FX Trading Week July 30 - Aug 3

Cable's price action last week was

• A full reversal! its south from here!!

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • nah, just a retrace on the monthly chart

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • I dont care, i trade a 1 minute bar

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
trade update (short cable @ 2.0300)

well feeling very stupid here, seeing red is not really a good sign, and my system now says cut and go long. but to cut with a loss goes against my plan :confused: , still thinking about averaging up the trade to get close to the market, (only use this as a get plan).

the trails of doing this for a living :rolleyes: , then trying to justify it afterwards lol .....

anyway thought i would share that with you all................

(the frying pan is getting well to HOT)

Hi Hornblower, 2be.......
How are you all....Good to see you all still live and kicking n the board...
I am back on the boards thought I would start posting live trades as I LOVE the contradiction that I may raise....joke...

Anyway plans for 2 day..got 1 short in at 28 took it out after 7 pips which is good enough...cos I am a scalper who does not need 100's of pips....
I am planning to trade this range all the way...
30 to 85....Will there be a break out... a tough level to crack right now@ 30 so lets see how long the range lets us play...
I will be night trading tonight so if anyone is intrested I will be on the boards..
only 2 pairs yen and cable....that is about it...
Target till 2 maro morning is 35 pips lets see if we make it....

Best of luck everyone
Rav

trade update (short cable @ 2.0300)

well feeling very stupid here, seeing red is not really a good sign, and my system now says cut and go long. but to cut with a loss goes against my plan :confused: , still thinking about averaging up the trade to get close to the market, (only use this as a get plan).

the trails of doing this for a living :rolleyes: , then trying to justify it afterwards lol .....

anyway thought i would share that with you all................

(the frying pan is getting well to HOT)

Hey .
Dont worry ..I posted what I posted for you because of the timing of the trade...
Two words of advice...Trading leads to stress it is sometimes good to cut your lossess if you are in doubt..but I like to trade these ranges as I am not a break out trader...if you need any help my friend just pm or post me...
Happy Trading
Rav

Hey .
Dont worry ..I posted what I posted for you because of the timing of the trade...
Two words of advice...Trading leads to stress it is sometimes good to cut your lossess if you are in doubt..but I like to trade these ranges as I am not a break out trader...if you need any help my friend just pm or post me...
Happy Trading
Rav

Many thanks Rav,

i may just take you up on that offer lol, i must admit i feel i am being teased by the market at the mo :rolleyes: , but i will be here till cable gives back what it took...... so i maybe around tonight.

and thanks for the advice :D

Update,

I think i will win the prize for the biggest idiot today :( , held far too long and let a bad trade run. averaged up the trade to try and get out of it, (AND FAILED) so it's a cut and back to the drawing board and try again.

(CONFESSIONS OF A PRIZE IDIOT)

There she goes a new range in place for tonight.....
MSP Trader dont worry....lossess are a part of the game we will make the pips dont get disheartened..dont loos patience...I have lost a lot of money in my intial years of trading...but your effort wont go to waste trust me...

Rav

Overnight trade tonight is another buy trade.
System entry is 2.0369 - I managed to get 2 pips better entry at 2.0367

Wait and see what happens in the morning.

I currently have 2 trades going...
Long on cable @ 56 with a stop @ 36.....trailing stop @ 10 pips
Long on YEN @ 15 with a stop @ 00.......trailing stop @ 10 pips

Happy Trading
Rav

Trade update

Long on cable @ 56 with a stop @ 36.....trailing stop @ 10 pips--no change
Long on YEN @ 15 with a stop @ 00.......trailing stop @ 10 pips---stop moved to b\e

Happy Trading
Rav[/QUOTE]

I made 15 pips last night and that is about it....very dissapointed ....target of 35 pips failed...
Well today we have non farm payroll....hence I guess we could have a slow monday morning syndrome...
Best of luck everybody...
Rav

Overnight trade tonight is another buy trade.
System entry is 2.0369 - I managed to get 2 pips better entry at 2.0367

Wait and see what happens in the morning.

Not in profit today by 8.00am so the target is now set to break-even. I now just have to sit and wait.

Not in profit today by 8.00am so the target is now set to break-even. I now just have to sit and wait.

Closed out at +2pips for me - break-even for the system.
Pretty disastrous week for the system it's down -36 pips for the week.

I'm hoping for better things next week - but as I'll be on holiday I won't be able to trade. They don't fit caravans with internet connections yet!!

Back on the 14th August - so see you all then. Good trading everyone.:D

Jilly,

I dontr think you need to worry. although you bailed out, you did pick the direction correctly. have good holiday.

my main reason for psoting was for anyone using the NRTR_WATR MT-4 indicator.

It REPAINTS.

On the 30-mins GBPUSD it showed blue NRTR_WATR at 2.0335 for most of the morning.
however, after the dip and bounce up, the NRTR_WATR is now showing at 2.0322.
It is quite useful real-time nonetheless, and gave me a good real-time entry BUY (pity about the charity!), but be wary when eyeballing it historically. it may not be showing THEN what it showed NOW.

chuffin 'eck.
the NRTR_WATR is now showing 2.0302. on GBPUSD on 30-mins.

Jilly,

I dontr think you need to worry. although you bailed out, you did pick the direction correctly. have good holiday.

Hi Trendie,

The bail out was following the trading plan though - so it wasn't a true bail out. My rule is that if the trade isn't in profit by 8.00am the exit is set to break-even. The fact that I managed to snaffle +2 pips is just a little bonus on the system results - which for the last two weeks haven't been good +5 last week and -36 this week. I'm lagging behind a bit at -51 pips - as there was one day that I didn't trade due to it being my birthday evening.

Still "could be better" as my old teachers used to say ;)