Brexit and the Consequences

Ok so you are basically up for a Canada or Japan trade agreement? Same as I assume.

You know what they say, assumption is the mother of all ***** :D

I think it's great that the EU is able to negotiate good trade deals with non-EU members, I didn't say if Canada or Japan are good deals or bad deals, I've not even looked into the detail.

But if the EU makes it easy for Japan, then how hard can it be for the UK once we have left? :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Referendum was a cry for help to stop immigration outside of non-EU countries and invest in other UK regions.

I reckon most people that voted out, if they didn't already know it, have realised that once we have taken back control of our border policies from the EU, that there is further work to do to enact regime change (or policy change, although that is highly unlikely) in the UK, so that we can secure our borders from non-EU uncontrolled immigration. The Tory's and Labour have had their day with creating worse border policies than ever, time to get rid.

Well Sir John. Try delivering that speech on home turf instead of running off to Scotland.

This is the chap who gave more away to the EU than any other before or since. No wonder he finds himself having to defend EU membership. His whole political legacy is at stake. :LOL:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47296593

Scottish Nationalists wishing to be ruled by the EU does not compute, they need to drop the 'N' out of the title to have any credence.

These three won't be missed at all. They were almost certain to face deselection anyhow.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47306022

What are they going to achieve in their new grouping? Who or what do they represent?

Is it remain driven or antisemitism driven, why would Tory remainers join a bunch of Labourites who reject their own party because of bullying, antisemitism and racism?

It’s not clear where this is headed other than a remain agenda. I say good, let them campaign to rejoin the EU once we have left, that is democracy.

Next question, is Tony ‘war criminal’ Blair behind it all? [emoji23]

What are they going to achieve in their new grouping? Who or what do they represent?

Is it remain driven or antisemitism driven, why would Tory remainers join a bunch of Labourites who reject their own party because of bullying, antisemitism and racism?

It’s not clear where this is headed other than a remain agenda. I say good, let them campaign to rejoin the EU once we have left, that is democracy.

Next question, is Tony ‘war criminal’ Blair behind it all? [emoji23]

Weird bedfellows. Major and Bliar, leading a disparate group of z list minor misfits.:LOL:

Well Sir John. Try delivering that speech on home turf instead of running off to Scotland.

This is the chap who gave more away to the EU than any other before or since. No wonder he finds himself having to defend EU membership. His whole political legacy is at stake. :LOL:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47296593

Well, at least Brexit zealots is an improvement on the f****** b******* he used to label them when he was PM

At least there are some daring heroes still left in parliament who are prepared to put national interest before party and career. (y)

Any change to the current status quo with the Purplelites taking over the country is good imo.

At least there are some daring heroes still left in parliament who are prepared to put national interest before party and career. (y)

Any change to the current status quo with the Purplelites taking over the country is good imo.

I would say personal interest over party and democracy, But hey ho she’s gone now..Just read also that the EMA arnt leaving the UK after all, something to do with a big building and a 25 year lease on it... ooops

I would say personal interest over party and democracy, But hey ho she’s gone now..Just read also that the EMA arnt leaving the UK after all, something to do with a big building and a 25 year lease on it... ooops

Where have you heard that and do you have a link plz. Googling and can find no reference.

Why do you say personal interest? Most would say it's a high risk move going to nowhere with just 11 bodies?

No, they have left the party for the same reason that the Labour MP's have left their party. All of them lost the argument and decided that they had nowhere to go but out. Think of it as a dummy spit or a tantrum, spoilt child, hissy fit. :LOL:

No, they have left the party for the same reason that the Labour MP's have left their party. All of them lost the argument and decided that they had nowhere to go but out. Think of it as a dummy spit or a tantrum, spoilt child, hissy fit. :LOL:

It ain't over yet dude?

People's vote on the menu! (y)

These three won't be missed at all. They were almost certain to face deselection anyhow.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47306022
I think you're right c_v.
I don't know anything about Heidi Allen, but I suspect Anna Soubry would be on a very sticky wicket for the reasons provided in this post.

Over the years, I've taken a particular interest in Sarah Wollaston (SW) as she's my constituency MP. When she was first elected, she replaced Anthony Steen (infamous for the 'Duck House' expenses scandal) - who had been the sitting MP forever. By comparison, she was a breath of fresh air: my wife and I met her not long after she joined parliament and we were both impressed. She came across as being the genuine article, aware of the failings of her predecessor and, seemingly, happy to be a back bench MP and uninterested in climbing the greasy pole to high office. She started to get regular spots on MSM, invariably talking about health and the NHS - something she's eminently qualified to do as she's a very experienced GP. So far, so good. What happens next is just my take on things - and I could be very wrong - SW herself would certainly say so . . .

My impression is that as she started to impress those that matter and, as her prominence grew, a switch flicked in her head and she thought to herself: 'You know what Sarah, you're actually pretty good at this politicking lark and, if you want to, you could be more than just a humble back bench MP'. She certainly caught David Cameron's eye before the referendum as a woman to watch as a future candidate for a ministerial position. And then came the referendum, at which point everything started to go pear shaped for SW. She started off supporting leave - presumably because that what she believed was the right thing to do. Then, mid way through campaigning, she jumped ships to the remain side based - as I recall - on the poster showing would-be queues of Turkish migrants coming into the UK. The cynic in me can't help but think that either that was a pre-planned stunt and/or it was to ensure she didn't blot her copybook with Cameron and put a stop to her career ambitions. And that would have worked a treat but for one little detail: remain lost the referendum and Cameron walked. SW must have been properly gutted. Since then she's gone all 'hard remain', openly campaigning for a 2nd referendum and, in so doing, has alienated large parts of her own constituency, most notably Brixham which is one of the largest fishing ports in the country. SW literally can't set foot in the town for fear of being thrown off the end of Brixham Breakwater.

So, all in all, a sorry tale and, as c_v says, almost certainly she won't retain her seat at the next general election - or bye-election - not that she'll do the honourable thing and step down as an MP to trigger one.
Tim.
PS: Attached WS' letter that I received today saying why she's left the Tories

Attachments

• Dr Sarah Wollaston Newsletter 20.02.19.doc
    116.5 KB · Views: 63
Last edited: