FTSE 100 intraday trading - JUNE 2003

There is a good chance that it will fall to125 before it recovers
Let's see.

There is supp and resistance at about 125 to 133,and we are due for a down day.I'm probably wrong again.keep saying I won't stick my neck out,but like to keep the post going with some input

I also try to keep things simple - in fact have just got rid of one indicator (CCI) because I think I was trying to read too much from them all of the time.

I use 15 min candlestick charts (AIQ/Mytrack) as I dont like all of the 'noise' on 1min/2min/5min etc with EMAs, MACD and volume - still sounds like a lot of indicators I suppose!

Well, I think I'm done for the day. Took a slightly nervous (as my charts have a gap this morning) 5.5points on that bounce. It's a bit like watching paint dry now and the sunshine is calling...

cya

...quick short from 167. Not right, out for -2. New rule - never enter when dying for a pee!

PM Chowclown and Fluke

Thanks ChowClown! Have just PM'ed you. As well as Fluke on a related matter. LOL

ChowClown.
I went out this afternoon and missed the drop.Even though it came near my target of 125 to 133.
Never mind there's next week un- touched .Have a good week end.

...a good weekend yourself. That's what I like about intraday trading, plenty of opportunities to jump on and off throughout the week.

Bonsai

Thanks for the reply I use bars but on a much shorter time frame and use fast SMA's to help guide me as to which way the price may go if price not trending between several bars.

Kevin

a bit more jogging today ?
shame about the Consumer sentiment.
Although it was the 13th, hope it was lucky for some ?
The day chart makes it look quite tradeable.

Attachments

• jun13.gif
    jun13.gif
    22.6 KB · Views: 295
Bonsai,

I assume the blue line on your 15m chart is the MACD. Do you have specific settings to produce it in this fashion and have you any idea how I might be able to reproduce the same on my Sierra charts.

I have read a little on Elliott Waves in the John Murphy book and understand the basic principle but have never been able to break it down to near time charts, such as intraday. If I do sometimes get it right it is more by luck than judgment. You appear to make good use of this technique, are you able to point me in the right direction as to where I may improve on this theory, something that might SPELL it out in layman's terms.

I am currently trying something out with the 15 m chart trading through D4F trying to trade the intraday trends or waves currently using a 2 SMA to assist with this but it would be nice to try and work out the waves in advance.

Kevin

Kevin
The chart called MACD (bottom right) is the MACD
the blue line you refered to is a 1 hr sma.

On Elliott, a good one to start with is 'Elliott Wave Principle'
by Frost and Prechter.

It is a concept considered to be fractal so applies in any time frame but shows up best in 1 hr plots.
again I would suggest line charts.