Brexit and the Consequences

Well TM took over because DD got absolutely nowhere. Incompetent replaced useless - what a fiasco.

We all know that's not true. As PM, she was directing policy, regardless of what Davis was doing, hence I inserted the word "duplicitous". Which is an accurate reflection.

We all know that's not true. As PM, she was directing policy, regardless of what Davis was doing, hence I inserted the word "duplicitous". Which is an accurate reflection.

Not at all - she took over because she just got frustrated at DD’s failure to move anything along, albeit that she as PM was, quite rightly, establishing overall policy.

Not at all - she took over because she just got frustrated at DD’s failure to move anything along, albeit that she as PM was, quite rightly, establishing overall policy.

That ended well :LOL:

The biggest shambles of a negotiation ever.

We can at least console ourselves that No Deal preparations are now well underway. (y)

Those are my thoughts also.

Meanwhile, the EU are finally waking up to the fact that No Deal is really going to hurt them, not only economically, but in the ballot box too.

the trouble is the EU blink and show weakness theres a few EU countries that will have even more trouble controlling their disruptive "leaver" populations ..............if we get more concessions that will warm them all up and the deck of cards will rock.....

I actually think Corbyn has played a masterstroke ......hes put TM right in the vice .......he also knows shes not going to give a Toss about anyone else opinions anyway..........all smokescreens to hide whatever else she is hoping to do....

The Brexit saga has split everyone in the country and changed the face of our future politics forever .......a great shame ......ive given up being a "party" follower.......they are all as bad as each other these days..........and the brexit saga has exposed just how bloody useless politicians are at doing anything that really matters ........bloody farce .......and novice negociation errors from day one .....

It just goes to support the theory for youngsters thinking of a career that if you are useless at everything then go into politics.

The Brexit saga has split everyone in the country and changed the face of our future politics

That's the whole point isn't it? Our politics to date have been handled on a "party" basis eg. left/right and that has generally reflected what people believe in. But Brexit (embracing: political - constitutional-sovereignty-economics) just can't work under that system. The unwritten constitution no longer copes - and you now see it being fluid and morphing as events unfold. Two of the leading constitutional experts (Hennessy & Bognador) have said as much and are themselves totally uncertain as to where we are going with this.

The smarter politicians have realised this and as always with their ilk, are using it to serve their own particular interests/agenda. Interesting times indeed!

So Labour are insisting on dropping no-deal from any negotiations that seems to be a foolish and weak negotiating position to be going back to the EU with, at least the DUP is talking about dropping the backstop, something the EU so far has said they won't compromise on, someone is bluffing.

So Labour are insisting on dropping no-deal from any negotiations that seems to be a foolish and weak negotiating position to be going back to the EU with. . .
Agreed Sig',
I have to admit that I don't really understand Corbyn's thinking on no deal Brexit. Parliament voted on the Withdrawal Act last June which, hopefully, would result in an agreement with the EU but, if that's not possible, to leave without one. Then of course there's Article 50 which had an even larger majority in Parliament - i.e. a good many Labour MPs voted for it. So, with these two pieces of legislation in place, I don't understand how he expects Mrs. May to commit to ruling out completely the possibility of leaving the EU with no deal? By doing what he's demanding she would - in effect - be negating current law enacted by Parliament. Am I missing something - or misunderstanding something?
Tim.

Agreed Sig',
I have to admit that I don't really understand Corbyn's thinking on no deal Brexit. Parliament voted on the Withdrawal Act last June which, hopefully, would result in an agreement with the EU but, if that's not possible, to leave without one. Then of course there's Article 50 which had an even larger majority in Parliament - i.e. a good many Labour MPs voted for it. So, with these two pieces of legislation in place, I don't understand how he expects Mrs. May to commit to ruling out completely the possibility of leaving the EU with no deal? By doing what he's demanding she would - in effect - be negating current law enacted by Parliament. Am I missing something - or misunderstanding something?
Tim.

I think Corbyn would be happy to leave with no deal, he then has the opportunity to blame the Tories for it and then somehow win a GE on the back of it.

He has no intention of negotiating as he knows the Tories won’t accept that demand, because if they were going to rule out no deal they would have done it by now.

Agreed Sig',
Tim.

No you are not missing anything Tim. Comrade Corbyn knows full well what the legal position is, which make his comments contemptuous. He is not alone, it would appear that all MP's calling for No Deal off the table as a precondition to talks haven't the foggiest idea what they are talking about.

Everything is moving towards No Deal.
Nice to see the other European countries are now taking it seriously.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46906046

Those are my thoughts also.

Corbyn straight after the vote said " the PM needs to take No Deal off the table before Labour will consider talks". Is he completely stark raving bonkers ! He knows only too well that parliament has already agreed and voted through the default position, which is No Deal in the event that a deal cannot be reached with the EU. He simply can't say that he wants No Deal ruled out because unless there is a deal passed by parliament, then the talks backstop is No Deal. He's just a contemptuous oik who clearly doesn't have the countries interests in mind when all he does is mindless moronic politicking.

Meanwhile, the EU are finally waking up to the fact that No Deal is really going to hurt them, not only economically, but in the ballot box too.

TM is just a complete fekkin idiot. She should have banged the No Deal drum on day One as the starting point for any negotiated settlement.

Pot calling kettle black LOL.

First she plays poker hiding her hand and then hides legal advice holding parliament in contempt. If not for Parliament, our institutions and G.Miller can you imagine this woman so called PM would have had her way with us all, not much different to tyrants in banana republics.

The very British nationalist and MSMedia put targets on judges, calling them traitors and threatening the wonderful lady G.Miller for fighting to maintain and protect sovereignty of our parliament. Can you imagine what might have happened if she didn't stand up to hold government to account?

All this talk about taking back control and from day one Tories in contempt of parliament, including her very own cabinet, literally cheating her way into holding power.

Davies started off by publicly stating UK didn't need a transition period and he might give one if the EU were nice to him. LOL

It then transpires there is no Business Impact Assessment on withdrawal and one is hastily conducted. Parliament is deprived of any debate! LOL more incredulous laughter. Is it a national state secret? What does it show?

DD before a parliamentary committee whaffles his way through whether one was conducted or not and how it is not necessary. Incompetence and contempt of Parliament all the way.

Brexiteers all gun ho, hope and glory, Boris, Moggy, Govey, Leadsom all in the limelight intoxicated with their delusional lies.

British people, including you lot all riding high in your WWII and what Churchill would do larky. EU punishments and beatings and how the EU interferes. The catalogue of amazing self-delusional virtual constructs knows no bounds.

All through out this time, instead of involving Parliament to debate, discuss and get buy-in AND this includes cross party support as this is not about parties as 007 rightly points out but one of national interest, Brexiteers and TM and Tory government carry on as if the sun shines out of their backsides. Perhaps you might take a moment to reflect when the European Parliament votes it usually is not on party lines but what ever motion the Commission brings before it for voting. So intentions are often more around subject matter of what is best and not about Left v Right. 90% + of those motions UK voted for and most introduced into the EU her self.

So the story goes. All the way. Then suddenly a 500 page + doc is release behind cabinet back with no consultation, no buy-in, no support and even the legal advice is withheld.

DO YOU REASONABLE, MOST ESTEEMED, HIGHLY INFORMED AND WELL OFF PEEPS NOT SEE WHAT LIES, DECEITS AND TRICKS HAVE BEEN PULLED OVER YOUR EYES?

Enough is enough, this brexit fiasco is so much rubbish, with no substance, initiated by Eurosceptics wiht no national interest but only about furthering a niche area of interest.

However, this area of interest means so many things to so many people. Brexit means Brexit baby yeah? It can be what ever you want it to be!

There is a mega calamity ahead for the UK if we do not correct this utterly wasteful and misguided brexit fiasco. Should be clear to you by now.

However, people don't like to concede they got it wrong. It goes against the self ego consistency pride I'm so brilliant inbuilt superiority complex we seem to possess.

This is contrary to all evidence - not least demonstrated by that fab red bus... LOL Amazing is it not. contrary to all evidence what we have said on these threads, witnessed with our own eyes people still believe in the hype and promises made by Brexiteers.

TM being the leading cheer leader of all the lies. You can have your cake and eat it. Yes you can. (y)

Three biggest aspects for me were;

1. Sovereignty
2. Excessive Rules and Regs
3. Other countries queuing up to do trade deals with us

Last two years each of those so called important reasons have been trampled all over culminating in contempt of Parliament as you have witnessed.

Think about it chaps. Sincerely, with open hearts. Reflect back on the last two years. Surely, some of you must now be thinking, asking if maybe, just maybe this is not the right or the best move for UK?

I wish you all the best and implore you to reconsider... :unsure:

(y)

Last edited:

First she plays poker hiding her hand and then hides legal advice holding parliament in contempt. If not for Parliament, our institutions and G.Miller can you imagine this woman so called PM would have had her way with us all, not much different to tyrants in banana republics.

The very British nationalist and MSMedia put targets on judges, calling them traitors and threatening the wonderful lady for fighting to maintain and protect sovereignty of our parliament. Can you imagine what might have happened if she didn't stand up to hold government to account?

All this talk about taking back control and from day one Tories in contempt of parliament, including her very own cabinet, literally cheating her way into holding power.

Davies started off by publicly stating UK didn't need a transition period and he might give one if the EU were nice to him. LOL

It then transpires there is no Business Impact Assessment on withdrawal and one is hastily conducted. Parliament is deprived of any debate! LOL more incredulous laughter. Is it a national state secret? What does it show?

DD before a parliamentary committee whaffles his way through whether one was conducted or not and how it is not necessary. Incompetence and contempt of Parliament all the way.

Brexiteers all gun ho, hope and glory, Boris, Moggy, Govey, Leadsom all in the limelight intoxicated with their delusional lies.

British people, including you lot all riding high in your WWII and what Churchill would do larky. EU punishments and beatings and how the EU interferes. The catalogue of amazing self-delusional virtual constructs knows no bounds.

All through out this time, instead of involving Parliament to debate, discuss and get buy-in AND this includes cross party support as this is not about parties as 007 rightly points out but one of national interest, Brexiteers and TM and Tory government carry on as if the sun shines out of their backsides. Perhaps you might take a moment to reflect when the European Parliament votes it usually is not on party lines but what ever motion the Commission brings before it for voting. So intentions are often more around subject matter of what is best and not about Left v Right. 90% + of those motions UK voted for and most introduced into the EU her self.

So the story goes. All the way. Then suddenly a 500 page + doc is release behind cabinet back with no consultation, no buy-in, no support and even the legal advice is withheld.

DO YOU REASONABLE, MOST ESTEEMED, HIGHLY INFORMED AND WELL OFF PEEPS NOT SEE WHAT LIES, DECEITS AND TRICKS HAVE BEEN PULLED OVER YOUR EYES?

Enough is enough, this brexit fiasco is so much rubbish, with no substance, initiated by Eurosceptics wiht no national interest but only about furthering a niche area of interest.

However, this area of interest means so many things to so many people. Brexit means Brexit baby yeah? It can be what ever you want it to be!

There is a mega calamity ahead for the UK if we do not correct this utterly wasteful and misguided brexit fiasco. Should be clear to you by now.

However, people don't like to concede they got it wrong. It goes against the self ego consistency pride I'm so brilliant inbuilt superiority complex we seem to possess.

This is contrary to all evidence - not least demonstrated by that fab red bus... LOL Amazing is it not. contrary to all evidence what we have said on these threads, witnessed with our own eyes people still believe in the hype and promises made by Brexiteers.

TM being the leading cheer leader of all the lies. You can have your cake and eat it. Yes you can. (y)

1. Sovereignty

Last two years each of those so called important reasons have been trampled all over culminating in contempt of Parliament as you have witnessed.

Think about it chaps. Sincerely, with open hearts. Reflect back on the last two years. Surely, some of you must now be thinking, asking if maybe, just maybe this is not the right or the best move for UK?

(y)

Wow, I guess you're not over Brexit yet :LOL:

The games up Att, it's No Deal like I said all along. Think of it like star trek chess, a game played on multiple levels and everyone is just about to be mated....and I mean EVERYONE :LOL:

Quiet on here today, must all be busy with your no deal preparations. :)

Attachments

• no-deal.gif
    no-deal.gif
    2.2 MB · Views: 74

Is so easy to forget these nasty details when things look like they could be getting on track, TM cannot be trusted.

The very British nationalist and MSMedia put targets on judges, calling them traitors and threatening the wonderful lady G.Miller for fighting to maintain and protect sovereignty of our parliament. Can you imagine what might have happened if she didn't stand up to hold government to account?

Angry because it looked like they were trying to thwart Brexit, Gina Miller should be knighted just like Farage should be.

Sneaky woman, but it's worked so far. I am waiting for the bombshell to be dropped, the timing isn't right, but I can feel something is waiting to happen, Tories have many backpockets, are they full of options?

Negotiating with the EU must be like wading throught treacle, but someones gotta do it.

I always liked the title of the book 'Guns, lies and spies', never managed to read it though. I think Brexit will be a defining moment in the book world.

1. Sovereignty

It's a fiasco indeed, what a waste of 2 1/2 years of to-ing and fro-ing, listening the the lying press, the endless speculation, having to write on this forum etc, when will it end.

Have you got a solution, thought through?

(y)

C'mon now, that's a bit emotional isn't it? After all it's only business, since when have you started appealing to Brexiteers emotional side, I thought it was all about the economy, jobs and open borders? You are not going to make a good left-libertarianist with that bleeding heart :D

My Brexit prediction is that there will be increased cyber disruption if it looks like Brexit no- deal is going to go ahead.

That’s not project fear.

The virtual world is real [emoji33]

This is becoming so tedious and yet QT was good last night. Abbott waffling on incoherently, pretending that Corbyn and Labour have a settled Brexit policy :LOL:
Oakshott, as usual asking them difficult questions that they would rather not answer :LOL: