Brexit and the Consequences

There are a couple of dangerous assumptions that remainers are making with this 2nd referendum idea, dangerous for themselves that is!

Because they couldn't believe that their own hype about remaining hadn't been believed and they lost the vote, they then assumed that people that voted to leave had got it wrong, 1st wrong assumption, but blinded by their own righteousness, they embarked on a losers crusade to reverse the result, even Gina Miller's attempt has backfired on her (so far), although this is debatable given that the Tories are trying to remain.

The 2nd wrong assumption is that the people will vote remain a second time around, following the example of other countries when people have been forced to vote in a 2nd referendum. I wouldn't be so sure, I think they will stab themselves in the back and the vote will be in even more favour to leave.

The Tory leadership, I suspect, know this, otherwise being the remainers that they are, they would have called a 2nd referendum with no hesitation if there was a chance to remain. They have deliberately bungled Brexit so that it is likely it will be delayed at the very least, if not cancelled. Calling a referendum risks their remain plans as it could go all the leave way, why would they need that when things are actually going well for them?

If a second referendum is called, then loading the questions in favour of remain is only asking for trouble, even if it got to that stage, where a vote to remain resulted, the issue of leaving the EU is not going to go away anytime soon, a majority want out, that's what needs to be delivered.

Rest assured, if we remain it will be because of parliament, not because of a second referendum, there is too much at stake now that the UK is intertwined with the EU in the areas of defence, intelligence and security, it's just a geo-political powerplay.

Any time Blair get's involved, then you know it's all about the elite, bankers, power and money and nothing to do with citizens.

Remoaners are just hysterical.

The country needs a valid decision to be made. Parliament needs to move forward.

Politicians have fecked up.

People mixed up and well divided between;

1. Hard core leavers
2. Middle ground don't knows wondering WTF is going on
3. Hard core remainers

Time to stop talking about assumptions and politics and the rest.

We want a fair bunch of options put as simply as possible. Anyone who wants to exclude as-is remain or hard exit, should get a bollocking in my opinion. They are still playing p!ss!ng games.

This is about national interest, not about assumptions and game theory about what if outcomes. It's about making a decision. If Parliament is split, parties don't want to call an election then what is left?

Complex decision so people need to step up to the plate or stay away if they don't understand what is asked of them. No time left for any more sh!t show.

We make our decision and then watch consequence play out.

I genuinely now believe parties should either plan for elections or start thinking about setting up and wording a carefully constructed referendum.

We all need to stop talking b0ll0x and get on with making that decision. People deserve better.

UKIP the party of Brexit, I can see them regaining massive support whenever we have elections next.

Unfortunately we are back to the overriding issue of credible leadership and as we have seen time and again, unless you have the right one at the helm, then you won't get the people to support and follow. Decent policies help and we need to quit pandering to minorities, that really pi55es the silent majority off.

Corbyn = moron
May = moron
Sturgeon = moron
Cable = moron

It's going to take years for leaders to emerge....assuming we break free which would require politicians to step up to the mark and actually start running the country.

Unfortunately we are back to the overriding issue of credible leadership and as we have seen time and again, unless you have the right one at the helm, then you won't get the people to support and follow. Decent policies help and we need to quit pandering to minorities, that really pi55es the silent majority off.

Corbyn = moron
May = moron
Sturgeon = moron
Cable = moron

It's going to take years for leaders to emerge....assuming we break free which would require politicians to step up to the mark and actually start running the country.

There are plenty of morons behind the moronic leaders that will just replace them, we are in a perpetual state of stupidity.

Not forgetting the biggest moron of them all, Tony ‘arch moron’ Blair, the BBC love him, I just can’t see the British public being so moronic as to vote him anywhere near an ounce of power again should he choose to re-enter politics.

It would be guns lies and spies and top MoD scientists being bumped off all over again (sshhh, it was suicide really).

the EU cannot compromise now ....that message would end the European union .....a lot of marginal countries out there looking for an excuse to refly their flags ..........

charismatic and good effective leaders ?.......jees .........thats a rarity in the world !

few such people appear per generation ...........

Ah, this will sort everything out, taking advice from Cameroon

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46592394

This could be classic fake news:
David Cameron has been advising Theresa May on how to give MPs a "greater role" in resolving any future Brexit deadlock, sources have told the BBC.

There's no substance to it, no named source and no journalist, it just seems to be a story promoting speculated possible Plan "B" outcomes for the options and promoting a parliamentary process including the house of lords!

The likes of Junker, Merkel etc. are letting their desire to punish Britain get in the way of making a good financial deal.
The EU AND Britain are much better off financially, scientifically and security wise with leaving everything much the same and just letting Britain slide out of the political entanglements.
Regretably they are too thick or revengeful to see this.

The likes of Junker, Merkel etc. are letting their desire to punish Britain get in the way of making a good financial deal.
The EU AND Britain are much better off financially, scientifically and security wise with leaving the everything much the same and just letting Britain slide out of the political entanglements.

Whilst I agree that the EU leadership are probably thick, I don't think they are revengeful (well, maybe a little ;)). I think they genuinely wish to preserve the political ideology of the EU as it was originally conceived, they have not had to compromise so far on this throughout the EUs short life, Brexit is the first test and so far they have succeeded in no compromise. To them any compromise is a watering down of the ideology which opens the door to other nations asking for their own compromises and eventually the EU is no longer the political union it once envisaged for itself.

Unfortunately for the EU, this is going to have to happen if it is to survive in the long term, you cannot maintain an ideology when large proportions of your membership don't like it, sooner or later it will either change or shrink in membership, neither option is palatable to its ideological leaders. I think the latter is the route they will take to preserve the ideology.

Less members = less power on the geo-political stage, notice the expansion in to the Ukraine and the constant (fake) anti-Russian propaganda fed to it's member states on a daily basis to persuade the populace that the EU ideology is needed to keep the Bear at bay, do people buy it? I think less so the further West you head, it's a bit like promoting Climate change as a reason for punitive taxation, people don't buy into it when it is a distant corporate elite calling the shots, sooner or later you end up with uprisings against Totalitarianism.

Lots at stake, lots of obsfucation, lots of mistrust, lots of problems.

The EU AND Britain are much better off financially, scientifically and security wise with leaving everything much the same and just letting Britain slide out of the political entanglements.

No thanks, not more of the same. We are at a historic critical turning point, either we spread our wings any fly, or we die a slow death along with the rest of Europe.

Brexit: Theresa May to hold a series of MPs' votes on options

Article says she is in favour of giving MPs a vote on alternatives to her plans when they debate 'her' Brexit deal.

Daft cow. Not like she has any options. So freaking sick and tired of this moo moo and the Tories. She's in favour of FA. Rabbit in headlights. Worst PM on par with Michael Foot I'd say.

If she had:

- consulted parliament and kept it abreast of changes
- discussed it along the way, in the last two years

Dumbsters wouldn't be in this pickle.

More b0ll0x from the party of inequity, offshore tax havens and power craving politicians. Country is going bust next year.

Brexit: Theresa May to hold a series of MPs' votes on options

Article says she is in favour of giving MPs a vote on alternatives to her plans when they debate 'her' Brexit deal.

Daft cow. Not like she has any options. So freaking sick and tired of this moo moo and the Tories. She's in favour of FA. Rabbit in headlights. Worst PM on par with Michael Foot I'd say.

If she had:

- consulted parliament and kept it abreast of changes
- discussed it along the way, in the last two years

Dumbsters wouldn't be in this pickle.

More b0ll0x from the party of inequity, offshore tax havens and power craving politicians. Country is going bust next year.

And I suppose Labour and the LibDem shambles are better. :LOL:

There was a time when people accepted democratic results and moved on, but the only reason we and the EU are in this place is because those in charge have been railroading the people into situations they don't want.

How much evidence do you need? Time and again we have pointed out that the EU is finished. Take the blinkers off and have a good look at what's happening dude, then get on board and make the best of it. No deal managed exit is fine, WTO default with some bilateral trade arrangements as and when. Oh, and watch those EU countries change position as their economies and jobs go down the pan, adding pressure to the outdated EU and fueling further discontent amongst the people.

TM's made some howlers as PM. She was the wrong choice and we already knew she was just an incompetent administrator, but her biggest problem was when she decided to appease the losing side (everything post Lancaster house). Brexiters would have gone along with that version.