FX Trading Week Aug 6 - Aug 10

Two questions: how many systems before current one? How many separate systems?

• Only tried one before sticking to it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Use more than 5 methods to trade.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

trendie

Legendary member
last week showed quite a lot of volatility, reminiscent of cable of old. not to forget eurjpy.
hope you guys had a good week.
I had a shot at sup/res, and am sold on the concept! which is frustrating since I committed to MA-Xs about a week and a half ago!

anyway, hope you keep posting your ideas and thoughts, and have a go at the charity trading thread.

EDIT: with regards to the poll: just wanted to gt an idea of how many ideas you tried before settling on your current method.
Also, how many of you trade multiple methods? not different time-frames, but a distinctly different methodology in parallel.

cable looks bulllish, open with a small gap down, and closed this gap from the downside, bounced off from 400 and looking strongish. I shall buy dips untill v late 400, even 500 is poss.
Happy trading.

Last edited:
Good Morning all,
Well I have 2 say I am waiting for a short entry....I missed the 1st opp now am waiting for it go to 20 again if I see any divergence this time round I am shorting it.....At least till 380...Will give an update after I have opened my position....

Best of luck 2be, hornblower,jacinto and Trendie who have kept this thread live and kicking......What are my thought for the week.....Make the pips..:)
Current pips count 0

Short @ 424.5...stop @ 464.5 Target is
T1--400
T2--380
T3--360

Best of Luck happy trading
Rav..
The 15 mins candle has closed where I wanted it tooo...can we do the rest....
Lets wait and watch..

I have taken my profit @ 406 will re-enter the market again...in a bit...
+18 pips what a wonderful start to the day.....
I am now currently looking at shorting gbp\jpy.....will let you know if I take an entry..

metatrader keeps saying invalid account after login which means i have had to go back to the old charts and redo all the s/r lines.

my crystal ball says cable probably down [ 400 level?] till news at 9.30 then news will set direction? Daily still good for longs.

having good hunting on the indicies at the moment so only looking for solid set ups on the currencies

nice run down on cable this morning
passed my target of 337
if it gets passed 300
will be looking for 281

edit
closed 301

Last edited:
I selected -
Tried between 2 and 5 before finding current method. (5).
&
Use between 2 and 5 methods to trade. (2).

Last edited:
metatrader keeps saying invalid account after login which means i have had to go back to the old charts and redo all the s/r lines.

Sounds like an expired demo. Have you tried going to File>Open Account to renew it?

Sounds like an expired demo. Have you tried going to File>Open Account to renew it?

i downloaded a new version. but if it happens again i'll try that if it saves me redoing all the profiles....

been doing ftse all day

Hello guys a little quiet here. I'm not at home at the moment so just popping in and out of this when I get the chance. Short cable and EUR/JPY at the moment with fairly tight stops, hoping for another leg down this afternoon.

Hello guys a little quiet here. I'm not at home at the moment so just popping in and out of this when I get the chance. Short cable and EUR/JPY at the moment with fairly tight stops, hoping for another leg down this afternoon.

It's well quiet. 10 replies, 282 views by the end of tuesday. It is the holiday season though...

It's well quiet. 10 replies, 282 views by the end of tuesday. It is the holiday season though...

Hi everyone,

Well the possibility of 2.02 being reached was the lower of the standard error support lines and so in anticipation of a bounce I have gone long.

Some people are talking about a rate ease or signal from the Fed about intention. It could well signal a drop in the dollar.

Worth a long shot... as they say in the movies. :D

Attachments

• GBPUSD Cash-070808.png
    GBPUSD Cash-070808.png
    17 KB · Views: 233
Hi everyone,

Well the possibility of 2.02 being reached was the lower of the standard error support lines and so in anticipation of a bounce I have gone long.

Some people are talking about a rate ease or signal from the Fed about intention. It could well signal a drop in the dollar.

Worth a long shot... as they say in the movies. :D

hey guys,

I've been laying of the fx recently and sticking to dow and dax but been keeping an eye on the cable. haven't got intra day charts for it at the moment as not trading it so cant contribute too much i'm afraid.

As far as the poll go's i tried various different ideas and ways of trading and finally settled on something i'm comfortable with which is basically an ma cross and a couple of indicators. The thing is how you interpret them and that you have confidence in them and that can only come with time and testing imho.

hope you all have a good rest of week.:cool:

Having just looked again at the markets it all looks good but disappointed that my limit of 20185 was missed by just 4 pips. Still short. I hope I don't regret it and end up giving it all back.......don't want to see it go above 20235 or 16310

Taking profit a little lower than it got yesterday so all is well. Still small position short but there must be a chance of a bounce from here so taking it easy today

Hi all,

Well after my last set of trades (which were not to good lol) am back. Rav thanks for the advice by the way. Starting to get back on top again, cable played well for me yesterday on my short from 2.0419 and my long trade today from 2.0201.

Looking forward to the morning lol.......

It's a hard game sometimes and i know the up's and downs, but over time it's a great job so thats why i stick at it, it's all about making money and not giving it back to the brokers lol, so i will let you know how i am getting on.

hope you all had a good day?

MSP

if cable closes above 450 then the next target on my chart is the previous high.

i kept faith with the daily chart trend mas that showed longs still valid.
A 50% retrace is around the 300 level for re entry if asia doesn't drive it up again.
Jilly method might be back in play.

Jpy looks like its back up on the weekly with breakout retest and continuation on the daily.

Cad and aussie are beginning to make trend sense again and the ftse looks like its back on a trend up. So it looks good news not just for intra day traders with these big moves but also for trend traders. Even the weathers picked up :)

if cable closes above 450 then the next target on my chart is the previous high.

i kept faith with the daily chart trend mas that showed longs still valid.
A 50% retrace is around the 300 level for re entry if asia doesn't drive it up again.
Jilly method might be back in play.

Jpy looks like its back up on the weekly with breakout retest and continuation on the daily.

Cad and aussie are beginning to make trend sense again and the ftse looks like its back on a trend up. So it looks good news not just for intra day traders with these big moves but also for trend traders. Even the weathers picked up :)

I still feel cable has some more steam left to touch 2.0420 or 2.0440. :)

As for USDJPY I have it falling on my 4 hour charts. In fact I don't know why it even rose. Call it a dead cat bounce. :rolleyes:

Large inverted cup and handle on a couple of the yen crosses, might be the end of the correction for the down move. Currently short gbp/yen