Brexit and the Consequences

You believe whatever you want SC. You ignore risks at your own peril. My Brexit argument was always based on economic wellbeing and national interest measured in monetary terms, happiness, freedom and good standards.

I'm happy with the economic risks of leaving the EU, they have proved to be overstated and predictions have been false.

And as we all know, leaving the EU was about being an independent nation, not beholden to a supranational power that we cannot get rid of, at least we can change our politicians every 5 years if we don't like them.

I do not support the Labour party although do like some of their policies. I think you are falling over your self declaring the Labour party the most racist in the country.

Not at all, just stating a fact.

Loose comment or delusion difficult to tell with you? :unsure:

I hope the above clears up your confusion 😝

Bit shocked and stunned you guys turning this race into a party political broadcast and off-loading on Labour.

What's Labour got to do with it FGS???

You can't see the wood for the trees, every left whinger, just the same :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I watched one of Boris's speeches on youtube the other week which gave some insight into his education, world view and possible course for the UK after Brexit. This material was posted before he went back in to parliament. Interesting stuff. He might just be the right bloke for the top job after all.
Will see if I can find it.

Last edited:
Just listened to a pathetic excuse from the UK for not importing chlorinated chicken into the UK as part of a trade deal with the US. To paraphrase: 'It is not the fact that chickens are chlorinated but the welfare of the chickens leading up to the chlorination'!

Huh, explain that further in the context of Halal/Kosher allowed in UK law? An exception granted to religious groups in UK law to allow non-stunned slaughter in the case of Halal, or pre-stunned for Kosher, so Kosher is acceptable as long as the animal is pre-stunned, but under no circumstances can meat be certified as Halal unless the animal is slaughtered fully conscious.

The UK hypocrisy is disgusting

Just listened to a pathetic excuse from the UK for not importing chlorinated chicken into the UK as part of a trade deal with the US. To paraphrase: 'It is not the fact that chickens are chlorinated but the welfare of the chickens leading up to the chlorination'!

Huh, explain that further in the context of Halal/Kosher allowed in UK law? An exception granted to religious groups in UK law to allow non-stunned slaughter in the case of Halal, or pre-stunned for Kosher, so Kosher is acceptable as long as the animal is pre-stunned, but under no circumstances can meat be certified as Halal unless the animal is slaughtered fully conscious.

The UK hypocrisy is disgusting

Another perfect example where minority interests are pandered to which detrimentally affects the silent, mostly ignorant majority.

I'm pretty sure the ban on chlorinated chicken importation is a protectionist measure for EU poultry farmers who have been obliged to invest in more difficult and more expensive hygiene measures. There doesn't seem to be an overwhelming public health case against chlorinated washes.

I think you guys a missing the point because you are so gun ho anti EU.

1st point - 95% of all antibiotics given to healthy animals just incase they catch a bug. Not because they are ill. Also, it allows for their maintenance and breeding in foul environments.

2nd point - dipping them chlorine is to enable farmers to grow chickens in sub-standard unhygenic conditions knowing any bugs they pick up will be chlorinated.

Think about it...

1st point - 95% of all antibiotics given to healthy animals just incase they catch a bug. Not because they are ill. Also, it allows for their maintenance and breeding in foul environments.

2nd point - dipping them chlorine is to enable farmers to grow chickens in sub-standard unhygenic conditions knowing any bugs they pick up will be chlorinated.

Think about it...

Not happy with the administering of antibiotics to healthy animals but how can washing bugs off meat be a cause for concern to the consumer?

How is it OK that we 'wash' our salad leaves with chlorinated water, but people are balking at the idea of 'washing' chicken? Every time you go swimming at the pool you wash yourself with chlorinated water with no ill effects!

Think about it...

1st point- because our food animals are routinely given antibiotics which are in turn consumed by humans, the antibiotics lose their effectiveness when trying to treat us when we really need them to work.

2nd point- nobody but the pro EU agenda driven MSM gives a toss about chlorinated chicken.

Go figure.

How is it OK that we 'wash' our salad leaves with chlorinated water, but people are balking at the idea of 'washing' chicken? Every time you go swimming at the pool you wash yourself with chlorinated water with no ill effects!
Heck, even tap water's chlorinated! 🤫

Well I'm glad you are now getting your heads around good standards in breeding animals.

See how you guys feel about US food standards after this clip.

The burning question: will Att be spending the new 50p or will he be following the lead of the anti-Brexit hero Lord Adonis and throwing them away (I'm guessing Lord Adonis is a millionaire and can therefore afford to throw cash away)?

Last edited:
The burning question: will Att be spending the new 50p or will he be following the lead of the anti-Brexit hero Lord Adonis and throwing them away (I'm guessing Lord Adonis is a millionaire and can therefore afford to throw cash away)?

I remember a colleague telling me she had sat next to Lord Adonis at some presentation event. She seriously said he wasn't anything like as good looking as she had expected............

After we leave the EU, most economists think the economy's growth will slow down a bit for a few years, maybe even get a little smaller. After that they don't know. Almost no economists think Brexit will cause a UK recession. So nobody gets rich, nobody goes broke.

But the UK gets a lot more rights. We can do exactly what we would have done if still in the EU but if we do, it will be by democratic process in London, not by EU Directive from Brussels. And the UK will not be subsumed slice by slice into the US of E. Hard to put a price on that.