FX 2007 > Week 26 - 30 Mar

News trading rigged? What time do you stop trading

• Total voters

Priceman

Established member
New week ahead and Monday could be slow until news at 14:00, what do others think for the week ahead? Up overall or down? Are the US figures bad enough to take cable over 2.000? (obviously not this week ;)) Why is the GBP so strong, dollar weakness in general or GBP strength? For me I don't really care I just re-adjust each new day. From Friday's action I have anotated my chart and think there's more downside to around 9540 (I want anyway). I'll look first thing Monday morning after the asian sesh... More charts are required me thinks from you chaps too...

I think with regards to this thread some others should have a go at starting it as my ideas are limited and you guys have much better ones. As I only trade GBP at the moment it's quite a narrow viewpoint of the overall FX market. Also the collective effort thing to show we're a team :cheesy: I'll take more of a back seat from now I think as I don't have the time to dedicate with the nippa.

Poll request was news moves and if they start before the announcement, and what time do people stop trading...

Good luck all.

http://www.forexfactory.com/calendar.php

http://www.dailyfx.com/story/calendar/weekly_focus/DailyFX_Weekly_Calendar_for_3_25_2007_1174674287386.html

Attachments

• Calendar_03-23-07.gif
    Calendar_03-23-07.gif
    212.1 KB · Views: 290
  • 19-23Mar.JPG
    19-23Mar.JPG
    234.7 KB · Views: 344
  • news moves.JPG
    news moves.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 345
Does anybody else have intermitant problems accessing this site? I accessed it O.K. at 9.00 but a refresh about 10:00 just span it's wheels and eventually gave me an error on page message. Couldn't get back in until now, a little after 12. Often get similar problems during the week. Anyone else or is it just me?

Priceman said:
New week ahead and Monday could be slow until news at 14:00, what do others think for the week ahead? Up overall or down? Are the US figures bad enough to take cable over 2.000? (obviously not this week ;)) Why is the GBP so strong, dollar weakness in general or GBP strength? For me I don't really care I just re-adjust each new day. From Friday's action I have anotated my chart and think there's more downside to around 9540 (I want anyway). I'll look first thing Monday morning after the asian sesh... More charts are required me thinks from you chaps too...

I think with regards to this thread some others should have a go at starting it as my ideas are limited and you guys have much better ones. As I only trade GBP at the moment it's quite a narrow viewpoint of the overall FX market. Also the collective effort thing to show we're a team :cheesy: I'll take more of a back seat from now I think as I don't have the time to dedicate with the nippa.

Poll request was news moves and if they start before the announcement, and what time do people stop trading...

Good luck all.

http://www.forexfactory.com/calendar.php

http://www.dailyfx.com/story/calendar/weekly_focus/DailyFX_Weekly_Calendar_for_3_25_2007_1174674287386.html

I would just like to say thanks to priceman for a very good effort the hardwork that he has been putting into this cable thread......
I think a collective effort is exactly what is required and you have definately got my support 100%

If I make pips you make them too but If I loose I hope you dont....

My thoughts are as follows......
1.Profit taking definately in scope......
2.One final attempt to break the 44-60 region
3.A fall to 585 before 12:30 and then down to test the 525 level
4.An initial bounce to 555 and then failure and more profit taking to 465 may push it down to 400....
5. Then the bulls come in and take control to start the major buyin to the 9000 region....

So Let take a look of how I came to these conclusions....
:idea: Monday:
1.Asian time trading ....Cable to do the float to the 55
2 London opening ......By london time trading the price of cable back to 14 and then the big ben and first break out by 9:00 to start falling down to 585
3.May wait for the new york opening and then a fall down to 525

:idea: Tuesday
1.Asian time trading....Cable to float between 524 and 555
2.London opening....A break of the 524 and down to the 479-465 region
3.New york opening ....Just consolidation

:idea: Wednesday :

The Break down to the 400 region after New york opening.....

I think that sums it up....
Basically I am bearish on the cable for the major region of Profit taking......and overbought indicator status....

These are just my thoughts.....I am not a red or black person.....but am a scalper.....so for position trading is something I have really not been doing but....Last week I have taken a position trade on cable I am short @652 and would love to see 400....

Best of luck to all my fellow cable traders......

Keep on posting your thought.......

Happy Trading
Rav :cheesy:

Similar plan to yours Rav, only exception is that I see the bounce from 525 area to be somewhat stronger and therefor a little more time to reach the 400's and under. Still just a little wary of higher numbers first, currently short from all over the place but the best of the bunch is 682 which I will close at b/e if we get there and wait to short around 750. Not really expecting this as US is looking stronger against other currencies but just a caution as the pound is holding up well.PS, and this reply refuses to post, spinning it's wheels again.

Anyone Trading the AuD\USD........
I am again so tempted to short the living daylights out of the Aussie...but it just seems to keep going higher.....Since march the 5th ie in the last 15 Trading days 415 pips without a rest....No Retracement..
And I think now it has hit the resistance and going to fall atlest 300 pips in the next 8 Trading Days....
I attempting to short the market @ the 8050 level if I can get in there with a minimum Target of
200 pips+ in the next 8 days....Lets wait and see....

Happy Trading
Rav

GBP:

Trading Channel: 9550 - 9735 {Try range trading}
Sell below: 9550 for 9400 first target and 9240 second target
Buy above: 9735 for 9915 first target and 2.0150 second target

EURO:
Trading Channel: 3410 – 3265 {Try range trading}
Sell below: 3265 for 3200 first target and 3080 second target
Buy above: 3410 for 3660 first target and 3800 second target

JPY:
Trading Channel: 117.30- 119.10 {Try range trading}
Sell below: 117.30 for 115.75 first target and 114.40 second target
Buy above: 1198.10 for 121.40 first target and 122.10 second target

Happy Trading
Rav

rav700 said:
Anyone Trading the AuD\USD........
I am again so tempted to short the living daylights out of the Aussie...but it just seems to keep going higher.....Since march the 5th ie in the last 15 Trading days 415 pips without a rest....No Retracement..
And I think now it has hit the resistance and going to fall atlest 300 pips in the next 8 Trading Days....
I attempting to short the market @ the 8050 level if I can get in there with a minimum Target of
200 pips+ in the next 8 days....Lets wait and see....

Happy Trading
Rav
I'm looking at it as well Rav. But not sure the pbk will be that great - I fancy sideways here then clear of 8000 with force. I want to short it but my downside targets are modest...... i fancy a RE- test of 8000 if it breaks clear of that level - that might be my better trade....

Shorting here is tempting though.... with 8100 cap.

Hook Shot said:
I'm looking at it as well Rav. But not sure the pbk will be that great - I fancy sideways here then clear of 8000 with force. I want to short it but my downside targets are modest...... i fancy a RE- test of 8000 if it breaks clear of that level - that might be my better trade....

Shorting here is tempting though.... with 8100 cap.

I do agree with you but I think at this point in time.....I am going for a 50 pip heavy trade at 200p.p level with a stop again like you said around the 127 level....I am almost sure of the retest about 99.9% so why not go with something you are sure with right.......
Thats my thinking....Profit taking is one of my backup this week more than anything.....
Lets wait for the market open and we will react accordingly the higher I get in the better.... :cheesy:

Watch this space......
So the trade is Short @ 8050 with a stop @ 150 ie 100 pips
Target 1: 8000

Lets get a clean 50 pips and then will move one.......

Best of luck Hookshot
Thanks for your comments......
Happy Trading
Rav

looking to trade the usd/jap and the gbp/jap this week
cable has been slow last week or two

Uphios said:
Does anybody else have intermitant problems accessing this site? I accessed it O.K. at 9.00 but a refresh about 10:00 just span it's wheels and eventually gave me an error on page message. Couldn't get back in until now, a little after 12. Often get similar problems during the week. Anyone else or is it just me?

not just you!
there seems to be a general problem accessing T2W at times.

[at the bottomn of the frame, you will see loads of files and sites being run through. it sometimes sticks on "www.tangozebra" or something. must be some kind off click-ad or advert site perhaps. real pain. just hit refresh. nowt much we can do.]

Hello all,
Sunday Evening seems like everyone is still relaxing this weekend off......Why not...
So As per my trade....reco...
I am going long with a tight stop...very tight stop...for my first trade.
Trade 1: Long @ 1.9612 with a stop @ 92 Target 32.....

Happy Trading
Best of luck for the next week
Rav

rav700 said:
Hello all,
Sunday Evening seems like everyone is still relaxing this weekend off......Why not...
So As per my trade....reco...
I am going long with a tight stop...very tight stop...for my first trade.
Trade 1: Long @ 1.9612 with a stop @ 92 Target 32.....

Happy Trading
Best of luck for the next week
Rav

okay well I am -20 for the day already....

And now it is going back up hmmm Cable gonna be choppy like friday or what????

Okay Guys Now here are my current orders:
Short in the trap zone with stops for all order @ 53 as I have my position trade @ that value
Short @ 607,603 and 593 with stops @ 53
My Target is now 55 minimum and 25 and 480

Let see how it goes from here
Happy Trading
Rav

Well I woke up to see what has happened and all I can say is aint even move 10 ticks.....Cable seems to have held through the night I guess the only thing that will break range this morn is big ben.....I have to start learning to sleep.....

Appy Trading
Rav

Morning all. My shameful big leary punt trade from Friday got stopped out in Asia session and I am now back in long again at far more sensible size from 9601 after 580 held recent test. Hourlies look pretty good but Daily stochs are trying to roll over. Hoping for another run at 97.

Good Luck/Good Trading

29Investments said:
Morning all. My shameful big leary punt trade from Friday got stopped out in Asia session and I am now back in long again at far more sensible size from 9601 after 580 held recent test. Hourlies look pretty good but Daily stochs are trying to roll over. Hoping for another run at 97.

Good Luck/Good Trading

Hi everyone,

This is an excellent thread started by Priceman and so many good contributions and charts already. I was out most of the weekend - Greenwich Maritime Museum was very nice with lots of fresh air and climbing hill tops - so I didn't do much.

I'm bearish this morning based on hourly charts. Small pos open and looking to add to it if 1.9580 is breached. Basically waiting for another brake down out of BBands.

SL @ 1.9645 which is MA55 dotted red line.

Good trading to all.

Attachments

• GBPUSD-070326.gif
    GBPUSD-070326.gif
    29.1 KB · Views: 223
A break out Atilla? Ah yes, I remember those from the old days LOL......incidentally Hans 123 is down over 900 for the year and nearly 1200 since the start of February. Is this a blip or has the market changed??

Offshore Trader said:
A break out Atilla? Ah yes, I remember those from the old days LOL......incidentally Hans 123 is down over 900 for the year and nearly 1200 since the start of February. Is this a blip or has the market changed??

Quite right, thank you OT. I remember the bells too. :)

Afternoon all,

Things are a bit quiet here today. FWIW I think that we're currently in a downward sloping trading range (see attachment) so until things break out it's going to be choppy and directionless.

Of course we've got some news coming out this afternoon which could well provide the break-out.

Just my 2p's worth

Attachments

• GBPUSD_flag.GIF
    GBPUSD_flag.GIF
    30.6 KB · Views: 184
Last edited: