FTSE 100 intraday trading - JULY 2003

sorry jonny, really couldnt say .
it may have landed butter side up ?
in which case you may be ok.

I think there is only one way of testing them.

Yes, I've sent Novatech an e-mail and they claim to respond in an hour. Just to confirm the 'phone call.Trouble is if I open the anti-static bag I probably loose my rights. By the time I get properly set-up trading will be illegal. Have you traded the Dax in the past?I think I may trade Dax a.m and then Dow for the rest. Are you ever going to change the no pm's/e-mail situation? You could send me a P.M about it.

Warq,

Hi,

Hi Bonsai,

Do you ever set-up short and long at the parameters - say for the Dow long at 9240 & short 9140 at the same time.

That was the original question- It's called bilateral trading. :D

So your esteemed opinion is the second strategy is 'stupid' because it's the equivillant of been flat in the market- but surely if your not in the market that's the position you'd be in anyway.

If you find it easier to close a position than open one- I cannot see the problem- especially at times of indecision.

Okay you think otherwise- no problem

"[So your esteemed opinion is the second strategy is 'stupid' because it's the equivillant of been flat in the market- but surely if your not in the market that's the position you'd be in anyway."

Precisely......but if you are not in the market then you have not incurred any cost , so the positions are not equivalent

"If you find it easier to close a position than open one- I cannot see the problem- especially at times of indecision."

You sound like the sort of guy who pays more than he has to because he feels better doing it that way. Totally illogical but its your choice.............

jonny

lol
used to trade the dow and the dax but it involved interfering
with the 8hr day

Hi all,

while I was out something stirred!! Further to my post last evening all but one of the bearish signals have now triggered and all but one of the bullish signals have failed - I won't be going long in a hurry!(always dependent on that wretched DOW of course)

Good trading

jon

tubbs
no sign of it yet

may only look like divergence because the down move is
not yet complete.

barjon.

Could you please set out the method you use to get the bull or bear signals on you EOD charts.Also could you please give me you list of basket constituents of the FTSE 100,that you use.
The reason I ask,is for some time now,I have been trying to work out if the number constituent's giving a reversal signal have any direct effect on the movement of the ftse index.
I am trying to fine tune my system and this would would help me to reduce my loss making trades.
Regards

Fluke

I use candlesticks, the most reliable of which (for me) are: bearish after an up trend - shooting star, hanging man and doji; bullish after a down trend - hammer, inverted hammer and doji. These patterns are not all properly confirmed until next day close but to give me an idea of next days FTSE direction I allow a fairly liberal interpretation (not if I'm trading the share tho').

The basket is the FTSE 12 - azn,barc,bp,dge,gsk,hbos,hsba,lloy,rbs,shel,ulvr and vod with a few others thrown in from time to time for a bit more balance. At the moment it's plus avz,gaa,iii, mks,tsco and rb.

Until the market shows itself to disagree I will tend to trade with the direction indicated (if there is one, which there has been for the last two days).

Rushing out shortly but happy to explore with you further if you don't mind waiting for a reply.

good trading

jon

barjon.

Thanks a lot,will look at yor ifo later.I have to go now and will look out for you later.

LOL

waqr
?
there is no simple way to answer that.

let me turn it round
do you think it is ?
why ?

well, if you're trading, I suggest you get one.
its quite important, dont you think ?

It certainly is not important that I have an opinion on market direction and yes I am trading , but dax and US not ftse.

once again, a fairly good day for elliott fans.
The early pull back this morning was novel but hopefully
fooled no-one.
The failed attempts to break the 50% fib at 4085 have
brought an obvious response.
3952 is not sacrosanct.

Attachments

• jul10.gif
    jul10.gif
    21.8 KB · Views: 315