Brexit and the Consequences

Boris is a married man but Carrie is/was his lover.

He really should answer questions, being a very public person.
Looks like Trump and does like Trump ???????????

I don't think anyone really cares, all the Tory party need to be interested in is Brexit by the 31st Oct, anything else is fluff. If it doesn't happen then parliament will be kaput regardless who is PM by then.

Parliament has a crisis looming and all the media is concerned with is Boris's private life, which is politically motivated. I couldn't care less whether all or nothing is revealed, the focus should be on what happens on the 31 October.

Interesting watching the political prog today, all remainers are still in denial, almost as if they have no idea what will happen to their jobs at the next GE :D

What are the questions?
Well if he hurts his own wife by having a mistress,
can he be trusted to care about Britain or is he just playing fast and loose for his own benefits ?
He has changed his mind over Brexit seeing in advance who was going to win.
Didn't support his leader hardly at all leaving a clear run to be PM.
I don't know his views on attacking Iran on behalf of the US. Now that's important imho.
Are we going to be their attack dog in the coming conflict ?

Boris is a clown.........but a dangerous and highly intelligent one

sure perhaps book him as the next bond villain ........but lets not give him the keys to number 10 ....please

the conservatives must not sell out for a popularist leader who is a law unto themselves.......

hunt has never ever impressed me much .....but he is coming out of his shell and has detail behind all his strategies to boot.....

boring - but best of a bad lot....we need a grown up as PM .....not an adolescent teenager

book boris for the xmas party........but i would also keep him out of the cabinet as well .....he will wreck it

N

Last edited:
Well if he hurts his own wife by having a mistress,
can he be trusted to care about Britain or is he just playing fast and loose for his own benefits ?
He has changed his mind over Brexit seeing in advance who was going to win.
Didn't support his leader hardly at all leaving a clear run to be PM.
I don't know his views on attacking Iran on behalf of the US. Now that's important imho.
Are we going to be their attack dog in the coming conflict ?

agreed ..........hes not got the depth we need from a leader....he vasilates and bores extremely easily and never knuckles down to anything......he sits on fences until he picks sides (brexit)...and computes everything for own benefit ....not a self sacrificial bone in his body .......0/10

These days the worst candidates seem to triumph !
Whether they lie repeatedly. fornicate to excess etc. doesn't seem to matter.
Perhaps the people in Western countries are tired of the old pattern where
nothing much gets done.

The Brexiteers don't seem to realize that Brexit will definitely ruin many businesses here in Britain and also in the EU.
It may well contribute to the collapse of the EU by the UK's withdrawal and not paying in the billions needed to support the losers in the EU.
I'm sure we're all old enough to remember the scare stories around the 'Millennium bug' and yet no airplanes fell out of the sky, no lifts stopped working, no satnavs went screwy and no nuclear missiles / power stations blew up. The media rely on scare tactics to gain readers / viewers in order to sell advertising.
Change is an opportunity to make money in a different way. Companies not willing to adapt will not survive long in a static market let alone a changing one. Brexit is another way of sorting the economic wheat from the chaff.

These days the worst candidates seem to triumph !
Whether they lie repeatedly. fornicate to excess etc. doesn't seem to matter.
Perhaps the people in Western countries are tired of the old pattern where
nothing much gets done.

well at least its all not compulsory ....yet ? :)

I'm sure we're all old enough to remember the scare stories around the 'Millennium bug' and yet no airplanes fell out of the sky, no lifts stopped working, no satnavs went screwy and no nuclear missiles / power stations blew up. The media rely on scare tactics to gain readers / viewers in order to sell advertising.
Change is an opportunity to make money in a different way. Companies not willing to adapt will not survive long in a static market let alone a changing one. Brexit is another way of sorting the economic wheat from the chaff.

The millenium bug was a technology lead crisis.......mechanisms and computers were either going to work or not work ....and the IT teams had backup plans if something failed...(replace / upgrade / retire)

now show me absolutely anything that the "NO Deal" leavers have as a plan that tells us what to do on any subject or area ......once we crash out on 31st October .................anything at all ?

aside from waving flags and playing the national anthem as we are all so Free and proud suddenly ?....and perhaps a few rerun war films on channel 4 ......like the great escape and the wild geese..........and of course chariots of fire !

god help our businesses if we fall out .......aside from an exchange rate that will be eye popping nothing else will help exporters at all.......and as for imports ....we may as well store up the rations now ?

N

Well they kept that quiet.

Gatt 24: Would obscure trade rule help with no-deal Brexit? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47216870

The problem is we are going to walk out of the divorce without agreement and apparently (Boris?) without paying ......all bets are off ......we will be the scourge of global business and economics for having reneged on such an agreement

I will be locking up my house just in case the europeans "send the boys round" ...... :)

hahahahaha..........just imagine the royal family getting Buckingham palace reposessed ......

The millenium bug was a technology lead crisis.......mechanisms and computers were either going to work or not work ....and the IT teams had backup plans if something failed...(replace / upgrade / retire)

now show me absolutely anything that the "NO Deal" leavers have as a plan that tells us what to do on any subject or area ......once we crash out on 31st October .................anything at all ?

aside from waving flags and playing the national anthem as we are all so Free and proud suddenly ?....and perhaps a few rerun war films on channel 4 ......like the great escape and the wild geese..........and of course chariots of fire !

god help our businesses if we fall out .......aside from an exchange rate that will be eye popping nothing else will help exporters at all.......and as for imports ....we may as well store up the rations now ?

N
You mean apart from World Trade Organisation rules that apply to "The World" the clue is in the name.
I think the burden of proof lies with you to show us how a no deal Brexit would harm the country. Businesses wont just stop selling things, Europe needs the UK citizens to buy their goods as much as we need them to buy ours, there WILL be a solution, the Governments cant just stop trade thats not what they are there for. Its the Governments job to enable trade.
your comment is fear mongering at its best.

You mean apart from World Trade Organisation rules that apply to "The World" the clue is in the name.
I think the burden of proof lies with you to show us how a no deal Brexit would harm the country. Businesses wont just stop selling things, Europe needs the UK citizens to buy their goods as much as we need them to buy ours, there WILL be a solution, the Governments cant just stop trade thats not what they are there for. Its the Governments job to enable trade.
your comment is fear mongering at its best.
Agreed Postie.
The thing about politicians is that they say whatever they want in order to achieve their political objective(s). That's almost always in their own personal best interests, followed by those of their party. The interests of the country come a dim and distant third. By contrast, businesses the world over are united by a common denominator: money. Some say that money is the root of all evil but, when it comes to brexit, money talks and will trump whatever the politicians say. The Europeans will still want to sell us their cars, pharmaceuticals and wine etc. so the EU will be shooting itself in the foot if it tries to hinder or prevent products being exported from the mainland to the U.K. For our part, we'll still want to buy all their stuff, so we're not going to impose import restrictions. On that basis, it's really very hard to see why there will be any long term issues. Sure, in the short therm there will be admin' changes which will be a pain - but that's about the extent of the problems that I can see. Thereafter, we're free to agree free trade deals with any country in the world and, given we're the 5th/6th largest economy - it's reasonable to assume that everyone outside of the EU will welcome us with open arms. We'll experience short term flux for 6 - 18 months, after which everything will start to bed in nicely. At that point, legions of remoaners will prostrate themselves at the feet of brexiteers, apologise for the abuse they dished out to us over the years and thank us for our steadfast commitment, strength and resolve!
:p
Tim.