Brexit and the Consequences

Sorry remoaner, didn't quite catch that, did you just say that Brexit will be bad for Britain? Nah, you're in the wrong camp mate.

The remoaners were right BREXIT has killed the economy the ftse is plunging there are medical emergencies that we cant cope with. Everything they said would happen has happened.
Europe take us back please! :LOL:
See, it turned out to be contagious after all!

1584716287990.png

According to the Remain doom mongers the EU freedom of movement system was supposed to prevent this – and it was only going to happen in Kent, on the approach to Dover! Interesting how it's turned out.

Seems like every country in the EU is throwing its own response at the virus. So much for European unity.

If I was a Eurocrat, I'd be privately so relieved that the member states are going their own ways - takes all the blame off Brussels.

The EU have been co-ordinating the response and members states have been taking their actions within that framework.

Seems like every country in the EU is throwing its own response at the virus. So much for European unity.

If I was a Eurocrat, I'd be privately so relieved that the member states are going their own ways - takes all the blame off Brussels.

How long do you think it will take before all those member countries turn on the EU?
Answer....not very long at all.

The EU have been co-ordinating the response and members states have been taking their actions within that framework.

It doesn't seem that way. The EU seem to have been simply commenting on independently organised national responses after the event, rather than directing moves in accordance with any EU-wide plan.

I know you’d just love to believe that as well :)
I was just getting used to this as your new signature and then I realised it was a trick of the light and you didn't have one. Serendipity...it's quite apposite though. It's not as if you don't have room at the bottom of your not terribly lengthy posts:p

Just curious here.

Having made the mistake of reading through some of the more recent posts on this thread:

Is the current fiasco that is still unfolding in the UK because we are -

a) as yet still in the EU
b) because we are about to leave the EU
c) because we are about to leave the EU and it's not happening fast enough

...furthermore, in view of the timescale that it has taken to construct the EU and the UK's relationship (40+ years) how long will it take before we see durable effects as a result of the UK's departure and the ramifications of such:

1) A few months
2) a few years
3) a few decades

...and because I'm on a roll (Swiss of course... non-EU) do we expect that the impending ex or im-plosion of the EU will have:

x) No negative effects on the UK
y) No effect at all
z) Will be the best thing since choccy biccies

Extra marks will be given for correct spelling.

None of the above.

y) No effect at all
None of the above

1) A few months
2) a few years
3) a few decades
Three mi lord, three decades should see us back in.

:geek:

Assuming they'll let us back in of course...

Hi cant' - answers in red.
Is the current fiasco that is still unfolding in the UK because we are -

d) what current fiasco?

...furthermore, in view of the timescale that it has taken to construct the EU and the UK's relationship (40+ years) how long will it take before we see durable effects as a result of the UK's departure and the ramifications of such:

1) A few months
2) a few years
3) a few decades
4) Now - we're already enjoying them! Clearly, the EU is falling apart at the seams. Evidence? Look at their response (or lack of it) to Covid 19 and their attempts to agree future budget contributions.

...and because I'm on a roll (Swiss of course... non-EU) do we expect that the impending ex or im-plosion of the EU will have:

w) Given the option, would you rather get off the Titanic before it hit the iceberg when no one else wants to leave or after it hits it when everyone wants to leave?
y) No effect at all

Extra marks will be given for correct spelling.

Hi cant' - answers in red.
Tut, tut, Tim. Here you go again with belief without evidence or assumed evidence. “Clearly, the EU is falling apart at the seams. Evidence? Look at their response (or lack of it) to Covid 19”.
Unlike ourselves who initially adopted the “herd immunity” approach other EU countries adopted the EU co-ordinated approach which we have now come to a bit belatedly. The EU also have a centrally co-ordinated effort to obtain essential and protective equipment and medical supplies - ventilators, masks etc etc. We were invited to join but refused.

Whilst I respect your so far un-evidenced view that we will be better off out of the EU I do think you should be a tad more open minded about what goes on in there.

Last edited: