FTSE 100 intraday trading - JULY 2003

back to paper trading to get my confidence back today. as a result not i'm not actually trading.

good luck to everyone.

when I trade the gap its for for continuation only

how can you compare the two ?
don't understand the question.
volume on ftse is the volume of shares traded.
volume on liffe is volume of contracts.

dont understand the last part either.
"pricing of futures and cash in terms of the trade"?
what does that mean ?
"contract size" ?

margin or ntr varies

Ouch on the long at 70.
I made the cardinal sin of getting my time frames mixed up so I have been in a losing trade for a few weeks - indeed since the ftse was last at 4075. The market then went south and I had to wait. Now I need it to make 4100. Does anyone think that is likely?

On the subject of the Yahoo charts, this is what I use and must say intraday they give very good results - if you're happy to get only the major moves in the day - and combine this with a bit of inside knowledge of the markets. I use the method to update automatically every minute that I think Bonsai reported.

It's a good call, we've just reversed - but I notice that the market never does too much at this time of day

is it big ?
seems to take ages to download.
why not convert to .gif.
you can find the link in my journal

Redone it, but it didn't hold anyway - For now. NO in seriousness it was too steep and intraday does usually follow such a pattern

Bye the way, how do you just post a pic

Never mind, it just did it.
Anyway the stochastics show a good trigger, and the trend is broken, however, in my experience this will drift up to the median and then down before US open where the real action begins. What say you?

B.T.W. The Yahoo data is without delay, which means I get a kind of streaming intraday for absolutely free, not bad

Have you seen the volume today, it's crap. I'm getting pretty tired of this FTSE underperformance as its worth quite a bit of money to me right now. :!:

Last edited:
yahoo is good
1 min snapshots
presumably you have it on auto refresh.
difficult to justify a lot of these fancy dan packages ?

underperformance ? I think its rotation that's doing it.
but ft250 going great guns.
however there is the spread ! to cope with.

Attachments

• ft250.gif
    ft250.gif
    15.5 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:
Interesting point with the 250 - I heard a pundit on CNBC say this morning that this pickup in small caps means a domestic recovery, which can surely only be good in the long term fo the FTSE. I would be interested to know if you watch such tv.

surely, only I think bloomberg is better.

not entirely convinced about 'recovery' but I do think
they had been oversold.

but unlikely that ftse will break down until 250 has run its course ?

Anyone know where I can get a thumbnail size 'photo of Lolo Ferrari. Face-on? This one makes her look half human.

Bonsai

re volume thanks did not understand the figures

re size etc I meant are your deals in multiples of 10 like the futures and is the margin requirement the same if you trade cash of future contracts from futures chart rather than the index.

I hope that makes sense.

Kevin

kevin
you have so many questions, why not phone d4f and get them
to send you their literature. Its very detailed and seems to
cover all the points.
Fins literature is also good.

Bonsai,

What parts of Bloomberg do you think are better - in what way? I tend to think it's a bit pipe and slippers - but each to their own. They do show the ftse futures, but I'm not sure if they're any use, they usually just scare me during my trades. I have found the market moves more in my direction when I watch Bloomberg, but surely I can't be THAT superstitious can I?