Currency trading (Sep 25th - 29th)

Where will cable be by the end of this week ?

• Total voters
Priceman said:
eyup chaps,

see I didn't miss a great deal then today, I did manage to scalp a huge 12 pips in around 20minutes!

I have had worse days though where I have built up a good lead then let it get back to 12 pips during a whole days trading so I can't complain. Any positive day can't be bad !

While I'm at work and the uncertainty of the true direction of cable I am not happy leaving a position on without screen watching.

Now let's see what setups we may have tomorrow.

Good thing you were at work mate we were stuck in a 10 point hole for about 3 hours mate......
Tommorow should be a good day mate.. ;)

Spelling errors....................I am tired

So inflationary risks from the UK side and people in the US have concerns too, which side has the strongest fundys to move cable which direction? That's what makes it go up down sideways, up down sideways, so we can always make money guys this is great!

4. Fed's Fisher: Inflation Biggest Risk

A top Federal Reserve official expressed concern Monday about the ongoing risks of inflation, even as he remained confident that price pressures will likely cool over time.

"As I sit at the (Federal Open Market Committee) table, I continue to fret more about inflation than I do about growth," Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas President Richard Fisher said in comments prepared for delivery before a group in Monterrey, Mexico. Despite all the factors that could slow growth "the 'balance of risk,' in my book, is still tilted to the inflation side of the equation," Fisher said.

The official said "the most reliable indicators of inflationary pressure are not yet comforting" and "inflation remains elevated." As such, the current environment "leaves us small choice but to remain vigilant," Fisher said.

Fisher isn't currently a voting member of the interest rate setting Federal Open Market Committee. The group met last week to deliberate on monetary policy and decided to hold rates steady for a second straight gathering, citing moderating economic growth and an expectation elevated inflation trends will cool.

The bank president said he agrees with the FOMC outlook, and noted "the recent tempering of U.S. economic growth to a more sustainable rate" joined with the lagged impact of past Fed rate hikes "should act to to lower the inflation rate over time." He added "if this proves not to be the case, appropriate action will have to be taken."

Fisher warned that if current inflation rates were to be sustained "it would seriously debauch the dollar," and "I don't know a soul on the FOMC who would accept that kind of erosion in the purchasing power of our currency."

Although a good deal of Fisher's speech was fixed on the inflation environment, the central banker was generally upbeat about the economy's current state of affairs, and he said good overseas growth would aid the nation.

Fisher also said "we have a serious correction taking place in the housing sector" with "not insignificant consequences for the economy." Spurred by cheap financing -- he cites a "spigot of liquidity" -- the sector got too far ahead of itself and "the market for residential real estate had to adjust, and it is now doing so." He deemed the situation "hardly unique."

Still, "we are fortunate that the rest of the economy is healthy and robust," Fisher said. He pointed to still ample liquidity in the financial sector, solid corporate balance sheets and good rates of investment. Also, "consumers are getting a shot in the arm from lower gasoline and natural gas prices," Fisher said.

The official also pointed to some signs of tightness in labor markets, saying some of his business contacts now see difficulties in finding different types of specialized labor. "Companies are now voicing the kinds of complaints about labor shortages most often heard in a full employment economy," Fisher said.

Fisher's speech, which was delivered in Spanish, also spent some time on the rising interdependency of the U.S. and Mexican economies, which is largely the result of increased trade. He said the Mexican economy is enjoying greater price stability amid an excellent business environment.

Citing a turbulent political climate of late, Fisher said "Mexico's financial markets have proven remarkably resilient" during this period. But Fisher also offered that Mexico could still do much to improve its education system and to reduce corruption.

Trade for the evening

Just got into the following trade..
Long @1.8999
Stop@ 1.8985
Limit@ 1.9015

My Target=+15

rav700 said:
Just got into the following trade..
Long @1.8999
Stop@ 1.8985
Limit@ 1.9015

My Target=+15

Just gonna go sleep now will wake up for tokyo opening....
I have move my stop to b\e which is just 2 pips in profit......

C u later guys

Short 1,8999

Target 1,8882

Stop 1,9018

one of should be correct rav

Im going for the low to be taken out

Hi Dc,

What sort of Spreads do you get while trading NOK and why GBP\NOK is that because you comfortable with the pair or just cos of volatility..

The norm is 25 pips but it does get wild at news times, I am trying cable signals on the NOK just while cable is in low volatility, I use 1/7 of normal size for cable to trade it.

Morning all: Still in my 9032 Short from yesterday, hence I am:

SHORT 9032, Stop 9032, Target 8905

I am also Short USD/NOK 5170, 12 lots, Stop 5433, Target 4470

laptop1 said:
Short 1,8999

Target 1,8882

Stop 1,9018

how did you trade go mate

laptop1 said:
Short 1,8999

Target 1,8882

Stop 1,9018

how did you trade go mate

Good Morning All,

Well,
I had a bad night......Had an alert at about 1:30 Got in for shorting an order at 22 but seemed hold for 2 long then I just got 1/2 a pip and went to sleep and guess what it fell down 5 mins later..................

At least I hit my target yesterday.....

Today is another day.....
Currently it is attempting the 94 again if it can close above that on a 15 min chart then there is a possibility of it trying to climb up again till we get some good news.....

Currently I have no trades open..........nor any to close
Am waiting for the right opp to be honest......

As they say let the games begin...............

My first order is now in @ 1.8975 stop @1.9000 and first limit order is 1.8965 =+10 pips

First support ie s1=1.8963

I am also waiting to place my 2nd trade but that will be a manual trade

Happy Trading
Rav
:cool:

Failed once will it fail again......
Looking for an entry about now if it fails one more time to break 94 :idea:

rav700 said:
Good Morning All,

Well,
I had a bad night......Had an alert at about 1:30 Got in for shorting an order at 22 but seemed hold for 2 long then I just got 1/2 a pip and went to sleep and guess what it fell down 5 mins later..................

At least I hit my target yesterday.....

Today is another day.....
Currently it is attempting the 94 again if it can close above that on a 15 min chart then there is a possibility of it trying to climb up again till we get some good news.....

Currently I have no trades open..........nor any to close
Am waiting for the right opp to be honest......

As they say let the games begin...............

My first order is now in @ 1.8975 stop @1.9000 and first limit order is 1.8965 =+10 pips

First support ie s1=1.8963

I am also waiting to place my 2nd trade but that will be a manual trade

Happy Trading
Rav
:cool:

Yeahaaaaa +20 pips and another +30..........still rolling no closes yet
As I got in at 1.8994 again ....

I have got both order with a locked in profit of 10 pips each......

Let's just let the trades roll,,,,,,,,,

Happy Trading Everybody
Rav

rav700 said:
Yeahaaaaa +20 pips and another +30..........still rolling no closes yet
As I got in at 1.8994 again ....

I have got both order with a locked in profit of 10 pips each......

Let's just let the trades roll,,,,,,,,,

Happy Trading Everybody
Rav

I have closed both my trade @ 43
ie

Order 1=1.8994 out at 1.8843=+51
Order2 = 1.8975 out at 1.8841=+53

Total Pips made this week so far = 104 for today and +50 for yesterday

So fart my total = +154....I am 54 pips above my aim....As long as I dont have a loss more than 50 pips in the next few days I am spot on......

Happy Trading
Best of luck

Rav

Mrng chaps I see ya all doin well today looks like my cable will close soon at 8921and NOK looks like yet another short down to 2810

dc2000 said:
Mrng chaps I see ya all doin well today looks like my cable will close soon at 8921and NOK looks like yet another short down to 2810

NOK 2810? not sure I understand..are you targeting a 4000 pip drop? :eek: :eek: