Comments relating to The Expert and his threads

you're a right funny one toastie, you don't need to feel concerned for me in anyway, quite independent of thought i am (unlike you lot in experts grip) you see i worked out long ago a reasonable model and am not in any frustrations as you seem to think, only personal circumstances have dictated what i do or don't do regarding trading, which incidently is none of your business,

Interesting - you have a model under which you feel happy losing money trading. I had more success with a model of learning how to trade and then executing it every day, rain or shine for hours and hours and hours until it clicked.

i respectfully submit you are the one that seems to fail at seeing any worthwhile method. your posting in experts thread prove this to me, you see garbage in, garbage out - ie your flawed methodology in testing ta, and your pronouncements concluding ta doesn't work.

and anyway why are you so concerned as to the experts fate, didn't spoil anything did we eh ;)

No - you didn't spoil anything but you can feel free to make a w@nker of yourself by making unfounded accusations of one of 'your' forums members. I have no association with anyone here, I don't know who T_E is and I don't care to. Perhaps you wanted to join some sort of scam with him but he wouldn't let you ? Is it OK for me to accuse you of that because it seems OK for you to. I'd back off with these back-handed accusations if I were you - it does nothing for your credibility as a mod.

There has been nothing flawed in my methodologies of looking at TA - there is only flaws in your perception of the fact that 'traditional TA' doesn't work. There is plenty of unbiased research and literature on the failings of TA out there if you care to look for it.

The fact is that you can't see that there is an industry out there (of which you are a part) selling crap to would-be traders and that traditional TA is very much a part of it. You can't understand the 'traditional' part of the argument no matter how much it is explained to you.

I would advise you to take Mr Charts course IF you can then follow that up with a lot of hours refining the technique. You will learn that in the very short term buying/selling pressure leads to predictability. This can be used to scalp an entry with a view to holding longer term. Mr C does use TA - just not the crap you get off here or Amazon.com.

Once you get that down, come back here and tell me you don't want to engage in conversation with people about other aspects of trading. This forum doesn't have many active, profitable traders on it, nor does it have much meaningful trading conversation. If you want to take exception to the threads I have been participating on or the fact I don't join a lynch mob - then just ban me. For heavens sake, don't say I'm not making money just because I engage with people on the topic of making money. :rolleyes:

I honestly can't believe a trading forum can't actually find some trades to moderate it.

Can't believe people are still going on about this. TEH SEXPEST (for he is the only true TEH SEXPEST, only willing to help himself to your money, and others, that is the sign of TEH SEXPEST) really did get hs lulz.

Amazing really that anyone gave him 5 minutes.

If it's entertaining, it's entertainment...

Here is my take on matters. You can learn something about how to trade from anyone, whether they be a complete newbie, an experienced and successful trader , a sales person or a scammer. This is because any experience that prompts you to ask questions, to investigate, analyse and try out strategies can trigger your own thought processes which is a pre-requisite to trading successfully. Newbies will not necessarily have developed the right faculties to sort out the wheat from the chaff and, to that extent, more experienced members and/or moderators can provide some form of protection until they develop the right frame of mind, skill set and critical faculties to not be fleeced.

The positive aspects of what TE did were to make people think about what TA meant and whether it had value in helping us trade, whether or not you agreed with his analysis. He thought that he had an edge that was not based in TA. I think he was trying to make the point that the TA that is thrown at newbies, especially in courses advertised to make you a trading millionaire overnight, was very basic, could be found easily on the net and did not achieve the purpose claimed and charged for. In fact I think that TE’s discussion of TA was irrelevant, because I saw nothing in his discourses that I would classify as non-TA. His version of TA was different only in that it was not merely based on MAs, fibs and S/R, but TA it definitely was.

On the public forum I stated my reservations about TE saying that I balked at the thought of referring to someone as “The Expert” if they had not proved their credentials. This is not a proof that I would require of everyone, but I think it was required here because of his claims.

Mention was made of Grey1. Grey1 is sure of his ground and is sometimes criticised by others (recently on TradersLaboratory) because of this. Some of people’s perceptions arise because they do not realise that he is Iranian and may not be aware of some of the nuances of the English language. However he proved himself time and time again to be an expert trader live in front of myself and many others.

Back to TE – I joined his private social group because I wanted to see if he would either hoist himself by his own petard or alternatively to prove his credentials. Although he provoked thought I don’t think he really proved his credentials. He hid behind riddles and evasive answers and, often failed to respond adequately to direct questions, even within the private group. One member of the group tried several times, without much success IMHO, to produce a summary of points learnt to date. I think that given the number of posts and pages even if you could get a clear response from him, it would only boil down to half a page of A4 points.

The alarm bells rang for me when he proposed setting up a charity trading account and suggested that I head it up. I politely declined saying that it would be difficult to set up one with adequate controls that any member could trade.

In reality I did not want any involvement in a leveraged account where several members would fund it and others could trade it. Not only could a member lose all of their initial funding, but could be liable for a large margin call besides. However TE seemed to want to press on regardless, but it would certainly not be with my involvement. To my knowledge only one member expressed an interest.

Anyway when TE was banned and there was clearly going to be an end to the private group and TE’s possibility of proving himself, I decided to edit my posts (because you can within a social group) except for the post where I gave my reservations about the charity account. At the same time I left the private social group.

So after all the ramblings I found TE’s posts entertaining and I think they did generate some different ways of looking at things, but in no way did he prove to me that he deserved to be called “The Expert”.

Charlton

In fact I think that TE’s discussion of TA was irrelevant, because I saw nothing in his discourses that I would classify as non-TA. His version of TA was different only in that it was not merely based on MAs, fibs and S/R, but TA IT DEFINITELY WAS.

Mention was made of Grey1. However he proved himself time and time again to be an expert trader live in front of myself and many others.

I think that given the number of posts and pages even if you could get a clear response from him, it would only boil down to half a page of A4 points.

Great post.

I cut out the pieces that I particularly agree with, and which I have been saying since about day one of his arrival.

Anyone who declares himself to be "THE EXPERT" gets what he deserves. He targeted new traders or those not making money. He stated it many times over and offered nothing of substance, only a supposed "enlightenment" for those desperately seeking it.

I have to admit though I enjoyed a few chuckles at his expense!

Peter

Anyone who declares himself to be "THE EXPERT" gets what he deserves.
It did seem an arrogant title but then he had the acerbic wit to deal with the flak and take anybody on.

He targeted new traders or those not making money.

You mean like Charlton and DT? I expect that they are experienced enough to make money trading. As for myself I make money too, at least to an extent, and although I'm a fairly new member of T2W, I am not a new trader.

He stated it many times over

where exactly? You may be correct but I can't recall where he stated it many times over.

and offered nothing of substance, only a supposed "enlightenment" for those desperately seeking it.

he encouraged everyone to think for themselves and to pay for nothing except trading comission. Granted, he was certainly indirect.

most of us enjoyed more than a few chuckles at everyones expense, including yours.

I joined his group simply to find out what was being said, as a source of information, for his views and those of the other members. I also read Mr Charts threads as a source of ideas and information. In all cases I apply my own weighting as to the usefulness of what I find.

I don't want to defend TE, its just that I find the general attitude of 'lets all stick the boot in' now that he has gone, to be a bit unpleasant.

Kind regards,
R

What I disliked intensely about "The Expert" was simply his odious attitude, and the apparently disagreeable personality that lay behind it. Now of course this may have been an assumed persona strictly for use on 't'interweb, but why on Earth assume such an unpleasant one (assuming it was a choice and not a necessity)? I actually think he is suffering from some form of psychosis - perhaps trading-induced although he didn't show much evidence that he was an active trader. He is not unique, but is perhaps the most extreme recent example of this kind of person.

Even if he could have somehow proved that he could have made me a millionaire by whatever it was he had to teach, I wouldn't have wanted to know because of his attitude.

I happened to agree with certain of the things he was saying about TA, but I loathed the way he was expressing them. I was quite embarrassed when he actually repped one of my posts. (Feature Request: rejected reps from nominated userids). I didn't really want my views to be associated with him in any way. I must admit I must have been completely asleep when I joined this thread (evidently without reading the first few posts) because I didn't even realise at first he was the thread starter (Doh!). If I had, I probably would not have contributed.
[EDIT: Sorry, getting confused again: I am referring here to his "If you want to fail...." thread]

I wanted to start a thread of my own to try to have a sensible and non-emotive discussion about TA, but I didn't want TE poking his nose in and ruining it; he would have brought so much "baggage" that it would have completely outweighed any possibly useful points he might have made. It seemed that the only way to stop him would have been to put him on "ignore" and then mark the new thread non-postable by people on my ignore list, but I was overtaken by events (i.e. his banning). I may still start that thread, but I am now going to wait a good long time before doing so, to let the unpleasantness of this thread have time to blow over.

I do not share the criticism that has been made of Toastie and he and I seem to agree on a lot of aspects regarding TA, although we are coming at it from different places, e.g. I don't claim to have done the exhaustive research that he seems to have done. I respect DT's open-mindedness with respect to TE. I think I see his point. It was always possible that TE really did have something to teach us all, and had it not been for his attitude, I certainly would have listened to him, at least until a point was reached where he was shown to be talking nonsense. But as I say, with the attitude he displayed, I wanted nothing to do with him; if you like I didn't have the patience that perhaps DT has.

Last edited:
Anyone who declares himself to be "THE EXPERT" gets what he deserves.
It did seem an arrogant title but then he had the acerbic wit to deal with the flak and take anybody on.

He targeted new traders or those not making money.

You mean like Charlton and DT? I expect that they are experienced enough to make money trading. As for myself I make money too, at least to an extent, and although I'm a fairly new member of T2W, I am not a new trader.

He stated it many times over

where exactly? You may be correct but I can't recall where he stated it many times over.

========
Here's only 1 example, post #10
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/psychology/88566-if-you-want-fail-trader-study-ta-2.html
and here , Post #20
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/psychology/91074-ta-trading-attitude-eek-3.html

there are more, just search.
Also reread Charlton's post above. I may be wrong but it doesn't appear he was a follower
========

and offered nothing of substance, only a supposed "enlightenment" for those desperately seeking it.

he encouraged everyone to think for themselves and to pay for nothing except trading comission. Granted, he was certainly indirect.

=========
Posts #30 and 81 on this very thread. Read between the lines
========

most of us enjoyed more than a few chuckles at everyones expense, including yours.

========
Most definitely. I have no problem supplying laughs, even at my own expense!
========

I joined his group simply to find out what was being said, as a source of information, for his views and those of the other members. I also read Mr Charts threads as a source of ideas and information. In all cases I apply my own weighting as to the usefulness of what I find.

I don't want to defend TE, its just that I find the general attitude of 'lets all stick the boot in' now that he has gone, to be a bit unpleasant.

=======
Just for the record I have been sticking it to him and called him out several times, not just since he was banned. I don't want to be argumentative with you, we all have our own opinions. I'm just defending my earlier post.
=======

Kind regards,
R

Peter

Interesting - you have a model under which you feel happy losing money trading. I had more success with a model of learning how to trade and then executing it every day, rain or shine for hours and hours and hours until it clicked.

No - you didn't spoil anything but you can feel free to make a w@nker of yourself by making unfounded accusations of one of 'your' forums members. I have no association with anyone here, I don't know who T_E is and I don't care to. Perhaps you wanted to join some sort of scam with him but he wouldn't let you ? Is it OK for me to accuse you of that because it seems OK for you to. I'd back off with these back-handed accusations if I were you - it does nothing for your credibility as a mod.

point of order there, it's not my forum. sure accuse me of what you like, doesn't bother none as i have nothing to hide. and for the record i shall not be backing off from anything, until things are proved otherwise.

There has been nothing flawed in my methodologies of looking at TA - there is only flaws in your perception of the fact that 'traditional TA' doesn't work. There is plenty of unbiased research and literature on the failings of TA out there if you care to look for it.

The fact is that you can't see that there is an industry out there (of which you are a part) selling crap to would-be traders and that traditional TA is very much a part of it. You can't understand the 'traditional' part of the argument no matter how much it is explained to you.

even in the "ta is crap" thread there was plenty of evidence presented, you conveniently ignored that. took pops at the easy targets, but had the bad form to ignore completely by way of quoting the post before and the post after a member that popped up stating he used ta to make a living, just because it didn't suit.

I would advise you to take Mr Charts course IF you can then follow that up with a lot of hours refining the technique. You will learn that in the very short term buying/selling pressure leads to predictability. This can be used to scalp an entry with a view to holding longer term. Mr C does use TA - just not the crap you get off here or Amazon.com.

while i have heard that mr charts course is very good, i will pass on that good advice, you assume far too much and think i haven't worked things out for myself.

Once you get that down, come back here and tell me you don't want to engage in conversation with people about other aspects of trading. This forum doesn't have many active, profitable traders on it, nor does it have much meaningful trading conversation. If you want to take exception to the threads I have been participating on or the fact I don't join a lynch mob - then just ban me. For heavens sake, don't say I'm not making money just because I engage with people on the topic of making money. :rolleyes:

i don't think you quite grasp the concept that a lot of members who frequent t2w may not wish to post on their trading, they may post odd snippets here and there, that you don't know who they are isn't my fault. but for sure more proper trading chat would be good, thinking about it there's probably more trading threads than there has been for a long while too, that you don't find them interesting to participate in, again, isn't my fault.

I honestly can't believe a trading forum can't actually find some trades to moderate it.

well i guess that as i've already taken exceptions to some of your activities in the past, this would prob cause you some angst to attack me in such a fashion, and to say i wasn't a capable mod, just because i'm not up to speed as the others, this is prob at the core of why you don't like me very much, um DILLIGAF :D

May I suggest a line is drawn under this whole sorry event ? The idiot must be chuckling to himself that he is still able to provoke so much controversy from "beyond the grave".
let's make this the last post and close the thread ??

May I suggest a line is drawn under this whole sorry event ? The idiot must be chuckling to himself that he is still able to provoke so much controversy from "beyond the grave".
let's make this the last post and close the thread ??

now it's open only fair to let people have their say i think, leave it a day or so, yes?

LM.............I think you may need help. Seems like you think everyone is involved in a conspiracy theory. If you know something about The Expert & DT then just come out and tell everybody what it is. Right now you're talking in riddles the same way TE did. Are you The Expert? That's it.............isn't it???

Anyway...............since you crushed my hopes of maybe learning something to save me from sending all my money to The Expert, can somebody recommend somebody else on this board who is a successful trader. I'm going to do my own work and come up with my own plan, but I just need some more education to get started. Thanks.

And if you have a foolproof system please tell me right away; I'll send you all my money............unless LM swoops in to protect me. Thanks LM...........my hero !!! :)

well i guess that as i've already taken exceptions to some of your activities in the past, this would prob cause you some angst to attack me in such a fashion, and to say i wasn't a capable mod, just because i'm not up to speed as the others, this is prob at the core of why you don't like me very much, um DILLIGAF :D

LM - I can't even recall you taking exception to anything I did in the past. Interesting that you seem to hold onto these memories longer than me dont you think?

There's no angst here - just that it's obvious you have your panties in a twist over T_E and anyone that dared to join in a conversation on a forum with him. You are upset to the extent of making unfounded accusations about me just because I don't go with the crowd, worry about who likes me or join lynch mobs. Perhaps you think your remit as a mod is to make accusations of members whilst ignoring obvious scammers. Perhaps you also think no-one's going to take exception to you for making an accusation because you are a mod. Now - I don't mind you not liking T_E - but I don't understand why you need to extend that to people that communicated with him and go around making accusations. Did you join the forum when you were 10 ?

You are by your own admission, not yet profitable. As such, you are neither qualified to moderate a trading forum or to judge others on whether they have something to offer or not. Let's face it, we wouldn't ask a plumber to judge advice on fitting windows - but that's effectively what you think you can do. The irony is delightful.

Now - if you want to start a discussion on using traditional TA in absence of all othe factors - give me one market, one piece of TA you think will help in that market and why that piece of TA does what you think it does and I will gladly show you other factors that should be included in your decision making process that will improve the results/keep you out of bad trades. No-one did that yet except me.

BTW - I have had quite a few people from here give me their email address so that I can contact them off the forum - is that enough for you to ban me ? I'd say I've probably gotten personal contact details of at leat 20 members here - perhaps they will come forward and confirm the nefarious activities I got up to after getting their details. You know - like sending them free stuff, writing Tradestation code for them free of charge, helping them to crack TS code they, errr.... 'forgot their password for' etc.

Rathcoole will confirm that I even have his phone number - :-0

.... and a picture of him naked

Last edited:
You are by your own admission, not yet profitable. As such, you are neither qualified to moderate a trading forum or to judge others on whether they have something to offer or not. Let's face it, we wouldn't ask a plumber to judge advice on fitting windows - but that's effectively what you think you can do. The irony is delightful.

That's not really much of an analogy. The one I would prefer, although it's maybe stretching the point a bit, is whether or not you have to have a right foot like David Beckham to be a premier league referee? Of course you bloody don't. The disciplines are totally different. No-one's disputing the fact that a modicum of interest and ability in footie would help, but thats it. What's prized really in referees is an even headed approach, the ability to gain respect and the willingness to swap the kid gloves for the iron fist on occasion, without relishing that prospect.

So I don't presonally have any problem with a mod who isn't a profitable trader. I did slightly take umbrage at the professional internet people that Sharky brought in last year, but that was because they very clearly struggled with the culture of a predominantly UK-centric (in attitude if not totally in demographic) trading related site, and always managed to give the impression, no matter how hard they tried, that they could have been moderating a knitting forum for all they cared about the content.

LM however is a long standing member of this site with a demonstrable interest in trading. I personally couldn't give a stuff whether or not he is profitable in terms of his moderating.

My $0.02

GJ

Last edited:
And if you have a foolproof system please tell me right away; I'll send you all my money............unless LM swoops in to protect me. Thanks LM...........my hero !!! :)

Mac, that doesn't exist...

All you can control is your money management, maybe focus on that...