Currency trading (Sep 25th - 29th)

Where will cable be by the end of this week ?

• Total voters
same here Rav

still waiting should come before the end of the EU sesh though, then we need to climb a little

still also waiting for NOK to hit the 502 for a little profit

dc2000 said:
I reckon 3:06 to 4:15pm should do it

Lets hope the homesales report does it for us.... either that or I am out as I have move my stop to +5 already...
Best of luck all the the patient waiting traders............ :LOL:
Previous=6.33
Home Sale =consensus is at 6.2 million
Long GBP < 5.8 million ...down down down
Short GBP >6.4 million ...up up up

Whatever the result ....do something...haha

Happy trading Rav :cheesy:

rav700 said:
Lets hope the homesales report does it for us.... either that or I am out as I have move my stop to +5 already...
Best of luck all the the patient waiting traders............ :LOL:
Previous=6.33
Home Sale =consensus is at 6.2 million
Long GBP < 5.8 million ...down down down
Short GBP >6.4 million ...up up up

Whatever the result ....do something...haha

Happy trading Rav :cheesy:

I aint one to boast my order has been filled just came out @ +5 ...
It is has put cable back in the same hole it was trying to get out of for the LAST 3 HOURS... :eek:
Hope all you guys made some profit

For the day:

+35 pips......
Will see if I get a short entry but will not chase it at all :rolleyes:

Happy Trading Rav

Giving up for the day now. Hard to call and if I chase this, I'm just going to lose money. Cue the large straight line move!

I dont know still feel a tic bearish.....

But I think I am done for the day as well....

Will set my alerts....and wait for the chimes to ring...

Good Day
Good Luck
texas hedge with you trading

zuke said:
Morning all just got a SHORT 9032, Stop 9079, Limit 8920

Closed out 1/3 of my size (4 lots) at 8987 for +45. Stop moved to break even and remaining 8 lots will run to new target 8905 or b/e (8932)

nearly done just the NOK to go, Cable needs to get back to the 9030 mark to close the US sesh in my book this will then give a good play for tomorrow

dc2000 said:
nearly done just the NOK to go, Cable needs to get back to the 9030 mark to close the US sesh in my book this will then give a good play for tomorrow

It seems like 30 is an achievable target....

I had another scalp today @ the 9003 to 18997 +6

The false breakout nearly had me but sidhu saved me...............................

I hope all of you made some pips....

I am currently @ 40 pips profit for the week...I need to achieve a 100 and I finish my target....

Sometimes it seems easy but .......on days like today.....just makes you take wrong decisions because of frustrations when you trade is stuck in a 10 point range for a couple of hours.

I know their will be a major breakout pretty soon as in tommorow and that should do the business for us all......

I am targetting 400 pips a month and I know that IT is possible on cable.....because I have done it but not with consistency.......at least not with forex.

Hence I am posting my trades on the forum it just give me loads of confidence....wether I win or loose....
Happy Trading all

Trades for tonight
I am just placing an order in for bounce trades:

Order= 1.9030---It is the highest level after 5:00 p.m
Stop= 1.9050----Because of low volatiltiy as everyone waiting for a show stopper tommorow
Limit= 1.9015----As 15 point at at a higher pp is worth a lot of pips

Target is just 15 pips.

If this happens before 12:00 fair enough other will remove the order before TOK open

Happy Trading

Best of luck everybody

Rav :cheesy:

dc2000 said:

Hi Dc,

What sort of Spreads do you get while trading NOK and why GBP\NOK is that because you comfortable with the pair or just cos of volatility..

Thanks

Rav

Fx thoughts...

Cable @ 1.9019/24...Sell on rally or into decline
R: 1.9050 / 1.9077-90 / 1.9111
S: 1.8989 / 1.8953
The Cable hit a high of 1.9077 during the day and slipped sharply thereafter to a low of 1.9005. The pair seems to be finding big Resistance near 1.9070-90, as it has topped out near that in the last five weeks. If those are broken (unlikely), there could be a rally towards 1.9111, which is the statistically projected Max High on the daily. Additionally, there is a big trendline on the weekly, joining the highs of 1.9555 (Dec-04) and 1.9145 (Aug-06) on the Weekly Candles at 1.9111. The current Resistance is at 1.9050.
On the downside the Supports are coming in at 1.8989 and a break below that could trigger a fall towards 1.8953, which is the statistically projected Max low for the day. The pair remains under pressure and shorts can be entered on rallies to 1.9060 with stops above 1.9125.

eyup chaps,

see I didn't miss a great deal then today, I did manage to scalp a huge 12 pips in around 20minutes!

I have had worse days though where I have built up a good lead then let it get back to 12 pips during a whole days trading so I can't complain. Any positive day can't be bad !

While I'm at work and the uncertainty of the true direction of cable I am not happy leaving a position on without screen watching.

Now let's see what setups we may have tomorrow.