Votes: 5 38.5%
  • At least 200 pips lower than last week

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Face, bovvered, bovvered, face. Duuh.

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
rav700 said:
Okay watch out for the break out at 08 My trade entry will be 15 with a stop at 80
QUOTE]
Trade successful with GBP\JPY with a 150 pips proft..... :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

rav700 said:
I would be careful as I think We might still rally till BOE matey
Thanks Rav, stop is at the previous high so no biggy if I ain't got it right, I do think there's a need for a fall now though... just a hunch. How silly will I look if we hit 9900 today :eek:

Priceman, I think we will probably get a dip at least halfway to your target, which was why I was so uncertain about my system generated long earlier (which I'm now out of). I can't see you losing even if it doesn't reach your target. As I and Rav said before the BOE threat will probably stop it falling too far.

TPF you must be feeling really smug about that exit now!

The Pearl Fisher said:
As I understood from last night rav700, you were short GBP/JPY (lower quote above) I just can't understand your trading. I am totally confused. It just does add up so to speek.

TPF

I said on a clean break out I would be going long and reversing my trade....
I post and trade so sometimes things get confusing.........

Happy Trading
Rav...

But I post what I trade............

It should stay above 718 which is a previous high but also the 38.2 fib of the move up from 546 to 824

Long from 755 stop 715

Good day everyone,

Don't feel very excited today for some reason. Probably because I am half asleep with that Night Nurse stuff :cheesy:

Notice Euro is back down to 1.3356. My re-entry point for a long was 1.3350 but may wait for a little longer and reconsider.

I can't help thinking $ may show some face today and we may have a retrace. This is only based on a small hunch as less war drums banging in ME.

Hourly charts look like a sell to me.

SPX seems to have bounced a little and oil is also down or I'm expecting it to fall a little further. 65 sounds goods.

Well that's my vibes out for the day.

Will I trade.... Yes but not now...

Good luck everyone... :)

over on Forex factory, somebody has a means of showing the time remaining to next major eco-news, on the MT-4 chart itself!!

seems quite neat.
does anybody know where the MT-4 file that does that is? (might need to blank out "forex factory" when posting the chart here!!)

Morning all. Well just managed to close a chunck of my cable shorts after a nervous ride. A gain of 3 points, part of which will have gone on the carry. Closed swissie as well for +80, I do like the swissie. Closed GBPJPY short last night before bed for +3 and so glad I did! Best 3 pips I have taken. Still carrying a little cable short but I need 1.9650 for break even on that one so it might be around for a while yet. I'm going to try and keep it small for the remainder of this week as I am totally lost for where it all goes next.

Closed my shorts at 54,51 & 65, not great the last one but might have got out a little early but I have convinced my self of this BOE effect bid tone

Offshore Trader said:
Closed my shorts at 54,51 & 65, not great the last one but might have got out a little early but I have convinced my self of this BOE effect bid tone

I don't think BoE will raise rates.

GBP is not rising it's simply $ falling.

Bank was commenting it found the £ too high. Also, still too soon to raise rates. Rates likely to rise around June July based on spring housing sales growth probably...

Attilla, I don't think the BOE will raise either and will be looking to short cable on Thursday. It's just the threat that might that is giving sterling support against all currencies IMHO

Offshore Trader said:
Attilla, I don't think the BOE will raise either and will be looking to short cable on Thursday. It's just the threat that might that is giving sterling support against all currencies IMHO

Yep good move, especially after recent strong rise. Let it consolidate and pick out another nice break out.

No point in being in the market just for the hair raising experience eh? :devilish:

Did just scalp oil again if I may boast. I'm out now but it still seems to be falling.

Fall in oil likely to be good for the $ so a fall in cable. Watch out guys FA can have impact on charts fwiw...

BUDAPEST (Dow Jones)--Countries within the Organization of Economic Cooperation and Development, such as the U.S. and many European countries, have ample crude oil stocks to cover any shortfall in Iranian oil exports, the head of the International Energy Agency said Tuesday.

"In the case of an interruption of Iranian (oil) flows for any reason, we have our own strategic stocks which are over 4 billion barrels, which equals four years of Iranian exports," IEA executive director Claude Mandil told reporters on the sidelines of a press conference here.

The IEA is the energy watchdog for most of the OECD's 30 member states.

As someone said, the dollar's weak rather than the pound being strong. Long on cable again, so brace yourselves for an instant 200pip fall, chaps.