FTSE 100 intraday trading - JULY 2003

How accurate are they normally in relation to the cash index's opening? Today's was 4080+/- 50? So the median figure was pretty good?But is it always +/- 50?Or does the 'spread' vary much? If it does I wonder why? -------- Thanks sledgehammer,sorry didn't see your post.

Last edited:
Jonnyy

at the moment the future is about 15 points below the cash. but that changes as the weeks go by.

It's usually +/- 50, but sometimes something obscure (to me) like 52 or 58.

95% of the time it will head towards the OC after the open. then 95% of the time it will head off to test the boundaries.

but i'm a novice so please treat these observations with caution!

finally, connected to liffe.

boy

on my DA platform

don't you think we're off-topic?

i'm now waiting for more informed FTSE commentary from bonsai and others, which i find very helpful

There must be something they base it on,hence 52/58.I just wondered if it was useable? Like Boy,I don't know how to get it. I'm a novice too so I don't know the ins and outs of how it all works behind the scenes,but its got to be worth finding out?These little tit-bits that people throw in all help.Several times people on here have made remarks that have added another piece into the jig-saw for me.

commentary ?

I'm thinking they may want to test the gain line.
or 70
btw all my chart numbers are cash.

so do cnbc and bloomberg
who also have 2 min chat about why.
think I prefer them to the above named puff ?

bonsai said:
commentary ?

I'm thinking they may want to test the gain line.
or 70

don't you get bored being right all the time!!

good trading

jon

is it me or have the prices for the ftse 100 futures frozen on IB? is this problem affecting anybody else?

lol well it's just been confirmed! liffe has halted trading due to technical difficulties!

reactor

no it isn't you. the exchange broke again.

they've just gone to pre-market. haven't seen when the market will re-open yet

(sorry, i hadn't refreshed since your 12.52 post!)