Brexit and the Consequences

I'm not a huge fan of Dr. Steve Turley's style of presentation, but his observations and assessments viz a viz Brexit, Europe and the EU strike me as being pretty much spot on . . .

Good find, along the same lines as my #8922 (y)

I'm not a huge fan of Dr. Steve Turley's style of presentation, but his observations and assessments viz a viz Brexit, Europe and the EU strike me as being pretty much spot on . . .

"The comparison by Mr Soros is very apt. The EU is similar in structure to the USSR, is an ideological construction that cannot provide prosperity & jobs, destroys freedoms, & is increasingly unwanted by its citizens. It is consigning itself to oblivion."
Gerard Batten MEP

Hey Att, where is all this growth in the EU that you promised us? I can't find it probably cos it doesn't exist and never did exist. Money printing to stimulate the economy is not growth. It is simply misappropriation of capital, which the taxpayer will have to pick up the bill.

https://www.westmonster.com/germany-narrowly-avoids-recession-zero-growth/

All those bailouts that the Northern Europeans are on the hook for. All those Greek companies that the Germans obtained as part of the Greek bailout, lots of risk with little upside if any.

Can’t see it ending well and with Soros and his ideology in panic mode it’s starting to look like a perfect storm.

I’m not rejoicing because it will affect us all at some point but there is pain ahead for current and future leaders. Only 10 years from the crash and we are heading for another.

Go to cash [emoji848]

I'm not sure whether this has really anything to do with Brexit but an image has been coming to my mind on a regular basis for the last couple of years and that is the old joke/hoax "100% guaranteed fly-killer" small ad - as a minor digression, I remember my father telling me that this was current during his school days in the 1920s, so it's been around for a fair while - anyways, this 100% guaranteed fly-killer was a mail-order job and having sent off one's payment, one would receive by post a small package that contained two small wooden blocks and a very very small instruction note, which read: " Place fly you wish to kill on one block and then bring the other block smartly down on the first - kills flies stone dead, 100% guaranteed or your money back". It was good for a brief laugh.

I'm not sure who's been conned but in the current context it seems to me to be everybody.....just without the laugh.

I await reception of said small packet.

Can you point me to the post where I said it was?

By carefully crafting your post associating “how many times do we have to say.....oh look it was nothing to do with Brexit after all!’ with the scrapping of the A380 you certainly imply it.

Mind you, that’s just the sort of corkscrewing of the facts that I expect.

By carefully crafting your post associating “how many times do we have to say.....oh look it was nothing to do with Brexit after all!’ with the scrapping of the A380 you certainly imply it.

Mind you, that’s just the sort of corkscrewing of the facts that I expect.

Well done, you spotted your deliberate mistake :ROFLMAO:

Appearing to implying something and stating something definitively are different, but hey, in the context of this thread I'll let you have some comfort that yes I was intending to imply what I implied but at least I have some reasoning for it:

When Airbus ARE in the thick of project fear AND are trying to offload excuses onto Brexit (like many other global corporations), I wonder who is really corkscrewing the facts? I have no doubt that they have known that their A380 orders were to be cancelled for weeks, if not months, it didn't just suddenly appear yesterday, that's not how business operates at this level, there would have been ongoing negotiations to try and save sales, alot of headless chickens amongst the directors. By carefully crafting a series of anti-Brexit releases leading up to this particular item of bad news is just tooooooo coincidental not to imply that they were probably hoping it could be buried under a load of project fear sentiment. The management couldn't find a way to spin the anti-Brexit angle any longer and had to just release the facts, egg on face methinks, fooling no-one methinks, narrative fail methinks.

Unlikely we'll uncover the facts of course, but it's always fun to speculate (y)

Hey Att, where is all this growth in the EU that you promised us? I can't find it probably cos it doesn't exist and never did exist. Money printing to stimulate the economy is not growth. It is simply misappropriation of capital, which the taxpayer will have to pick up the bill.

https://www.westmonster.com/germany-narrowly-avoids-recession-zero-growth/

Matey the whole globe is on knife edge with an impending post 10 year rise pull back. US only growing because of 1.2 trillion tax break.

You really need to stop frothing when ever there is any negative news on EU as that has nought benefit to UK.

Matey the whole globe is on knife edge with an impending post 10 year rise pull back. US only growing because of 1.2 trillion tax break.

You really need to stop frothing when ever there is any negative news on EU as that has nought benefit to UK.

Let's have some positive news about the EU then, news that does benefit the UK ?

Well done, you spotted your deliberate mistake :ROFLMAO:

Appearing to implying something and stating something definitively are different, but hey, in the context of this thread I'll let you have some comfort that yes I was intending to imply what I implied but at least I have some reasoning for it:

When Airbus ARE in the thick of project fear AND are trying to offload excuses onto Brexit (like many other global corporations), I wonder who is really corkscrewing the facts? I have no doubt that they have known that their A380 orders were to be cancelled for weeks, if not months, it didn't just suddenly appear yesterday, that's not how business operates at this level, there would have been ongoing negotiations to try and save sales, alot of headless chickens amongst the directors. By carefully crafting a series of anti-Brexit releases leading up to this particular item of bad news is just tooooooo coincidental not to imply that they were probably hoping it could be buried under a load of project fear sentiment. The management couldn't find a way to spin the anti-Brexit angle any longer and had to just release the facts, egg on face methinks, fooling no-one methinks, narrative fail methinks.

Unlikely we'll uncover the facts of course, but it's always fun to speculate (y)

Once again I say point me to an Airbus press release where they try to heap the blame for scrapping their A380 on Brexit. Come on now, they are at the heart of project fear so there must be something beyond the wild gyrations of your imagination.

And, btw, surely you are not surprised that an essentially joint European venture should be unhappy about one of its key constituents leaving the fold with the associated problems that creates for them. Be interesting to see if BAE can continue their participation in the long term.

Let's have some positive news about the EU then, news that does benefit the UK ?

Guidance
Commercial road haulage in the EU if there’s no Brexit deal
Published 24 September 2018

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...ad-haulage-in-the-eu-if-theres-no-brexit-deal

Means more business to EU haulage companies and less for British ones.

EU will gain filling in void UK leaves behind. Think about it.

You can add this to Finance, Pharmacuticals, Agriculture and Motor Industries as another one of those industries not highlighted by any business impact assessments.

Why use British Hauliers when one can use EU ones?

Dude, you categorically told us that growth in the EU would outperform the UK. It seems that this is not the case. So now you are blaming the EU's woes on the global slow down. So considering that the UK is outperforming the EU, do you not consider that the structures of the EU might be crap?