Brexit and the Consequences

I don't think people remember history either. Not even the last 100 years or so during the industrial Victorian era of great wealth.

Fat businessmen used to send 4 years olds down little coal mines as only their small bodies could squeeze through little tiny holes.

They used to work 18 hour days, were malnourished and were kicked for being lazy and feeble not working hard.

Some probably think Nicholas Nickleby was just fiction along with Yorkshire workhouses.:whistling

reading your posts atilla I just remembered, we may be in the longest running period of 'no chopping of heads' when it comes to the wealthy and powerful. Not the whole 'let's throw him in jail because he was corrupt'.....I'm talking some classical french carnage. If you do take on the liberty of rallying up the masses careful not to reenact Robespierre's methodologies

I remember growing up in the 70s, watching telly at night, The news headlines about the latest IRA bomb that's gone off, Trouble at Longbridge Rover plant and problems with British Rail used to fill the screens on a nightly basis...Maggie had a hardline approach when it came to negotiations, She would never entertain talking to the IRA...I think Blair, Mo Mowlem, John Hulme etc did a fantastic job in bringing peace to Northern Ireland, granted there is still a way to go yet. It's a changing world and that age group when I was young in the 70s are now the ones running the country...whatever will be will be next Thursday, we head down one path or another, follow the masses. Like it or lump it as the saying goes .....

We are British Mike. We can do so much better than the 70s. There is no going back. Only forwards. Stay with the line and keep formation. Don't brake ranks.

Together we are stronger. It's time to unite behind our leader. :cheesy:

Together we are stronger. It's time to unite behind our leader.

So I can count on a conservative vote from you then pal, do you think I should send some flowers or chocolates round to Timsk ? He appeared to have lost all sense of rational thought yesterday. :LOL:

When I was growing up, school lunches were free.

Yep and we used to get free milk in bottles to drink in class too. Always hated drinking yukky milk though. Was more into chocolate :)

I used to get 5p a day for putting away dinner tables and chairs.

I was a prefect too.

Those were the good old days. :)

Its funny how you mentioned earlier the poor children going to school hungry...Like it was only last year there was a epidemic of child obesity, all this fake news gets sucked up like a dyson on steroids.......Whatever next ? nurses going to food banks ? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

You may want to look up the statistics on child poverty. Not as funny as you seem to think it is.

I hear your points and they are valid and true but they fail to take into consideration quite a few factors into account.

I know about nationalised industries and Thatcher's privatisation having studied it in depth.

It is very difficult to privatise what are effectively natural monopolies. Books have been written on it. After 40 years I would not call it a roaring success.

Also the argument nationalising railways will take us back to the 1970s chooses to ignore development and advances in the industry and with management. Our auto industry is alive and well and was thriving until Brexit under good governance of Japanese. There is nothing to stop us hiring Dutch management to run the industry. Why not? We've had foreign managers running our national football team. Why not the railways? Systems need change. The number of railway services, cost, lack of investment and not to mention daft public/private investment it's all gone pear shaped. We need change and a good shake out.

As for 2010 well that's not fair laying the global crises at the feet of Labour. That baby was conceived by Tories under Thatcher's big bang and self regulation policies and Labour got left holding the hot potato. I'd agree with you Mike but for this business of cutting taxes to stimulate the economy and starving social services is just not on.

If objective is to pay off deficit quickly then don't reduce Corp/Inheritance tax.

If someone is earning £18K p/a then public transport, rent and utilities all account for a much greater %of income then someone earning £88K.

I just feel we need to redress some fundamental issues and Tories I find are blood suckers of the bottom end spoon feeding the top end.

Finally, there is the bail out of the banks. Why didn't government let banks go to shareholders for funding. I think Brown did good work giving loans in exchange for equity.

fwiw I am a freelance IT contractor and have my own Ltd Co., so yes I will be impacted by corp tax and happy to pay my dues. If not for free university education and maintenance grant I would not be where I am today. What goes around comes around. (y)

Ooooooh he's studied it. Does that mean you have an ology :smart: :LOL:

While you were playing about studying it, some of us were actually participating in it.
Maggie, a rare breed, inspirational leader.(y)

Last edited:
You may want to define child poverty.

They all have the latest gadgets so they can be connected on facebook. :rolleyes:

Defining it is part of the data-gathering and analysis. But conservatives rarely care about that sort of thing. Rather they just roll their eyes.

A little light entertainment after Question Time this evening...

I've never been so more determined and confident of my vote however it turns out. (y)(y)

This is more entertaining....:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

What planet is he from...

Perfectly reasonable imo.

You negotiate a so called deal then put it to the people rather than promising them hope, glory and £350m per week for the NHS on the side of a red bus and then say well that's not what we meant.

What planet are your leaders from? Can they read? Did they all go to grammar schools?

TM said they'll reject ECJ and Treaty of Rome again and have Parliament independent of any EU interference and yet demand free market access whilst trying to remove all parliamentary opposition?

Sick of the crazy cow and her lies.

Then she and Davies have the audacity to say economic growth is important to look after these industries. Well we've had economic growth but Nurses pay down 14% in real terms, cost of living up and taxes cuts for corporations and inheritance tax.

IT SHOULD BE CLEAR TO MOST PEOPLE WITH ECONOMY GROWING WHERE THE Public Sectors WEALTH IS GOING? NOT TO DESERVING HARD WORKING PUBLIC SECTOR WORKERS OR SOCIAL SERVICES where there are limit caps on BUT TO WELL OFF AND WELL TO DO.

Shout it from the roof tops.

I so sincerely wish the British people would put their lights on and stop trusting the deceitful tories.

I genuinely feel very sad at the way politicians blatantly lie and deceive the British people.

Then there is nuclear red button. The more Corbyn is attacked with stupid hypothetical questions the more I realise he is indeed right. Nuclear weapons makes us a bigger target than if we didn't waste money on them much like the Norsk countries.

Not every country has nuclear weapons. In fact most countries don't have nuclear weapons. What a load of sh1te.

So which countries want to launch a nuclear weapon on us? None.

Much ado about nothing. Greens are also right. (y)

So what Tim is proposing is.... After the P.M comes back from the EU with deal in hand, bearing in mind that it going to be extremely extremely complex on paper covering immigrants right's, Fishing waters, financial passporting, Trade, Laws etc etc...he is then going to ask the public (whom may i add, said didn't know what they were voting for with the referendum) to have a final vote ??? :LOL::LOL:....if its rejected, we then stay in the EU....:LOL:

Now, On that principle with the EU desperate for us not wanting to leave, what sort of a deal do you think we will get...:whistling

And I thought there was no life on mars....:innocent:

You would be far better off using your vote on Britain's got talent...The black comedian is quite good.....(y)

Last edited:
So what Tim is proposing is.... After the P.M comes back from the EU with deal in hand, bearing in mind that it going to be extremely extremely complex on paper covering immigrants right's, Fishing waters, financial passporting, Trade, Laws etc etc...he is then going to ask the public (whom may i add, said didn't know what they were voting for with the referendum) to have a final vote ??? :LOL::LOL:....if its rejected, we then stay in the EU....:LOL:

Now, On that principle with the EU desperate for us not wanting to leave, what sort of a deal do you think we will get...:whistling

And I thought there was no life on mars....:innocent:

You would be far better off using your vote on Britain's got talent...The black comedian is quite good.....(y)

You sound like Andrew Neil, ask a question and then answer it with what ever you think or the the point you want to make.

Listen again and on the 7th second of Tim speaking he comes in with AND YOU WOULD TELL THEM TO!!!

WTF is that all about then. 7 seconds to get the answer he wants if he doesn't he comes straight in with what he thinks Tim Fallon will do effectively making his point and not letting Tim speak.

Tim starts speaking again from 15th second and AN butts in on the 20th.

Watch it again and tell me I've got my timings wrong. Tim is only able to start answering with some explanation from 47th second onwards. His able to speak until 1:07 when he is interrupted again. That's 20 seconds of him answering a question and 40 seconds of tosh from Andrew Neil. :whistling

That's what I would call Andrew Neils wannabee Paxman 40 seconds of fame.

Enjoy (y)

Last edited:
The question is which way will cable go on Thurs night/Fri morning?

My money is on: First of all they (bank manipulation) will run it one way starting Wednesday, then it will rush in the opposite direction as soon as the first significant result comes in (a la Sunderland on Brexit night).

The question is which way will cable go on Thurs night/Fri morning?

My money is on: First of all they (bank manipulation) will run it one way starting Wednesday, then it will rush in the opposite direction as soon as the first significant result comes in (a la Sunderland on Brexit night).

:LOL: Thought you were talking about vince cable for a moment..

You sound like Andrew Neil, ask a question and then answer it with what ever you think or the the point you want to make.

Listen again and on the 7th second of Tim speaking he comes in with AND YOU WOULD TELL THEM TO!!!

WTF is that all about then. 7 seconds to get the answer he wants if he doesn't he comes straight in with what he thinks Tim Fallon will do effectively making his point and not letting Tim speak.

Tim starts speaking again from 15th second and AN butts in on the 20th.

Watch it again and tell me I've got my timings wrong. Tim is only able to start answering with some explanation from 47th second onwards. His able to speak until 1:07 when he is interrupted again. That's 20 seconds of him answering a question and 40 seconds of tosh from Andrew Neil. :whistling

That's what I would call Andrew Neils wannabee Paxman 6 seconds of fame.

Enjoy (y)

No , he is a good interviewer, He can tell straight away if the interviewee is going to divert / stray away from the question , All politicians do it, Farrons style is to talk all over him and hopefully go on to the next question...he comes across as very unprofessional and amateur. Corbyn does the same with a little more conviction, blurts out one of his sound bites to answer a difficult question.