Comments relating to The Expert and his threads

That's not really much of an analogy. The one I would prefer, although it's maybe stretching the point a bit, is whether or not you have to have a right foot like David Beckham to be a premier league referee?

Gammer IMO you have missed the point, completely. Yes, a referee can penalise David Beckham for breaking the rules of football as long as he penalises other players for similar offences. That is different to the same referee turning up to a training session held by David Beckham and heckling him whenever he tries to give aspirants any playing advice or tips. Then to go further and discredit him and his advice as being a ‘waste of space’ and infer that anyone who listens to it is a fool! What happened to ‘The Expert’ is no different to what happened to SOCRATES and will happen to anyone else who speaks in ways that confuses and infuriates ‘the mob’. The Moderators always apply their ‘talent’ in a way that gets the popular vote... O jealousy! thou magnifier of trifles!:LOL:

Some peope are losing sight of the fact that this is not our forum. It belongs to the owner, the hired help, and to a limited extent, the volunteer mods. It's not our right to tell them what the rules are or how to apply them while we post in their forum. Certainly we can disagree with their decisions but ultimately if we want to play in their sandbox we must abide by their rules.

Why anyone has to even know anything about trading in order to be a moderator is beyond me. Two separate issues. A mod is charged with enforcing the rules of the forum regardless of what is being discussed. As long as the mod know the rules he does not need to know anything about the subjects of discussion.

Peter

Gammer IMO you have missed the point, completely. Yes, a referee can penalise David Beckham for breaking the rules of football as long as he penalises other players for similar offences. That is different to the same referee turning up to a training session held by David Beckham and heckling him whenever he tries to give aspirants any playing advice or tips. Then to go further and discredit him and his advice as being a ‘waste of space’ and infer that anyone who listens to it is a fool! What happened to ‘The Expert’ is no different to what happened to SOCRATES and will happen to anyone else who speaks in ways that confuses and infuriates ‘the mob’. The Moderators always apply their ‘talent’ in a way that gets the popular vote... O jealousy! thou magnifier of trifles!:LOL:
new_trader,
GJ was addressing DT's assertion that moderators ought to be successful traders in order to be appointed to the role and to stand any chance of performing it well. As GJ eloquently points out - this is far from the case. There are numerous other examples besides his referee analogy that one could think of. E.g., is it necessary for admin' staff in a school or uni' to be experienced teachers? Or is it necessary for the support staff in the F1 pits to be experienced and successful racing drivers? In theory, there's no need for moderators to have any experience of trading - be it profitable or unprofitable - to be able to perform the role well. That said, as GJ also pointed out, it clearly helps if they have both an understanding of the markets and the personality of the forum and its members. IMO, all the Mods score 10/10 in this regard. Moreover, suppose the Mods were all successful traders and could demonstrate the fact to everyone's satisfaction; would LM (in this particular case) say, act or perform his duties any differently on the basis that he has a few extra quid in his trading account? I rather doubt it! At best, the idea is absurd.

I'm afraid it is you that has missed the point because your post criticises the way the Mods go about their business. This is fine - I have no issue with that and they can perfectly well stand up for themselves. However, that's an entirely different and completely unrelated point to the one GJ made in his post.
;)
Tim.

new_trader,
GJ was addressing DT's assertion that moderators ought to be successful traders in order to be appointed to the role and to stand any chance of performing it well. As GJ eloquently points out - this is far from the case. There are numerous other examples besides his referee analogy that one could think of. E.g., is it necessary for admin' staff in a school or uni' to be experienced teachers? Or is it necessary for the support staff in the F1 pits to be experienced and successful racing drivers? In theory, there's no need for moderators to have any experience of trading - be it profitable or unprofitable - to be able to perform the role well. That said, as GJ also pointed out, it clearly helps if they have both an understanding of the markets and the personality of the forum and its members. IMO, all the Mods score 10/10 in this regard. Moreover, suppose the Mods were all successful traders and could demonstrate the fact to everyone's satisfaction; would LM (in this particular case) say, act or perform his duties any differently on the basis that he has a few extra quid in his trading account? I rather doubt it! At best, the idea is absurd.

I'm afraid it is you that has missed the point because your post criticises the way the Mods go about their business. This is fine - I have no issue with that and they can perfectly well stand up for themselves. However, that's an entirely different and completely unrelated point to the one GJ made in his post.
;)
Tim.

Tim, perhaps I shouldn't have said 'missed the point' to begin with because I agreed with GJ but with a caveat.

TEH SEXPEST (you must first know yourself, and others, before you can know TEH SEXPEST, TEH SEXPEST has taken the time to discover his discoveries, that is why he is TEH SEXPEST:smart:) was either out for lulz or to get people to sign up for instruction. Surely that is obvious?

So why the fuss over his ban?

That's not really much of an analogy. The one I would prefer, although it's maybe stretching the point a bit, is whether or not you have to have a right foot like David Beckham to be a premier league referee?

In your analogy - the referee knows the rules & how the game is played.

In this case, LM clearly doesn't know the rules or how the game is played and therefore makes a poor ref :smart:

Right - that's 1-0 to me - care to take another shot ? I'm standing in the goalmouth picking my nose here - there's only one of me but a bunch of you - I am sure you can get a few lucky shots in soon, just through sheer numbers.

Last edited:
Have you seen my ex-wife ????

Nowhere near as cute as my girlfriend.

You are more than welcome - but you have to take on the payments too...

No, I meant Mrs Fish, she's the only one I know (and the only one I have naked photos with)

But your posts seem a little slurred - were you in the pub tonight ? :whistling

No, I meant Mrs Fish, she's the only one I know (and the only one I have naked photos with)

But your posts seem a little slurred - were you in the pub tonight ? :whistling

Yup - a quiet dinner out on my own completely ruined by a couple of hundred ruffians. Don't you guys know that's MY pub ?

Tell you what - you arrange a date between me & those 2 gals from tonight - the tall one & the one in the stripy top & I am sure something can be arranged with Mrs Fish.

Rathcoole will confirm that I even have his phone number - :-0

.... and a picture of him naked

Well I was going to ask when the next Thailand social would be held, but have changed my mind now. I had thought that you guys just went out for drinks and the occasional beer bar to discuss trading. Anyways, if there are any straight traders in Thailand, let me know and maybe we can meet up for a few drinks.

Just heard from the one and only The Expert via e-mail. Turns out he knew he'd be banned and actually did it on purpose. Said he had Charlton all figured out by his e-mails in the US Daytraders private social forum, and Charlton has again, by his own stupidity, blown any chance he had to really learn how to read the markets correctly. :) :) :)

Just heard from the one and only The Expert via e-mail. Turns out he knew he'd be banned and actually did it on purpose. Said he had Charlton all figured out by his e-mails in the US Daytraders private social forum, and Charlton has again, by his own stupidity, blown any chance he had to really learn how to read the markets correctly. :) :) :)

So in TE's absence you are winding up the thread for him ?

How can you believe even a single word from him ???

Peter

perhaps Professor Hawking is correct about Human not engaging with Aliens..

Any self-respecting Alien who saw the amount of attention and adoration a w@nk@ like teh sexpert can engender would pyss itself laughing.....

(fluorescent green pyss capable of burning holes in metal I assume)