• At least 200 pips lower than last week

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Face, bovvered, bovvered, face. Duuh.

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Atilla said:
North London is cool with me...

Are we talking a sit down Sunday pub lunch somewhere delicious... :)
Have I heard sit down lunch, thats great. I would have to use tube as I shall be coming from Brighton. Happy trading, I have to be out for the whole day. :cheesy:

Offshore Trader said:
Yep.... looks like you are right 29..... it would be nice to see some movement in the market before 12 noon....a test of 720 would be good. If the BOE hikes today I could be stuffed....

I'm sitting it out at the mo.

Might jump in near the time.

I'm also thinking of trading Hammerson, Land Securities or British Land as these shares move with rate decisions and market sentiment on outlook as they are all into Office premises and Retail parts. They reflect business sentiment well.

No rate rise - Cable drops, Euro er dunno, rise maybe
Rate rise - Cable breaks 1.98, Euro er dunno, rise maybe

What will I do? Leave cable alone for the time being and go long on Euro upon weakness.

Watching, listening and waiting... :eek: :confused: :p

The Pearl Fisher said:
Selling the GBP/USD this morning hoping the realisation will start to sink in that the UK interest rates will stay as they are this time around (my opinion)

Sold at 1.9765 (looking for 1.9630)

So stop exit will a little bit further away than usual, a precaution of any erratic and quickly retraceable upward movements throughout the day.

TPF

Exit position @ 1.9732 (+33) stop reverse back in 1.9730 (long) SL @ 1.9710

I think the hourly 1500 candle yesterday was an important one... if this breaks any further down then it's tanking... I'm in long with a tight stop... let's hope I'm correct. Was going to post a chart but got fence painting to do!

good luck all

Good Morning all....
I have just one position open for GBP\YEN at 462 and My stop on that is 565.....
I was tempted to just take profit on the drop but .....Didnt and currently the price is 45......I am expecting a massive drop on this one if the rates stay the same....oh sorry I am 98% sure they will stay the same.....
Now everyone start fading me and make profit......
I think Atilla Wise move to stay out of the market till the news is out.....and then jump on the bandwagon to make your pips.....

The Pearl Fisher said:
Between now and 12:00

TPF

I am really am beggining to like all you trades..... TPF....
Very Controlled....I am like that with my trading between 8:00 p.m to 8:00 a.m
During the day I am a bit more erratic.....Well I have been as the 600 Range frustrated me
and spoilt my trading method.....But now I am much more calmer....and am back with the game.....

Happy Trading
Rav

rav700 said:
I am really am beggining to like all you trades..... TPF....
Very Controlled....I am like that with my trading between 8:00 p.m to 8:00 a.m
During the day I am a bit more erratic.....Well I have been as the 600 Range frustrated me
and spoilt my trading method.....But now I am much more calmer....and am back with the game.....

Happy Trading
Rav

Well according to some instruments, markets being cautious and either closing positions or expecting a rate increase.

I'm still in the opinion it will remain unchanged. :rolleyes:

rav700 said:
Good Morning all....
I have just one position open for GBP\YEN at 462 and My stop on that is 565.....
I was tempted to just take profit on the drop but .....Didnt and currently the price is 45......I am expecting a massive drop on this one if the rates stay the same....oh sorry I am 98% sure they will stay the same.....
Now everyone start fading me and make profit......
I think Atilla Wise move to stay out of the market till the news is out.....and then jump on the bandwagon to make your pips.....
I am taking profit @ 37 pips for now...I am too hesitant....Dont ask why....Will get in the market again after the news...

rav700 said:
I am taking profit @ 37 pips for now...I am too hesitant....Dont ask why....Will get in the market again after the news...

Money in the hand is better than money in the wind which can blow either way...

Good move imo.

Atilla said:
Money in the hand is better than money in the wind which can blow either way...

Good move imo.

What time is the announcement? I thought it was 11am.

Cable falling - no rate rises I'd guess.

rav700 said:
It is 12:00 matey

Thanks Rav, interesting drop and rise. Wonder whats going on?

Hear the news about China raising Banks reserve ratio by 0.5%?

Worried about bank runs perhaps... :confused:

Very choppy at the momment............
I think it wil be like this for the duration of 45 mins

I now wish I hdadnt taken my position out
It seems like a lot of buyers at the 15 mark ......on cable

The Pearl Fisher said:
Exit position @ 1.9732 (+33) stop reverse back in 1.9730 (long) SL @ 1.9710

Exit Reverse @ 1.9730 (-+0) Sold @ 1.9730

This is now for the anticipated NC in BoE rates.

TPF

The Pearl Fisher said:
Exit Reverse @ 1.9730 (-+0) Sold @ 1.9730

This is now for the anticipated NC in BoE rates.

TPF

I've got my ticket setup on cable with one click buy ready to go.

I think cable has dropped because market expects no change.

However, looking at REIT shares they have moved down in anticipation of rate increase.

If no change I'll watch the market. Still expecting $ weakness.

If rates rises I'm going long.

Also, if rates rise, some switching from Euro to Cable might take place but don't expect much.

Can't manage more than two instruments at such volatile moments. Brains turned to spaghetti... Also looking to trade SPX later on in the afternoon.

Good luck everyone.

As expected.

Did go long on Hammerson HMSO. REIT company...

Still watching cable. I think I can see Pinochios nose at 1.9700 levels. I think it will sink a little lower.

Was this leaked as well??...good sell into the decision, unless it was spec longs losing their bottle. Perhaps we are too cynical. A little cross as I decided to cut half my position at 11.55 in case it moved up before the announcement and if I'd only waited 3 minutes would have got at least another 20 points. Looking for it to go lower now with stop at breakeven.