FTSE 100 Intraday trading - August 2003

If the Ftse breaks yesterday afternoons low my wave count must be wrong. I've gone long as it's a relatively short stop.

starting to pick up.
but even if it does break yesterdays low, I would still read yesterday as an abc making A with todays pullback being B
so this fall could be C which puts the final stop as 4173.

Getting back to normal after harddrive transplant.The pcworld engineer didn't install the motherboard -- 'there's no need,it's these SEAGATE harddrives,we're always replacing them!' I should have known -- first they were out of stock on 5/7 days' order,then I got a phone call,'we can do it on Thursday' -- They want to ofload the remainder! If it happens again I'll buy a Maxtor which he suggested is the best.Worth it for hassle saving.Meanwhile lots of backing up.Should be ready for Monday.He couldn't offer any help with the Pig squeals though.

Last edited:
Has he replaced the hard drive with another crap one?

Just thought :idea: did he mean Seagate?

Last edited:
just got back to see we have broken the low.
but never did get higher low on macd,
still got corrective feel about it though.

a/d is still holding up.

Fluke, may be you were right ?

That's to add emphasis to 'Blair is telling the truth'. 'I wasn't going to quit until my name was cleared' Loyal to the 'end' (well paid?) the greasy ####.

ah well, a full complement of a ships crew always includes a few rats ?

dont really blame him for wanting to come ashore.
its really hot in the galley just now.

it may just be a coincidence, but there was a report in the
afternoon news on T.V that there had been an increase in the number
of rats on the streets of London.

that was a pretty rubbishy sort of day for me.
traded the gap fill and then came out.
as a result, I missed 3 nice swings.

and with a close at 4161 we are back below the fib.

Bonsai - Any chance of making the charts on page 1 the same size as Chartman`s Dow Charts for your new thread in September? It would also be nice to have a 1 minute 100 ema from the same source. It would be much appreciated.

Lambchops

Bonsai

When you trade in the afternoons do you watch the Dow and the S&P to give an indication off direction or do you trade purely off the FTSE chart?

Jean

LC
have increased chart to h650 w850. can make further changes if you want.
looks big and I use 1024x768.
are you using that specific chart and refreshing?
why not put into notepad and set up your own specification ?

stockpoint dont offer ema on free charts and yahoo dont offer variable macd.
so you may have to hunt around for what you want.

jean
I trade off the ftse chart and specifically avoid U.S.A or Dax inferences.
I would suggest to you that trying to do otherwise will only introduce uncertainty in your resolve to trade what you see.

After all, if I wanted to trade the Dow, I would trade the Dow.
OK ?

Thanks Bonsai - I just keep the first page in favourites and refresh. It is good for me to compare it with the similar settings on D4F. I wanted the 100 ema to have a look at using a variation of Chartman`s method on the FTSE. The 1 day 100 minute ema on Yahoo is just rubbish but I see the 5 day is more accurate. I`ll check out putting it into notepad.

Lambchops

Last edited:
Good point Bonsai.

I came unstuck on Friday partly through combining the Dow and Ftse. I was very confident the Dow would go up, so held a Ftse buy longer than I should have, taking at 13.5 point loss. Admittedly I also thought the Ftse would rebound, but if I'd followed my Ftse entry/exit rules I'd have had a good day instead of losing.

Hungry bear
part of the problem is that sometimes FTSE is a leading indicator and sometimes it isnt.
and then sometimes the 'locals' seem to take a flyer at the
direction and sometimes they dont.
and sometimes, they dont get it right either. So the permutations are often mind boggling.

lambchops
I have attached a file for you to download and store somewhere
on your computer.
Its the page 1 chart with autorefresh code built in.
I have also modified it to give you a 100 sma.
If you move your mouse off the chart and right click then select View Source, you can edit the elements to suit yourself.
PS: Dont forget to save it as an HTML file.

Attachments

• lchop.html
    541 bytes · Views: 317
Last edited: