Brexit and the Consequences

. . .And sod all to do with racism. . .
I've been trying to get my head around this of late as it's only fairly recently come into my obit to fill the vacuum left by all things brexit related!

I watched three YouTube videos yesterday (work on the fence suspended due to inclement weather) - all clips from breakfast TV - in which guests - all 'women of colour' - made the accusation that the press had been racist in their treatment of Megan and that Britain as a whole is a racist country. The thing is, save for one unfortunate Tweet by Danny Baker, (the exception that proves the rule?), none of them could produce any examples or explain why/how the press were being racist. The guest in the video above - Dr Shola Mos-Shogbamimu - tries to get around the problem by saying: "It's not the job of black people and ethnic minorities to educate white people on racism that's perpetrated by white people." IMO, that just isn't good enough; at best it's a lame excuse to curtail criticism of anyone of colour and, at worst, it goes a fair way down the road of shutting down free speech.
Tim.

Yeah, racism is an easy card to play to deflect from legitimate criticism etc. On the other hand, if you are racist unless you pay peoples’ ethnicity no more regard than, say, the colour of their eyes then we‘re probably all guilty, whether we are white, black or whatever.

That the media and others should draw attention to Meghan’s “mixed race” would be considered racist by that definition.

The problem for the Left and others who can't get majority support is that they have to find another way of pursuing their agenda. Racism is just another one of their tools that can be weaponised and legitimised at the expense of those who have a genuine grievance. Harry & Megan's case is nothing to do with racism: they are just a pair of spoilt brats who've been given everything they asked for but are still not satisfied.

Last edited:
The problem for the Left and others who can't get majority support is that they have to find another way of pursuing their agenda. Racism is just another one of their tools that can be weaponised and legitimised at the expensee of those who have a genuine grievance. Harry & Megan's case is nothing to do with racism: they are just a pair of spoilt brats who've been given everything they asked for but are still not satisfied.

I so love this. Its everything I was going to say.

I've been trying to get my head around this of late as it's only fairly recently come into my obit to fill the vacuum left by all things brexit related!

I watched three YouTube videos yesterday (work on the fence suspended due to inclement weather) - all clips from breakfast TV - in which guests - all 'women of colour' - made the accusation that the press had been racist in their treatment of Megan and that Britain as a whole is a racist country. The thing is, save for one unfortunate Tweet by Danny Baker, (the exception that proves the rule?), none of them could produce any examples or explain why/how the press were being racist. The guest in the video above - Dr Shola Mos-Shogbamimu - tries to get around the problem by saying: "It's not the job of black people and ethnic minorities to educate white people on racism that's perpetrated by white people." IMO, that just isn't good enough; at best it's a lame excuse to curtail criticism of anyone of colour and, at worst, it goes a fair way down the road of shutting down free speech.
Tim.

Candice Owens (us congress) touches on this quite well. (FF to 2.30)

Bit shocked and stunned you guys turning this race into a party political broadcast and off-loading on Labour.

What's Labour got to do with it FGS???

Just simply pointing out in our day and age, race seems to be becoming just another rising issue. Whether in football, party politics or Brexit.

Not saying all those who voted Brexit are racists. Not saying Labour supporters are racists. All shades in all parties.

Simply that if one can perhaps take a simple metric like how many times the word race is mentioned on the www I'd hazard a guess it has risen in the last 10 years.

Given our European history, we should just be aware of such forces.

I would also imagine there are similar people like Harry and Meghan who do not wish to play the race card despite being hurt by all the jibberish that's said & written about them.

FWIW IMHO - I do feel Brexit has raised race relations to a new level and people are less comfortable being in Britain about how they are perceived and treated. Instead of looking at policies and political processes, individuals at a personal level look at each other through a new lens. Some of my Polish colleagues are talking about moving back to Poland.

This shift has already started. European migration is down but migration from rest of the World & in particular Commonwealth continues.

Bit shocked and stunned you guys turning this race into a party political broadcast and off-loading on Labour.

Just simply pointing out in our day and age, race seems to be becoming just another rising issue. Whether in football, party politics or Brexit.

Not saying all those who voted Brexit are racists. Not saying Labour supporters are racists. All shades in all parties.

Simply that if one can perhaps take a simple metric like how many times the word race is mentioned on the www I'd hazard a guess it has risen in the last 10 years.

I would also imagine there are similar people like Harry and Meghan who do not wish to play the race card despite being hurt by all the jibberish that's said & written about them.

FWIW IMHO - I do feel Brexit has raised race relations to a new level and people are less comfortable being in Britain about how they are perceived and treated. Instead of looking at policies and political processes, individuals at a personal level look at each other through a new lens. Some of my Polish colleagues are talking about moving back to Poland.

This shift has already started. European migration is down but migration from rest of the World & in particular Commonwealth continues.

Err hang on a min squire. You brought it up not anyone else. :ROFLMAO:

Err hang on a min squire. You brought it up not anyone else. :ROFLMAO:

I'm surprised about the responses turning it into a political issue about Labour point scoring.

The issue whether racism has contributed to Brexit or vice-er-versa stands as a topic of debate. Difficult to know which way the cause and effect is.

Simply that race is becoming more of an elevated subject matter at all levels; from the common man to the aristocratic couple mentioned. And of course in sport.

Are your Polish colleagues talking of moving back to Poland because of race or for some other reason? If it is because of race, then that is troubling.

Are your Polish colleagues talking of moving back to Poland because of race or for some other reason? If it is because of race, then that is troubling.

They said they felt looked down upon when they let people know they are from Poland. No matter how hard they work promotion is not easy for them to gain and they see it going elsewhere to English bods who they say do less work and get paid more. They say most of their money goes on rent and living expenses.

You might say they are just blaming their ethnicity for their failings but I tend to agree with them. I can say some English workers don't bother turning up for work when they look at their job sheet if the work is not to their liking ie fix a blocked toilet. So management instead of sacking the lazy sausages calling sickies, instead do not publish tje work schedule until everyone has turned up to work and then share it out. Clever work around you might say. Instead of dealing with poor personnel sidestep the issue. No prizes for guessing who gets to do the dirty work.

Little issues like that play on workers mind. After a while it sticks in your throat.

Petty stuff or just plain old racism you judge.

Last edited:
The problem for the Left and others who can't get majority support is that they have to find another way of pursuing their agenda. Racism is just another one of their tools that can be weaponised and legitimised at the expense of those who have a genuine grievance. Harry & Megan's case is nothing to do with racism: they are just a pair of spoilt brats who've been given everything they asked for but are still not satisfied.

The Mail on Sunday has argued there is a "huge and legitimate public interest" in the Royal Family and its "personal and family relationships", as it published its defence to a legal claim made by the Duchess of Sussex.

You've probably seen the BBC repeating this blurb about what is in the national public interest or not? I suppose based on the spoiled brats reply you agree with the Mail on Sunday.

I see no public interest in sharing a private letter between Meghan and her dad.

That's not freedom of speech. That is breach of privacy and theft imo. The law is owned and the Queen doesn't seem to think it matters much and reluctant to exercise any influence.

Bleeding spoilt brats should know they are owned, just shut up if they want to continue taking tax payers money or sod off.

Thus, it seems they've chosen the latter path.

The Mail on Sunday has argued there is a "huge and legitimate public interest" in the Royal Family and its "personal and family relationships", as it published its defence to a legal claim made by the Duchess of Sussex.

You've probably seen the BBC repeating this blurb about what is in the national public interest or not? I suppose based on the spoiled brats reply you agree with the Mail on Sunday.

I see no public interest in sharing a private letter between Meghan and her dad.

That's not freedom of speech. That is breach of privacy and theft imo. The law is owned and the Queen doesn't seem to think it matters much and reluctant to exercise any influence.

Bleeding spoilt brats should know they are owned, just shut up if they want to continue taking tax payers money or sod off.

Thus, it seems they've chosen the latter path.
Whatever the BBC or the Mail on Sunday say (I try to avoid both these days) has nothing to do with my opinion that Harry & Megan are "spoiled brats" and you are being presumptuous in your inferences about me. I also happen to think that a private letter between daughter and father is just that, and nobody else's business without their consent - why you should raise that in connection with me I've no idea!

Shouldn't "the brats" have considered very carefully their future before using loads of public money for their beneficial interest? And shouldn't they cease their public hypocritical preaching about the abuse of the world's resources ? Unfortunately, they are only too typical of many today who want privilege without responsibility and are very good at telling the rest of us what we should be doing. It doesn't work like that.

Last edited:
They said they felt looked down upon when they let people know they are from Poland. No matter how hard they work promotion is not easy for them to gain and they see it going elsewhere to English bods who they say do less work and get paid more. They say most of their money goes on rent and living expenses.

You might say they are just blaming their ethnicity for their failings but I tend to agree with them. I can say some English workers don't bother turning up for work when they look at their job sheet if the work is not to their liking ie fix a blocked toilet. So management instead of sacking the lazy sausages calling sickies, instead do not publish tje work schedule until everyone has turned up to work and then share it out. Clever work around you might say. Instead of dealing with poor personnel sidestep the issue. No prizes for guessing who gets to do the dirty work.

Little issues like that play on workers mind. After a while it sticks in your throat.

Petty stuff or just plain old racism you judge.

I agree with your viewpoint, we have laws that cover these scenarios, however I understand the difficulties in taking an employer to tribunal, especially if you are from a foreign country taking the host country's employers to a court is fraught with anxiety even if you are a native.

I've come across a couple of businesses in the UK where almost the entire workforce is foreign, I'm not sure if that is racism also, I guess so, or maybe the employer was fair and employed people on merit rather than race, I don't know.

It is dog eat dog in the workplace without bringing race into the equation, unfair practices abound and have done before Brexit became an issue, has it got worse since Brexit? Difficult to judge (for me).

But as you are a remoaner, we all know where you are coming from ie 'Brexiteers are racist', this has been stated many, many times by many, many remoaners since the Brexit referendum and is still being spouted by Labour leadership hopefuls such as Clive Lewis (no longer a contender). And I am sure will be used time and again as slurs against those who voted for Brexit.

And as Labour are THE most racist party in Britain, then why not choose them as the prime example of how not to conduct oneself in the context of racism, after all if any of their MPs are taken to court for prosecution they will be in the headlines for days.

Why not call out where racism is most prominent at the moment? Football - yes, but football fans have always been racist, I think football has less racism in it than 20-30 years ago, politics - yes, and Labour are the prime example of this, Brexit - no, provide some examples that we can all look at that suggests people who voted for Brexit are racist, or that racism is on the increase as a result of Brexit, then we can have a sensible conversation about Brexit and racism.

But as you are a remoaner, we all know where you are coming from ie 'Brexiteers are racist', this has been stated many, many times by many, many remoaners since the Brexit referendum and is still being spouted by Labour leadership hopefuls such as Clive Lewis (no longer a contender). And I am sure will be used time and again as slurs against those who voted for Brexit.

And as Labour are THE most racist party in Britain, then why not choose them as the prime example of how not to conduct oneself in the context of racism, after all if any of their MPs are taken to court for prosecution they will be in the headlines for days.

Why not call out where racism is most prominent at the moment? Football - yes, but football fans have always been racist, I think football has less racism in it than 20-30 years ago, politics - yes, and Labour are the prime example of this, Brexit - no, provide some examples that we can all look at that suggests people who voted for Brexit are racist, or that racism is on the increase as a result of Brexit, then we can have a sensible conversation about Brexit and racism.

You believe whatever you want SC. You ignore risks at your own peril. My Brexit argument was always based on economic wellbeing and national interest measured in monetary terms, happiness, freedom and good standards.

I do not support the Labour party although do like some of their policies. I think you are falling over your self declaring the Labour party the most racist in the country.

Loose comment or delusion difficult to tell with you? :unsure: