• Within 200 pips of last week

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • At least 200 pips lower than last week

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Face, bovvered, bovvered, face. Duuh.

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rav, you've gone all werewolf on me, more active at night these days, especially around the full moon :LOL:

Uphios said:
Rav, you've gone all werewolf on me, more active at night these days, especially around the full moon :LOL:
I will be honest with you I seem to make more pips between 8pm and 8 am ....I know shocking isnt it....I am going to give up day trading and trade the nights with ease.....
I have got one silly short position open on cable which I wanna take out but will wait I guess...
Currently looking at thegbp\jpy for breakout :idea:

Uphios said:

Still watching and I think it just bounced off my 34 MA on the 10m charts. I thought it was going to break down from it so I went in short with a small stake to sample it at 232.84 at the mo.

I think I'll have to stomp it out if it goes past 233.14. :rolleyes:

rav700 said:
I will be honest with you I seem to make more pips between 8pm and 8 am ....I know shocking isnt it....I am going to give up day trading and trade the nights with ease.....
I have got one silly short position open on cable which I wanna take out but will wait I guess...
Currently looking at thegbp\jpy for breakout :idea:

Break outs from BB if you are patient and time it well are almost 75% - 80% good imo.

My problem is sometimes I don't wait for the break out pull back and surge and just trade when price crosses MAs or MAs cross over and that's where I get whipped-sawed... :LOL:

Need more patients.

Atilla said:
Still watching and I think it just bounced off my 34 MA on the 10m charts. I thought it was going to break down from it so I went in short with a small stake to sample it at 232.84 at the mo.

I think I'll have to stomp it out if it goes past 233.14. :rolleyes:

Be careful mate....I am just waiting to for the b\e at present either way a 50 pips are out for a taking :D .....Indicators are telling me to short the pair in 2 mins but ....Why am I so hesitant

This will be the 6th attempt to break 08 if it fails this time back to support @ 50 me thinks

To tell the truth I am getting more and more into this late night Yen trading, just seems to make more sense to me. Looks like GBPJPY is setting up for a short but early days yet. I prefer entry just before market opens.

I noticed that the Tanken? report was indicating USDJPY in the 114 area by the end of year. That doesn't seem so far to me given that they went to 115 recently.

Update. Hmmm, the europeans (£/euro/swissie) are holding firm or firming.

Last edited:
Uphios said:
To tell the truth I am getting more and more into this late night Yen trading, just seems to make more sense to me. Looks like GBPJPY is setting up for a short but early days yet. I prefer entry just before market opens.

I noticed that the Tanken? report was indicating USDJPY in the 114 area by the end of year. That doesn't seem so far to me given that they went to 115 recently.

Update. Hmmm, the europeans (£/euro/swissie) are holding firm or firming.

I'm out at 233.22. Given back most of todays gains. Now just up by a very small margin. Enough to feed the dog and that's it. Atilla gets to eat and rest of family starves... :cheesy:

Easy come easy go...

Atilla said:
I'm out at 233.22. Given back most of todays gains. Now just up by a very small margin. Enough to feed the dog and that's it. Atilla gets to eat and rest of family starves... :cheesy:

Easy come easy go...
Sorry to hear it, no consolation I know but I think your doing better than me of late, Family ate the dog tonight!

short 33.10 stop 33.35

Oh yeh, and take absolutely no notice of me tonight, I am a grandad again today and at least 2 bottles of wine under the belt tonight.

Uphios said:
Sorry to hear it, no consolation I know but I think your doing better than me of late, Family ate the dog tonight!

short 33.10 stop 33.35

Oh yeh, and take absolutely no notice of me tonight, I am a grandad again today and at least 2 bottles of wine under the belt tonight.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Thank you for your support Uphios... That did make me laugh... In fact still sniggering I am... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Well sleep time.

Happy trading to you both...

WOW and CONGRATULATIONS TOO. Wonderful... :D :D :D

Uphios said:

short 33.10 stop 33.35

I dont know if this would be of any help to you mate but I think the upward mommentum is dying and I have a short at 33.10 as well...................... :cheesy: :cheesy:
We seem to be the bears of the board....
I have my stop @ 55 because 50 is known resistance

rav700 said:
I dont know if this would be of any help to you mate but I think the upward mommentum is dying and I have a short at 33.10 as well...................... :cheesy: :cheesy:

Before I go imo the long term weekly and daily charts showing bullish tendencies. Only the short term 1 & 4 hr charts looing as if they may be overbought. But in both cases they are above my MAs and in a strong market the oscillators aren't much good.

Exercise extreme caution as they say...

NN chaps.

rav700 said:
Can you have bears in FX?? Look at it another way I am long JPY against GBP.:confused: Shouldn't have told me your stop 'cos I don't know this pair that well and now your just encouraging me to hang on a little longer if it goes bad. My target is a miserable 232.70.

G'night attila, good luck for the rest of the week.

Can't wait to close cable. I need 9752 to b/e on current trade and then I think I will leave cable alone for a while, I seem to have lost the plot on that one. Fortunately for me swissie is keeping me in the game and hopefully JPY tonight.

I think I must be missing something, this pound has certainlly got the wind under it's tail. I see in the news today they are talking about a UK interest rate rise either Thursday or next month. Personally I can't see it happening but I guess all the time the market thinks it may happen pound is going to stay strong/get stronger.

The rise in interest rate is likely, but in itself it might not be the most influential ingredient for the cable move up. Week USD seems to be preferred option for US economy and by default all seem to favour it for a time being. In the US people still are nostalgic about the past when the GBP was over 2.5 USD, and that was not that long ago. USD depreciation seems to be a matter of time. Interesting to see you being logged in.
Good trading to all.

Last edited:
2be said:
The rise in interest rate is likely, but in itself it might not be the most influential ingredient for the cable move up. Week USD seems to be preferred option for US economy and by default all seem to favour it for a time being. In the US people still are nostalgic about the past when the GBP was over 2.5 USD, and that was not that long ago. USD depreciation seems to be a matter of time. Interesting to see you being logged in.
Good trading to all.
Thanks for that 2be, something for me to think about. I often feel the pound is overvalued and therefor bad for the economy in the long run, I guess I hadn't thought there may be people in the US who think the same about the dollar. I must admit it has occured to me that perhaps the only way out of the mess that the US economy is in is to effectively devalue, crafty buggers are still talking up the dollar though! I think interest rate rise in the UK though will kill our internal economy, we are a very house orinated people and higher interest rates will upset that game.

Oh, and I'm going to bed, the wine has caught up with me, night all.

Morning all. Long on this move above 1.9800 but running a tight stop 9782 because this might prove to be a false break above yesterday's resistance.

BS 0810 GBPUSD at:19802 t:19770

B 0902 GBPUSD at:19786.8 t:19789.8
B 0942 GBPUSD at:19786 t:19789
B 0948 GBPUSD at:19794.9 t:19797.9

Last edited:
That's my fear HB, which is why my position is small stakes, tight stop but having said that, I think sterling wil be pretty well bid until Thursday lunchtime. If the decision is no change we could get a pretty big fall, I think.