Brexit and the Consequences

Control is an illusion. They've already stopped coming. I don't think you've read the article. Nursing and Doctor applications are both down whilst GP Surgeries have unfulfilled vacancies.

Add to that brain drain and Brits who are able to leave the UK who will do.

I hope it works out for you.

On another note the skills required to build the new future with AI, driverless cars and new standards will all be established by Europe and Asia. UK will simply have to learn to tag along rather than setting them at the head of the table.

The gigantic size of future technologies require national & international planning. This is what our pea-sized-brained politicians fail to see. Setting standards and building to those standards, licensing and patenting is where the future will be. Think about it. We can't even produce a car now what chance do we have of competing in the future when we will be falling behind in the technology race.

Did you hear Boris calling for university students to be wolcomeed in the UK? I hope you realise they made up the bulk of migrant labour who chose to stay and work in the UK.

Brexiters need to sort your selves out as to what you want and what you don't? We'll have you but not you. You'll do, you can naff off. You must be the fat controller. :)

Take back control indeed but first make up your minds as to what you want :sleep:

Listen....we are Great Britain and we will do what we like. (y)

Full of doom and gloom mr.Atilla, if our grandfathers were like that we would be speaking German now...I’ll have a word with the guys at s&p500, see if we can bag you a gold this week to cheer you up eh ? :D

Already seeing an improvement amongst the young folk I know job hunting in London - pick of the jobs and can ask for the wage they want (within reason) and this is amongst non-degree educated 20 something’s with some life and job experience. Employment market booming, rising wages and providing opportunity, much different to the situation a couple of years ago. How much this is due to Brexit is difficult to say [emoji848][emoji1360]

They will still vote for Corbyn though, brainwashed fools that they are. [emoji23] But then you can’t really blame them for that, there is a total lack of leadership coming from anywhere else, that and the gentle veneer that Labour portray despite their lack of integrity. I’m afraid it will be down to parents to try and persuade them otherwise.

Last edited:
Already seeing an improvement amongst the young folk I know job hunting in London - pick of the jobs and can ask for the wage they want (within reason) and this is amongst non-degree educated 20 something’s with some life and job experience. Employment market booming, rising wages and providing opportunity, much different to the situation a couple of years ago. How much this is due to Brexit is difficult to say [emoji848][emoji1360]

Things across the channel look very similar ....and as far as I know, the Frogs are staying in:)

Note improving employment numbers in second graphic below:

http://statistiques.pole-emploi.org/stmt/publication

Things across the channel look very similar ....and as far as I know, the Frogs are staying in[emoji4]

Note improving employment numbers in second graphic below:

http://statistiques.pole-emploi.org/stmt/publication

Well that’s not very British is it! After all anything that has gone wrong for the last two years has been blamed on Brexit.

I look forward to the days of blaming every positive step that happens in Britain on Brexit, it’s the fault of those leavers that we have record employment, growing GDP, blah blah I hear you say [emoji3]

It’s going to be interesting to see what the remoaners will turn their negative attention to once we have actually left, never mind the boom we are experiencing leading up to March 2019, (assuming we do actually leave in more than name only), at the moment it’s all been positive.

My theory is that remoaners are depressed by nature, the EU was the pill that stopped them tipping over the edge, now the prescription has changed, the new chemicals circulating in their systems are causing confusion and delirium to the point of incoherence. The medical research needs to catch up to invent another new pill to keep the negative emotions under control......where will that come from ?

I've been searching for EU impact assessments post Brexit.

There don't appear to be any ! How very remiss of the EU :LOL:

If we leave in name only then at least the shoe will be on the other foot and Brexiteers will be able to take the negative upper hand and blame everything that goes wrong on the fact that we have not left the EU [emoji23]

If we leave in name only then at least the shoe will be on the other foot and Brexiteers will be able to take the negative upper hand and blame everything that goes wrong on the fact that we have not left the EU [emoji23]

Whatever happens is not going to happen in a straight line nor is it going to do so overnight. The improvement in the economies of the world has been going on for a few years and the EU (including the UK for the next several minutes) is no exception.

Politicians taking credit for their predecessors' successes is not a habit that's suddenly going to come to an end. I'd like to see it but I'm fairly sure that in the not too distant future the newly voted in Labour government are not going to proclaim their undying gratitude to the Conservatives for all their recent good work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Politicians taking credit for their predecessors' successes is not a habit that's suddenly going to come to an end. I'd like to see it but I'm fairly sure that in the not too distant future the newly voted in Labour government are not going to proclaim their undying gratitude to the Conservatives for all their recent good work.

And in that scenario we will immediately be able to blame Labour for all the UK’s problems, it’s just a [not so] merry go round, full of career politicians.

Full of doom and gloom mr.Atilla, if our grandfathers were like that we would be speaking German now...I’ll have a word with the guys at s&p500, see if we can bag you a gold this week to cheer you up eh ? :D

Always a cheery post from you and I do admire your spirit me amigo.

However, whilst heart, mind and courage will make a big difference on a battle field, in business optimism, cheeriness and great hope do not go to making good sound business decisions.

Cheers for speaking to uncle Sam about the SPX500 for me. Mucho gracias (y)

They will still vote for Corbyn though, brainwashed fools that they are. [emoji23] But then you can’t really blame them for that, there is a total lack of leadership coming from anywhere else, that and the gentle veneer that Labour portray despite their lack of integrity. I’m afraid it will be down to parents to try and persuade them otherwise.

Here’s me talking about lack of integrity in the Labour Party and then this pops up. Maybe parents won’t be needed in the end 🤣

http://dailym.ai/2obMrj0

Corbyn and co have always been a bad lot. At some point, when the need arises, I would expect the Tories to go on all out assault.

It was truly baffling last year when he refused to step down after the majority of his shadow cabinet resigned, His days looked numbered only to gain massive support during the election, I personally detest the man but i'm still bewildered where this support came from in such a short time..Can only put it down to the false hopes he was selling, free student fee's etc...

It was truly baffling last year when he refused to step down after the majority of his shadow cabinet resigned, His days looked numbered only to gain massive support during the election, I personally detest the man but i'm still bewildered where this support came from in such a short time..Can only put it down to the false hopes he was selling, free student fee's etc...

Yeah exactly no costed program, no principles, and promise the earth to all those who don't have to pay for it. Utter to55er.

:LOL: ROTFLMAO :LOL:

Mike. matey you know I'm a big fan of your forever cheery posts but this one really hit me hard laughing so much I had had tears in my eyes.

Delighted to see you recognise false hope. Sad you don't apply your same application to fellow Brexit brothers false hopes. Do you not see that is exactly both sides are offering.

Anyhow I do agree with you in this case. As you may well know the only true party to get UK out of this mess are the LibDems with Vince Cable true Brit leading the way with his Northern Powerhouse project and indeed he is the vision and creator of a great project that imho (and well informed opinion if I may say so ) can get us out of the predicament we find our selves in revitalising British industry.

The difference between Brexiters and Corbyn aren't much at all. Both dislike EU but Corbyn, much like trump will be printing trillions of pounds to spend his way out and destroying business same as Brexiters.

If people don't see the two sides of the same coin then UK is destined to recede into decades of economic calamity and decline.

Sadly, Corbyn is likely to be the winner out of Tories division and UKIP uprising. Either way as before I'll be tactically voting to boot the Tories out for fessing up the country. Corbyn can't be that much worse right?

(y)