Votes: 5 38.5%
  • At least 200 pips lower than last week

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Face, bovvered, bovvered, face. Duuh.

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Offshore Trader said:
Rav ... your reaction is sad and I hope you reconsider. As with all betting, it is rude to ask anyone what their volumes are and that is why the ethical ones always talk in terms of points.

Your input is great and will be missed and I hope you will think again and be back soon. There's always idiots on this sort of forum. Just try and ignore them
Agree offshore, talk in terms of pips. Size doesn't matter that much amongst us lads :LOL: . Any reference to size of bet should just be made from your own perspective of small, medium large.

Now behave yourself Rav, come back to the boards which will save me a trip to Nottingham to put you over my knee :eek:

We all know that music can be represented digitally. Amazing really that a whole orchastra can be reduced to a series of 0's and 1's. When I was young the binary base was explained to me with the use of a series of lights, off to represent the 0's and on to represent the 1's. For the sight impared these lights were changed to ones that could be either red or green with red representing the 0's ang green representing the 1's.

Well lately I have been following cable intently and just as an experiment I have been applying this binary code to the ticks. Now quite by accident I think I have cracked the market! If I am right we are part way through the second chorus in 'Land of Hope and Glory'.

Rav

I dont understand why your are upset ? Laptop was only asking about experience with trading in size with SB firms, presumably to gain an insight into which is the best firm to use.

No-one asked you to say what size you trade in or how much you make ?

rav700 said:
I have no further comments on how much I trade how much I loose how much I win.......

Goodbye......Best of luck to all the traders that have been good support on Trade2win...

Hope all of your make profit by pips......

I have just about had enough of posting with comments that flyback which I have answers to but I have no reason to dicuss....

My Last Post :eek:

Goodluck to all

Hi rav
Your a bit touchy to day aren`t you
on an other day you would have laugh it off

you know we do not post amounts , only pips

just call it a day for today ,have a large drink , enjoy the long weekend

and I will look forward to your posts on Tuesday
I will miss your posts , if you do not return
Kind regards
Hornblower

rav700 said:
I have no further comments on how much I trade how much I loose how much I win.......

Goodbye......Best of luck to all the traders that have been good support on Trade2win...

Hope all of your make profit by pips......

I have just about had enough of posting with comments that flyback which I have answers to but I have no reason to dicuss....

My Last Post :eek:

Goodluck to all

Hi Rav,

I would like to be included in the chorus of supporters calling you back mate. Agree with all previous comments. I hope to see your blogs sometime soon again. Anytime will do.

Looks like I missed all the fun this afternoon. Been joy riding up and down to Stanstead on the M11. I had the windows open with music blasting at 70+ mph. I felt young again. 18 or 19 maybe. :cheesy: The markets did cross my mind, but only once.

For some reason the markets are determined we need another interest rate hike. As I said I prefer taxes as rates hit industry. If we do have rate hike fwiw I think it will be

25% May
50% June
25% July

For this reason I can't see cable falling much lower. It will maintain it's gains especially as people also talking about weakness of $.

I'm still out and dissapointed I missed the run on Euro which I was bullish on. Story of my life being over cautious and missing out on big direction moves.

Only good news I have is I'm up 17 pips on the day. The other biggy of the day for me is SPX which I have just shorted.

Good trading everyone.

I am sorry guys.....I am normally a very happy person......
Thanks for your support......Will Let NFP Cheer me up

Uphios....I hope you did well.....
Still got 2 shorts open at 30 and 27 duhhh....with a stop @70
I am looking for 620-640 before going any higher.....
Currently looking at the charts....As long as it doesnt close above 730 I think I should be okay.....

Anyone else short???

aaahhhhh, what a wonderful bunch of guys, all looking after each other.

not like the ruffians and reprobates on some threads I can mention. :)

rav700 said:
I am sorry guys.....I am normally a very happy person......
Thanks for your support......Will Let NFP Cheer me up

Uphios....I hope you did well.....
Still got 2 shorts open at 30 and 27 duhhh....with a stop @70
I am looking for 620-640 before going any higher.....
Currently looking at the charts....As long as it doesnt close above 730 I think I should be okay.....

Anyone else short???
Ah, here you are. I was busy packing my bag ready for a trip to Nottingham! I can unpack it now:LOL:

Yes mate, still short and kicking myself a little bit. We went low enough for me to close the lot for a small profit 'cos I fancied a bit of a bounce. No change in rate so it should only be those who fancied a rise that were closing. Anyway, I held on didn't close and sure enough a bit of a bounce. Bugger. Still I have faith it will get back down so hanging on in there, just not making much at the mo.

Sorry uphios...mate just the spare of the momment thing.........I am still short I think I might take my profits on a breach of 690 again if it happens before NFP.......Will wait and see.........

Currently stil looking at the gbp\jpy....I am tempted to go short but with nfp round the corner...not so sure.....

rav700 said:
Sorry uphios...mate just the spare of the momment thing.........I am still short I think I might take my profits on a breach of 690 again if it happens before NFP.......Will wait and see.........

Currently stil looking at the gbp\jpy....I am tempted to go short but with nfp round the corner...not so sure.....
I'm hanging onto my shorts but they are reasonably small. Like you I got tempted to put in an auto close for 9670 to bring me out with a couple of pips profit but I know that if I do it will be the start of the big drop. So I am planning to hang on in there for NFP which I hope follows Canada and surprises to the up side. Not taking any more positions ahead of NFP, just watching.

Seening as how I have not had a long on cable since 9305 I am quite pleased with myself to be so close to b/e, of course it would have been a far mor comfortable ride to have been long like I intended at the time!

I am going to shock you guys with this one do you remember the seasonal chart that I put on the boards some time ago according that £ should fall between the 1st and 2nd week of april and then it should go back up again....if this seasonal pattern is true then we should probably see the fall between tommorow and next wednesday to the 620-545 region and then a big bounce back up till the end of april ie probably the 2$ mark and then a big fall down......It just seems coincedental that the graphs match up with this particular period going on ......Let me explain a bit indepth

Currently cable fell of its highs down to 710 still profit taking should take place which imho should finish by next wednesday and then the mpc meeting notes should come out and there you have it a rise back to the 2$.....

These are just my thoughts.....

Just FYI The seasonal Charts again

I just thought I would post the chart again so you dont have to go thorough all the posts

Happy Trading
Rav

Attachments

• Seasonal Chart.jpeg.gif
    Seasonal Chart.jpeg.gif
    11.1 KB · Views: 202
rav700 said:
I just thought I would post the chart again so you dont have to go thorough all the posts

Happy Trading
Rav
I'd rather you had not done that :( . Clearly I am expecting summer to start early, does that chart take global warming into account?

Uphios said:
I'd rather you had not done that :( . Clearly I am expecting summer to start early, does that chart take global warming into account?

You joker...........you make me laugh............

Have you got any positions open from lower levels......long term which you need to fill....If so
I will get the correct projections of the retracements which are expected.....mate ?

Traders are anxiously awaiting the Nonfarm Employment Change number tomorrow. While this number causes the biggest stir in the currency and other financial markets, the Bureau of Labor Statistics issues many other numbers at the same time. One of these is the Unemployment Rate.

Over the past year, the Unemployment Rate has hovered between 4.4% and 4.8%. Last month's reading came in at 4.5% and the forecast for tomorrow is 4.6%.

Traders and economists generally view the Unemployment Rate as a lagging indicator. As such, they don't believe it has much predictive value. However, this indicator can be predictive at certain times--and right now may be a critical time to monitor it.

Why is this? Well, labor is the biggest expense for many companies. When these companies believe a downturn is coming, they often cut labor costs (i.e., decrease jobs) well before a recession arrives. When this happens in the aggregrate, the unemployment rate increases. While Greenspan and others have been using the "R" word (recession) recently, there's been no evidence of it from the unemployment rate. The rate is down slightly from last summer and March's reading is below the 12-month average.

Of course, recessions involve more than employment, so this one indicator isn't a stand-alone prediction tool. However, it is one piece of objective evidence that doesn't point to a recession. And objective data is usually more reliable than an analyst or politician's mere opinion.

Source Fx logic

this is only the third time in 20 years NFP falls on a Good Friday. the previous 2 times, it has been big surprises (no surpise there, since no liquidity).

my view is that there is nothing from here till NFP. Then a big move, that we cant obviously take, then flat.

catch you monday.

I think the fed are playing a superb strategy. Whilst talking up the dollar and hinting at inflation they are actually doing very little about these expressed concerns and are watching the dollar weaken. Soon they will get the effect of having increased the value of China's yuan anf join China as a cheap exporting country. Meanwhile the value of the pound and Euro will have risen to the point that our exports are prohibitevly expensive and should inflation really come along we will be in no position to increase interest rates further. Personally I think we are painting ourselves into a corner. There will be no chance for instance of selling Airbuses against Boeing.

Also in all past three months the cable has always dropped on the NFP and also tommorow hopefully the same will happen....So what is the game plan and how will I trade it... I currently have 2 positions open..I will close one on the bigben tommorow morning if it occurs and will leave the other open and increase my stop to 825 so I dont get spiked out and I will re-enter my 2nd position at the highest point and then let it roll...................

im currently long from 683. took 2/3 of profits on the move up to 738, left the rest at BE.

I am actually looking to exit either BE or +200 on the remainder. no activity on my end till monday at noon. it will move then.