FTSE 100 Intraday trading - August 2003

Mully

well it had a good look round!! Is this a bounce? Got to go out
in a few minutes dammit, just when it's getting interesting.

AVZ went positive a bit ago, but no real signal (for me) as yet.

good trading

jon

The female voice of aol just said "you've got company" -- What the hell does that mean!? - no norton alert.

sunseeker. Yes. according to bloomberg <UKX INDEX MEMB> there are 101 constituents. I have more faith in the reliability of Bloomberg's information then any other Info provider.

yes, there are 101.
without checking, I think the extra could be either Schroders n/v
or hsbc n/v

edit
I believe the idea is that by including the n/v they get
the proper market cap for companies involved.

but there are only 100 companies.

Last edited:
Bonsai

Your fav FTSE250 is making its first pullback in 8 days, and confirming FTSE 100 setback today.

Any thoughts? (Wave count on F250 appears clearer and could suggest a complete 5 waves, with fifth wave breaking into 5 components)

Is this just the pullback in the FTSE100 to test how real the break above 4220 is? (ie it will go higher)

mully
thanks for the heads up
suspect its just too soon to say
but it is in an area where there is resistance from 4yrs ago.
it may go higher but it will probably be more difficult now.

just been reading back on the posts while I was away
and would like to say thanks for the sentiments.

but off again for a while.

(keep your eyes on the one day candles. Too early yet, but
if we finish with Dark Cloud cover , beware).

FTSE appears to be stalling around the 50% retracement of the fall from 4287. Additionally, there appears a lower high on the 60/510 MACD, despite marginally higher price.

However, IMHO the real question is whether the SP500 can breakout to the upside. Last two days have not resolved the issue

mully

Agree with that. Yesterdays fall maybe anticipated USA
weakeness which didn't materialise. It'll make a fast break
when and if it goes??

good trading

jon

Well that was underwhelming! Looking for S&P500 to break 1004 and told to expect big move up (various US commentators including Dow thread) to test 1015 and beyond. FTSE not getting excited so far. Could say acting very unimpressed.

Any thoughts?

mully

Hopping about on hot bricks waiting for US to break one way
or the other. There seems quite a lot of selling volume coming in
the moment US shows any weakness so maybe the bears are
massing, although the bulls are still defending the June high
resolutely. Agree that it depends on US as you said before.

Play it as it comes and be prepared for fast break when minds
are made up imo.

good trading

jon

Help is at hand if you want to pay money for an unrealistically optimised system whose buy and sell signals have little to do with China and everything to do with pivot points that are freely available on the Web. I would be the first to despair if anyone paid for it.

Very odd here?I went to the Mytrack window to add a symbol(check if it was in data base) and got connection to Mytrack lost-try again. It said my connection bounced at8:01!I've still got the Liffe feed and it agrees with IB (I enabled Liffe with Mytrack as I was having problems with IB.)

FTSE250 gone to new highs for year, unlike the FTSE100. This suggests we should see better levels for the FTSE100 eventually?

Frugi you must be one of the many sheep that blindly follow
what ever you are told,in order to line your own pockets.baa!
baa! baa!thanks

Matt321 said:
Frugi you must be one of the many sheep that blindly follow
what ever you are told,in order to line your own pockets.baa!
baa! baa!thanks

Do you perhaps subscribe to chinese numbers Matt ? Or have you backtested their numbers/claims ?

How annoying. This thread has been devoid of people advertising their wares. Please can we keep to the point and discuss the FTSE100 and not get distracted into flogging bizarre methods/approaches. There are ample opportunities on other sites.

PS. Is there anyway the moderators can filter out people who are attempting, however subtlety, to flog their wares.

We recognise "Chinese Numbers" as being not very useful, and therefor think it approprate NOT to mention it.