FX Trading Week Aug 6 - Aug 10

Two questions: how many systems before current one? How many separate systems?

• Only tried one before sticking to it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Use more than 5 methods to trade.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Short cable and EUR/JPY overnight. Eur/JPY has reversed each of the last 4 days, so hope this is one trend which doesn't continue

the words drop and stone come to mind.
I see some of the large funds are down big time.

for currency indications i'll be watching the ftse which on my chart can drop another 180 pts before serious trouble.

on the daily cable 200 ema [considered 'fair value' line by some] is about 2.0050 and so people might not feel safe before the weekend [and who wants to hold a long in this market over the weekend?] until it gets there?

Having said that the daily cable uptrend ma is still intact unlike the aussie which on my chart has been busted by the last drop.

With these daily up and downs one cannot rule out a ride back up and then say a fall to where we started?

so whichever way it moves [i don't have a bias at the moment] it looks an interesting ride.

OT

was that a jilly type trade?

ftse lower
no new cable higher so current bias lower

Sorry for the late reply. Not at home so dipping in and out. Yes was a Jilly type trade but this morning was my more normal breakout trades. This morning EUR/JPY was stopped at break even but after 4 successive days of +100 can't complain. Cable looking like being - 40

Where has everyone gone? Can someone let me in on the answer?

ftse has dropped 150 so a close below 6000 would be interesting to say the least.

been short cable from 200 now stop b/e. wouldn't be surprised to see a dip to $2 this afternoon or the daily 200 ema/sma area as people clear any position for the weekend.

don't know where people are but this must be a once a year trading situation?

EURJPY went up 100+ pips in space of 30-mins!

what a roller-coaster end to a roller-coaster week.

maybe most of the regulars are on hols, and this week has had few posts, may decide to leave this thread open for whole of August while posters return.

If anybody wants to start a new weeks thread, feel free to do so.