Currency trading (Sep 25th - 29th)

Where will cable be by the end of this week ?

• Total voters
Morning,

Usual breakout traps set (8968 long, 8915 short), plus short from 8948, target 8765, sl 9009.

bit late, I know!
made all of 22 pips on cable yesterday. then spent (wasted) rest of day looking for more trades, that never came.
missed optimal SHORT entry of 1.9005, got in at 1.8990. got out for +22.
missed 10-15 on optimal entry, and missed another 10-15 by getting out too early.

Morning guys, all the currencies in narrow ranges so let's hope we get some straight line stuff when it breaks out

ChowClown said:
Morning,

Usual breakout traps set (8968 long, 8915 short), plus short from 8948, target 8765, sl 9009.
915 short BO triggered....initial sl 961.

Please dont ask me why

I feel that cable is going up..............
These might be the 3 most stupid reasons you will eva here from me...........

1.I tend do a little co-relation studies behind indices and When the Dow goes up so does cable generally.

2. I see that cable is more bullish than bearish...specially when they are already talking about intrest cuts on the table for the US ...I know it is a bit to soon , on the other hand over here we are talking about another intrest rate hike which again favours the cable.

3. I listen to analyst-online ie anthony and he says it is on the way up......

Personally Technical indicators do it for me...they show me the way and I go from tunnel to tunnel following the pips.....

Happy Trading
Rav :)

Just as I finished writing my thoughts I got a sell signal on cable.............wow.........

What a discrptency just show cable is to be trade on T.A and not Sentiments....

mrng all

1.8900 and Im in only small whilst waiting for a better price for the short

What happened there?

BoE's Blanchflower sees lower GDP, inflation risks ahead -
Wed, Sep 27 2006 08:16 GMT
http://www.afxnews.com

(Updating to add comments on wage data)
LONDON (AFX) - Bank of England rate setter David Blanchflower painted an altogether softer picture on the outlook for the UK economy, saying that both inflation and growth are likely to come in lower than expected.
"I believe there to be more spare capacity in the economy than in the central projection contained in the August Inflation Report, implying lower output growth and lower inflationary risks down the road and a somewhat lower probability of having to write a letter to the Chancellor," he said in a speech to businessmen in Wales.
BoE governor Mervyn King will be required to write an open letter to the Chancellor of the Exchequer Gordon Brown if the annual rate of CPI inflation goes above 3.0 pct or falls short of 1.0 pct. The central bank is charged with keeping the rate at 2.0 pct.
Blanchflower, who casted the lone vote against the rate hike in August also said that he believes the UK labour market will weaken.
"I also believe we will see a decline in the employment rate and further rise in unemployment going forward because of the current composition of employment growth," he said.
He said the big rises in employment in the the public sector or even from self-employment like that of the past few years are unlikely.
"At present, I see no evidence of any second-round wage effects from the recent oil price increases," he added.
Blanchflower suggested that official data from the Office of National Statistics may be slightly overestimating wage growth because the average earnings index excludes data from workers at the lower-end of the wage distribution scale.
He noted that the ONS calculates the average earnings index using survey data from firms that employ more than 19 people, excluding smaller firms which are frequently non-union and have lower and more flexible wages than those of bigger, unionised workplaces.
Their earnings are likely to be flexible downwards in periods of rising unemployment and reduced work opportunities, he said.
"Hence the AEI and other similar measures tend to overestimate wage growth in the economy when there is slack in the labour market. This makes it more difficult to assess the current level of wage pressure," he said.
[email protected]
ss/jkm/jkm/rar
COPYRIGHT
Copyright AFX News Limited 2005. All rights reserved.
The copying, republication or redistribution of AFX News Content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of AFX News.
AFX News and AFX Financial News Logo are registered trademarks of AFX News Limited
For more information and to contact AFX: www.afxnews.com and
www.afxpress.com

Offshore Trader said:
Stop at breakeven. I hope the figures at 9.30 don't stuff this one up
...can see this pulling back for DC to climb on :cool: that'll have us flat, OT. I'll be re-arming short though if it can get back up to 930-940.

Offshore Trader said:
With all respect to DC, I hope it tanks from here!

You have DC on your side, OT. :)
He is merely looking for a "better price for the short".

ChowClown said:
...can see this pulling back for DC to climb on :cool: that'll have us flat, OT. I'll be re-arming short though if it can get back up to 930-940.

Pin Bar at 8.05am
Failed initial break of Aian range (Midnight to 7am) only to break through later 0n 5 minute charts.
(Am I using wrong time frame for Asian overnight? Should it be Midnight to 8am now?)
Support at 8860? - break that and short?
Double bar high forming on 5min chart - finger ready?
Perhaps I should look at price action more rather than artificial constructs such as overnight ranges where I am uncertain what constitutes the timescale of "overnight Asian range."
More coffee!

Patience is a virtue!

zuke said:
Morning all: Still in my 9032 Short from yesterday, hence I am:

SHORT 9032, Stop 9032, Target 8905

I am also Short USD/NOK 5170, 12 lots, Stop 5433, Target 4470

Well I gt my 8905 for +127..had to wait a while though!