Brexit and the Consequences

https://www.conservativehome.com/pl...-establishment-coup-wreck-a-clean-brexit.html

This article pretty well sums up May's disastrous tenure of number 10 and explains why we are now in such a mess over Brexit.

It's got to be between May or Blair as to who get the award of the worst Prime Minister in British history, I could add Thatcher, but she was loved by the Tories so she wouldn't get enough votes from both sides.

I think my vote would go to May as Brexit lies easily trump the lies and deceit of Blair's wars. Brexit is far more constitutionally important than Iraqi/Afghan wars and de-stabilising the whole of the ME. Something which the Tories have continued to de-stabilise massively since the Arab spring. Throw in a dose of anti-Russian rhetoric and the downright lies over selling out our military out to the EU, it just beggars belief that a PM could be doing such a thing to the British people and constitution.

Where the hell do they think they can get away with it? At least all Thatcher did was upset the Unions, miners and everyone with the poll tax. What about Major and his Maastricht treaty, he redeemed himself slightly with the Good Friday agreement, but the release of NI prisoners was also a betrayal? The Tories have so much to answer for, answers we'll never get of course.

Labour's raid on pensions, selling gold, and mishandling of the banking crisis were pretty big deals also and not forgetting the immigration debacle.

What a mess we live in, is there any good news anywhere? :LOL:

Nope, my vote definitely goes to May.

https://www.conservativehome.com/pl...-establishment-coup-wreck-a-clean-brexit.html

This article pretty well sums up May's disastrous tenure of number 10 and explains why we are now in such a mess over Brexit.

No it does NOT!

Typical one sided drivel.

What took place this summer was a carefully-planned establishment coup in the form of the Chequers fait accomplis, and a Cabinet meeting on 6th July which would have made old-style Communist despots blush. Ministers were bounced with less than a day’s notice by 120 pages of papers on the tenth iteration of a Brexit White Paper that few had seen, but which most assumed was based on the Prime Minister’s vision as enunciated at Lancaster House, Florence and Mansion House.

The way I see it, Brexiteers in the cabinet are an unruly lot, constantly sniping at May and they got their just deserts.

Cabinet responsibility is not what she had. Whilst the cabinet may have been selected as a 50/50 representation it doesn't mean likes of Gove/Davis/Johnson go about slurring their gobs to the press.

Chequers was a masterly stroke of genious. Bit like what John Major said, an opportunity to put up or shut up.

Who was Stewart Jackson? Stewart Jackson was Chief of Staff to David Davis when he served as Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union. What can one possibly expect from a rabid dog other than a bite.

If May is as bad as you chaps make out, what does that say about the Tory party unable to challenge her? They mustered the balls to challenge Thatcher!

LOL let's sweep the useless bunch of douche bags under some rock.

Roll on Corbyn which is precisely why Labour is soooo keen for elections to take place. As I said to you, when canvassing at doors, Labour have such strong support it is plain enough to see.

https://www.worthingherald.co.uk/ne...-council-seat-in-more-than-40-years-1-8087546

I'd go as far as to say there are no safe seats for the Tories anymore. (y)

Tomorrow is likely going to give us a trade opportunity. I hope you lot are going to take advantage of it.

It's important to know where you stand on Brexit?

Attachments

• IMG-20181017-WA0012.jpg
    IMG-20181017-WA0012.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 58
Hope there’s a hurricane storm for the people’s vote march on Saturday,
Just to dampen their egos..

The signs aren't good, it's going to be pleasant and mild.

On the plus side we do have the worst London Mayor in all of human history :)

Who would have thought, the worst PM and the worst London Mayor at exactly the same period in history, the Brexit stars are aligned :LOL:

We are probably now at the closest to a no deal Brexit as we have ever come.
Tonight's news of stalled talks from Brussels, hardly moved the pound at all.
Just a little price blip.
This makes me wonder if the worst case scenario for the gbp is now priced in?

If so then it must make sense that now is the time to start slowly building a long position in the gbp, no?