Currency trading (Sep 25th - 29th)

Where will cable be by the end of this week ?

• Total voters
Offshore Trader said:
EUR/GBP has been in a 10 point range for a long time now. The breakout should have a big influence on cable

Well as I feared, it's stopped GBP following the other currencies :(

with no major news on the horizon I think I will close cable position soon dont want to wait all day for 20 pips

NOK stopped out on spike

zuke said:
Morning all: Still in my 9032 Short from yesterday, hence I am:

SHORT 9032, Stop 9032, Target 8905

I am also Short USD/NOK 5170, 12 lots, Stop 5433, Target 4470

Cable trade currently +75; Stop out on NOK trade for -263 :eek:

It's never nice to see anyone taking a loss, but it happens, it's acceptable and trading goes on.

Texas

I trade a breakout system which relies on the market making decent moves in the European session. It's now 8 days since we've seen that in cable and looking historically, we should be in for some good straight line moves soon. Do you agree Chow?

zuke said:
Cable trade currently +75; Stop out on NOK trade for -263 :eek:

Dont Worry mate........It can only get better for a class trader like your self....

Best of luck happy trading

Rav

( I am still tired from the whole day of trading yesterday)

Sorry for the spelling mistakes

Last edited:
Offshore Trader said:
I trade a breakout system which relies on the market making decent moves in the European session. It's now 8 days since we've seen that in cable and looking historically, we should be in for some good straight line moves soon. Do you agree Chow?
...would be nice OT. Still can't complain, Sep hit monthly growth goal a few days ago thankfully. Far more breakeven days this month than the norm, 5 since 12th Sep. Better that than losers tho o'course.

The trouble is that I know I have to stick to the system but it requires patience in these trying times and patience and discipline aren't my top qualities. Frustrating when it made 30 points again today only to then stop out at breakeven

...yes another fruitless couple of sessions, but with the limited experience i have so far of live trading, i'm beginning to find myself thinking/feeling as i did when i used to Fish!...a bit tranced out. Totally at odds with colleagues around me trying to 'buzz' all day long on the 'phone, or attempting warp speed typing on their PCs. Patience is one of my stronger points, discipline isn't yet and i have a tendency to 'fiddle'.

Hi chaps

Doesn't look like cable is going to hit target until later tonight, I think we have a few more weeks of this slow stuff on cable

As for the NOK well it just goes to show you can know where its going and still get it wrong ( placing a stop toooo close) never mind I'll get another chance on Thursday and Friday

Hello chaps, I managed to get 10 pips again this morning before going to work! Whoopy doo. I'm such a big shot ;) Still a frustrating day for some of you? Good job I'm at work. I'm glad I can just look in and out and not have to drain all my energy on false moves to end up +20, or worse -20 after a whole day in front of the screen!

Anyway this isn't the real reason for the fall today is it? I can't believe it's not the big players positioning for more, bigger news than consumer confidence!? Anyway good trading to all tomorrow and I hope you get those big straight moves we all need... the no-brainers for 50-100 pips!

Confidence Leads FX Market
Dollar's rebound extends further in US session after better than expected Conference Board Consumer Confidence what increased to 104.5, beating expectation of 102.3. Prior reading was also revised up from 99.6 to above at 100.2. Looking at the sub-indices, expectations for the next six months rose to 89 from 84.4. Optimism about consumers' current situation increased to 127.7 from 123.9. The improvement in confidence seems to be internally consistent.

Earlier today, Euro was pressured after German Ifo business confidence. On the surface, the headline index's fall to 104.9 from 105.0 was mild and better than expected. Current assessment index actually posted an increase to 111.3. However, expectations index fell below 100 for the first time since nov 2005 to 98.9. Higher interest rates and next year's planned VAT increase are considered hurting business confidence. Euro also received additional pressure on cross selling against Sterling and Yen.

I managed to get 10 pips again this morning before going to work! Whoopy doo

mighty oaks from little acorns an all that, as for todays action or lack of it that was just to exit some short positions a close circa 976 should cofirm