London City Meetup III - 25th November

Hi all,

Im afraid Im going to have to drop out of the meet up on the 25th, Im gutted! Hope you have a good one and have a drink or several for me.

Rob

Would love to make it as I have made it for last couple but family commitments - local Victorian evening - have a great time look forward to catching up at next meeting.

Surferking great catch by the way pardon the pun!!!

Hi all,

Im afraid Im going to have to drop out of the meet up on the 25th, Im gutted! Hope you have a good one and have a drink or several for me.

Rob

Hi Rob - It's a real shame that you can't make it. It would have been great to catch up.
If you're ever around Reading give me a ring and we can meet up - I'll do the same if I'm in or around Brum.
All the best
Kevin

You can add me to the maybe list there.
Depends on Friday finishing time for me.

I'll be getting there about 6/6:30. I'm away form the computer tomorrow and Frida day so might not reply much. PM me anyone that wants to swap mobile numbers. See you all there on Friday.

I've always been a 'possible' for this one. Being as my other half is still hell-bent on attending the mum's disco at school it looks like I'll be at home with the kids. Enjoy, and good one Marcus on arranging the guest speaker as 'twere, should be a good night.

Darren, well done for organising this. Sorry I had to leave early. How did the evening progress?

it was another good evening again, with about 9 people in attendance. It finished up earlier this time about 10-10.30. Most people headed home although Marcus was heading to Shoreditch house, I was too hungover from the night before to carry on unfortunately!

Mazzeria was taking notes of all the interesting things that came up and has promised to put them up here!

I'll organise another one for around March when hopefully some more people can make it, this time of year is always difficult for people to make.

And as promised - I am delivering said notes :)

Hi Guys,
Another informative and entertaining meet up :)

Even though many of us weren’t trading Net Trap like we used to – the good thing is that we’re still trading! And there are so many strategies out there, so it’s good to talk about what ones are working or not working – and just to be talking about trading with people who trade :)

Lots of good information flew back and forth – I and was nominated to gather up (what I could remember!) and add it to the thread. Apologies, for the delay – maybe I’m still recovering from the pint of lemonade I had on Friday :)

Recommended strategies to research:
Fratelli – Intraday Trading System
Invictor
Black Dog Forex.com (purchase price approx £250.00 but apparently you get lots of support with it)
Million Dollar Pips (which also comes with an EA)

Recommended Trading Books to Read:
Supertrader – Expanded Edition by Van Tharpe
Trading Chaos by Bill Williams
Highly Profitable Trading by Kathy Lien
Trade like a Samurai by ??
Highly Profitable Trading Strategies by ??
Adventures of a Forex Trader by ??

You can probably download the above books for free on 4share.com or if you PM Steve aka fwloop and ask him nicely with your email address – he might be able to email you a copy (note, I said might!) And he can probably let you know the authors, that I didn’t quite manage to jot down (it WAS a large pint of lemonade so you’ve got to excuse me) :)

Recommended Websites:
www.thechartist.com.au
Nial Fuller | Learn To Trade Forex with Price Action Trading Strategies
Birt's EA review - Forex expert advisor robot reviews and tests (a review site for EA’s – obviously) :)

Recommended Apps:
Trade Interceptor – apparently very good for charts.

Recommended Forum threads:
Orderbook.fx
Fail Better on Forex Factory – a thread by Trader Dante
Swing Price Failure – also a Trader Dante thread (‘It just works!’ quoted from Marcus aka Surferking) :)

Good- to- know info:
Smartlive Markets you can trade indefinitely for 10p p/pip (usually can only do this for a limited time on other platforms). This would make it a good place for testing and trying out new strategies without risking loads of money.

Helpful suggestions:
Adding Bollinger Bands to charts for Gap Trading
The ‘Magic Indicator’ for FXpro charting
(you might have to ask Marcus aka Surferking for more info on the Bollinger Bands theory AND for the magic indicator which he has stated he is happy to share with any one who requests it) :)

Recommended Viewing:
Game of Thrones – a series by HBO. Watch the series or buy the books. In a word – WICKED!! You should be able to see the whole series – and possibly any others that tickle your fancy on Watch TV Online - TV Shows - Series, Episodes, Seasons - SideReel

There were pictures and diagrams too - but artistry isn't my thing so couldn't quite replicate them with the verve and panache of Marcus aka Surferking - I guess you just had to be there :)

Many Thanks for organising the evening Darren - look forward to the next one :)

Maz

Thanks Maz - You're a star. And here here for Darren (or should i say zorro with that new tache of his ;o)), well done with the table. I enjoyed that little pie i had on my way out. i must stay a little longer next time and go the whole hog.

I'll take some time over the coming week and have a good read of the above and try the links etc.

Looking forward to the next one.
All the best
Kevin AKA Quinny

And as promised - I am delivering said notes :)

Hi Guys,
Another informative and entertaining meet up :)

Even though many of us weren’t trading Net Trap like we used to – the good thing is that we’re still trading! And there are so many strategies out there, so it’s good to talk about what ones are working or not working – and just to be talking about trading with people who trade :)

Lots of good information flew back and forth – I and was nominated to gather up (what I could remember!) and add it to the thread. Apologies, for the delay – maybe I’m still recovering from the pint of lemonade I had on Friday :)

Recommended strategies to research:
Fratelli – Intraday Trading System
Invictor
Black Dog Forex.com (purchase price approx £250.00 but apparently you get lots of support with it)
Million Dollar Pips (which also comes with an EA)

Recommended Trading Books to Read:
Supertrader – Expanded Edition by Van Tharpe
Trading Chaos by Bill Williams
Highly Profitable Trading by Kathy Lien
Trade like a Samurai by ??
Highly Profitable Trading Strategies by ??
Adventures of a Forex Trader by ??

You can probably download the above books for free on 4share.com or if you PM Steve aka fwloop and ask him nicely with your email address – he might be able to email you a copy (note, I said might!) And he can probably let you know the authors, that I didn’t quite manage to jot down (it WAS a large pint of lemonade so you’ve got to excuse me) :)

Recommended Websites:
www.thechartist.com.au
Nial Fuller | Learn To Trade Forex with Price Action Trading Strategies
Birt's EA review - Forex expert advisor robot reviews and tests (a review site for EA’s – obviously) :)

Recommended Apps:
Trade Interceptor – apparently very good for charts.

Recommended Forum threads:
Orderbook.fx
Fail Better on Forex Factory – a thread by Trader Dante
Swing Price Failure – also a Trader Dante thread (‘It just works!’ quoted from Marcus aka Surferking) :)

Good- to- know info:
Smartlive Markets you can trade indefinitely for 10p p/pip (usually can only do this for a limited time on other platforms). This would make it a good place for testing and trying out new strategies without risking loads of money.

Helpful suggestions:
Adding Bollinger Bands to charts for Gap Trading
The ‘Magic Indicator’ for FXpro charting
(you might have to ask Marcus aka Surferking for more info on the Bollinger Bands theory AND for the magic indicator which he has stated he is happy to share with any one who requests it) :)

Recommended Viewing:
Game of Thrones – a series by HBO. Watch the series or buy the books. In a word – WICKED!! You should be able to see the whole series – and possibly any others that tickle your fancy on Watch TV Online - TV Shows - Series, Episodes, Seasons - SideReel

There were pictures and diagrams too - but artistry isn't my thing so couldn't quite replicate them with the verve and panache of Marcus aka Surferking - I guess you just had to be there :)

Many Thanks for organising the evening Darren - look forward to the next one :)

Maz

Wow, that is a fantastic right up Maz. I've often thought at these things, I should make notes, as there are great tips which simply get wiped out by the beer. I think you are official note taker from now on

Well done Maz, nice one!

It was good to see everyone, and a reasonably sober event! Well it was when I left! Not sure what happened after that! :p

To update the above here are the missing parts!

Trade like a Samurai by ?? = Samurai Trader - Steve Nison
High Probability Trading Strategies by Robert C Miner
Adventures of a Forex Trader by Rob Booker

and another

Day One Trader - John Sussex

The site above should be 4shared.com

-Steve

Thanks Maz.

Sorry I was working flat out in November and could not make it this time.

M

I'm thinking about organising another London meetup for October after Spin and I finish all the programming stuff we're working on so that anyone that wants it can install it all and then we have have a good chinwag about how it all works and how everyone is trading or has stopped or whatever.

The stuff we've both learnt in the last year from a load of pros, including my new housemate here in Jersey who I'm sure will come, will really open your eyes.

I reckon the Shooting Star again, good beer, pies and mash!

I'll throw Friday 12th October out there to get the ball rolling because we need to book flights from here.

Marcus

Game on! I'll start a new thread shortly...

Might be over on the 7th/8th Sept too to see some BionicOlypmics if you're around?