.

Good luck.

Well this looks like a false hairy signal. Cable still rising and stretched. With the result coming out best to stay out...

Last edited:
Atilla said:
Good work 29I,

Good trading everyone...

Hello,

Do you have a link to the strat Atilla ? It sounds interesting - I dont usually go below the 5 min chart for cable................. :eek:

Thanks !

Ziff ( Gatecrashing the thread with my first post.......................)

Have to say I can't imagine what can actually happen that will improve sentiment for the dollar. It seems that all talking up of the dollar is disregarded now and even Euro holding interest rates is enough for it to strengthen against the dollar. Feel more certain than ever that we will be seeing $2/£ soon.

Well, I finally got stopped out of my USDJPY position after almost two weeks! 140 pip profit, so no complaints there, and I am currently up about 80 pips on my Cable long position.

pipper said:
Well, I finally got stopped out of my USDJPY position after almost two weeks! 140 pip profit, so no complaints there, and I am currently up about 80 pips on my Cable long position.

Hi everyone, back again...

Just gone short on cable @1.9765 based on 1min BB breakout... Very risky but 10m chart MAs all pointing down.

I'll try and dig out that download for you Ziff. It was a printout I read that was lying in my pile of things to read... :eek:

Looks like nothing has changed in the last four hours or so... Cable is doing what it is so good as. Swinging its rear side to side... :p

Atilla said:
Hi everyone, back again...

Just gone short on cable @1.9765 based on 1min BB breakout... Very risky but 10m chart MAs all pointing down.

I'll try and dig out that download for you Ziff. It was a printout I read that was lying in my pile of things to read... :eek:

Looks like nothing has changed in the last four hours or so... Cable is doing what it is so good as. Swinging its rear side to side... :p

Here is my 10min and 1min charts which I based the short on. Looks like a false break out at the moment. My SL becomes the upper BB around 1.9775 where it is just hovering. So getting ready to take some pip loss. :eek:

Attachments

• Cable-070412b.gif
    Cable-070412b.gif
    36.9 KB · Views: 173
Atilla said:
Here is my 10min and 1min charts which I based the short on. Looks like a false break out at the moment. My SL becomes the upper BB around 1.9775 where it is just hovering. So getting ready to take some pip loss. :eek:

I’d hold out on this one Atilla.

Given the time of day and the way GBP has performed recently. It isn’t going to go against you with any eagerness.

TPF

In fact, if I can get an entry better than 1.9785 I may open up an early short position for the overnight Asian session.

TPT

The Pearl Fisher said:
I’d hold out on this one Atilla.

Given the time of day and the way GBP has performed recently. It isn’t going to go against you with any eagerness.

TPF

Hi TPF, I think you may be right and I'm still in. Here is another couple of charts on the range I'm looking at. Cable is true to form and at times like this it's good.

I've drawn lines on the range. I may risk the pips I've made. Lost 10 so far. 23 to go...

Pondering. Looking at SPX which has risen to 1443. I'm thinking if SPX rises $ falls cable rise. If SPX falls as I expect than cable should fall.

Will sit it out for a while but this micro strategy is likely to evolve at this point. So much for getting in and out quickly. Damn psychology plays tricks in the head. :LOL:

Attachments

• Cable-070412c.gif
    Cable-070412c.gif
    34.7 KB · Views: 193
Early doors short position for the Asian session.

Sold @ 1.9780 Target = as big as it likes.

SL(On a very tight rein)

TPF

The Pearl Fisher said:
Early doors short position for the Asian session.

Sold @ 1.9780 Target = as big as it likes.

SL(On a very tight rein)

TPF

I'm with you on this one TPF.

Just looked at the daily charts and looks like it's going to take a breather with falling MACD bars.

4 hour charts RSI has turned down too and looking bearish

Bad weekly jobless claims coupled with high inflationary pressures coming out tomorrow is likely to really move cable one way or another. Some people have already started talking about stagnation.

So I may leave the position over night until tomorrow. Feel it's very risky but what the heck. It's relatively a small bet for me anyway.

Good trading...

Atilla said:
I'm with you on this one TPF.

Just looked at the daily charts and looks like it's going to take a breather with falling MACD bars.

4 hour charts RSI has turned down too and looking bearish

Bad weekly jobless claims coupled with high inflationary pressures coming out tomorrow is likely to really move cable one way or another. Some people have already started talking about stagnation.

So I may leave the position over night until tomorrow. Feel it's very risky but what the heck. It's relatively a small bet for me anyway.

Good trading...

It's going to be a hairy experience tomorrow with oil going up to $64.... Core PPI numbers going to be real pip cruncher or maker... :rolleyes:

Does anyone here use implied volatilities for the forex markets to determine likelihood of ranging or breaking out, I'd love to know how useful they are... and where online is a good place to find implied volatility charts?

only implied volatility can be used to measure uncertainty

your question is redundant