Brexit and the Consequences

Great interview this morning on BBC Radio 4'd Today program with Yanis Varoufakis about the EU's handling of the corona crisis. Warning: barjon, Atilla et al - do NOT listen to this - it could ruin your day! ;-)
For everyone else - enjoy. The interview kicks off at 41.30' minutes into the program . . .

Last edited:
Great interview this morning on BBC Radio 4'd Today program with Yanis Varoufakis about the EU's handling of the corona crisis. Warning: barjon, Atilla et al - do NOT listen to this - it could ruin your day! ;-)
For everyone else - enjoy. The interview kicks off at 41.30' minutes into the program . . .

Yawn yawn yawn.

Germany benefits from EU and thus should bail out the Greeks the Italian, the Portugueese and the Spanish. Germany should bail out all the corrupt, underpaying and overspending national states.

FGS Timsk, You being a Brexiteer and all that tosh, I'd imagine you lot would be the first to cry out this numpty is talking loads b0ll0x.

Instead being a typical equally numpty brexiteers jumping on some opportune mouth piece talking down the EU. No change there.

Let me know when Brexiteers deliver anything tangible to brag about.

As before EU does have a fiscal policy issue and that is one where local (national) governments can't be trusted with fiscal responsibility.

As well as having an EU wide currency and central bank a central fiscal policy controls need to be introduced.

However, I'm sure Brexiteers will oppose anything as such because they'll trumpet loss of national sovereignty on how to eff up their own economies.

Go figure. :devilish:

Last edited:
They should have signed my petition at the time. 😤

The EU project is over. What a fkuc up :poop:

Brexit -that vaguely rings a bell - can someone remind me what it was all about?!
;-)

If they do everything wisely, then there will be no particular consequences.
True...but why should "they" suddenly start doing anything wisely as this would require a gigantic behavioural change.

It's a bit like Boris' speech the other day when he asked people to "be sensible"; people who are already sensible understand what that means but the vast majority who aren't, didn't and don't have a clue what he was talking about - including, arguably, himself, which brings us neatly back to Brexit.

Funny thing . . . . . . . . . . I'm sure I remember the Remainers saying the opposite to this . . . . . . . .

nissan.png

Funny thing . . . . . . . . . . I'm sure I remember the Remainers saying the opposite to this . . . . . . . .

View attachment 280663

That news headline is misleading and technically is not correct.

The Barcelona factory has been operating since the 1980s. It builds pickups and vans.

Nissan plans to relocate production of the Navara pickup to South Africa, while a replacement for the e-NV200 van would be built at Renault's plant in Maubeuge, France, according to reports.

It will maintain it's plant in UK and try to improve productivity. The SHIFT is to SA and France not the UK.

I reckon move to France is a bad idea with their elaborate labour laws and high cost of production compared to elsewhere. However, Nissan is owned by Renault effectively so one can imagine why that shift is going to SA and France and not another low cost wage country.

Nissan European HQ moving to Sunderland

Sunderland 1 - 0 Barcelona

Other than Daily trash can you put up couple of reputable sources plz.

Googled Nissan HQ and nothing that says it's moving to Sunderland.

FGS, SC after all your verbals about MSM and fake news if Daily Trash is your idea of dependable news outlet, you have a big wake up call waiting for you.

Exemplifies how desperately Brexiteers want to believe in their hyped up BS.