• At least 200 pips lower than last week

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Face, bovvered, bovvered, face. Duuh.

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is just SOOOOOOOOO wrong ! :eek: :devilish: :eek: :mad: :mad:

Am unbelievably hacked off right now.

Was long going into 12:00 thinking that epectation was for no change, therefore if no change not a big reaction, but if they raised then big pop up.

Before the news even out it spikes down (highly suspect) and stops me out, so not wanting to miss an up move I go long again.

Then we gap down so I reverse to short and here we are up at 730 again.

Nearly put my fist through my screen !!!

Last edited:
29Investments said:
This is just SOOOOOOOOO wrong ! :eek: :devilish: :eek: :mad: :mad:

Am unbelievably hacked off right now.

Was long going into 12:00 thinking that epectation was for no change, therefore if no change not a big reaction, but if they raised then big pop up.

Before the news even out it spikes down (highly suspect) and stops me out, so not wanting to miss an up move I go long again.

Then we gap down so I reverse to short and here we are up at 730 again.

Nearly put my fist through my screen !!!
Join the club mate..............I am so f*****d off with this...........

Wait till the market finds out it was 6-3 with the 3 being in favour of a cut!

:confused: 4CAST reckon up;

12:10 - The initial reaction lower at 12:00 has drawn in some decent buying. We'd expect a retest of the low S/T but wouldnt expect this market to extend down to 1.9620 now (though a rally past 1.9750 will be the better confirm for this.) Favour long side. Above 1.9750 fills out to 1.9780; above 1.9780 is outright bullish.

FXCM reckon down;

We have sold the break of the fibo at 1.9715 as downside momentum picks up and
price has now broken back into the 1.9600s. We have placed the stops quite
wide above 1.9820 but will lower to above 1.9775 on a break of 1.9665. Hourly
studies are volatile so caution prevails but daily charts have rolled over and
favor further weakness.

Take your pick :confused:

Personally, moves like we have seen today just suggest that this market is far too much at the mercy of a couple of large market makers and we are all detritus blowing in the wind :(

29Investments said:

Personally, moves like we have seen today just suggest that this market is far too much at the mercy of a couple of large market makers and we are all detritus blowing in the wind :(

I will stick with my original plan. I suspect a total (5 days) sell off to 1.9400

TPF

Rav am I correct in saying you trade 100 quid a point on cable using a SB firm. If so how do you handle the big stop you use and how do the S/B firms treat you?...Why I ask I had some trouble with them, making it hard for me trade 30 quid a point. However I was trading short term.

Cheers

I have always thought exactly that 29. When the big banks take a position they do it in the tens of millions. Our objective is not to see what makes sense in the world, it's what makes sense in these big movers minds we have to work out, and preferably before they know it themselves!

laptop1 said:
Rav am I correct in saying you trade 100 quid a point on cable using a SB firm. If so how do you handle the big stop you use and how do the S/B firms treat you?...Why I ask I had some trouble with them, making it hard for me trade 30 quid a point. However I was trading short term.

Cheers

The only way you can trade £100 per pip with a spread bet firm is if you consistently lose (full stop) You could'nt get in and out very quickly at all.

TPF

I disagree from personal experience. For a period of time I was doing £100 pp and more with Deal4Free through the most successful time I have ever had. No problem at all other than a slight delay in order fills and just the odd couple of extra re-quotes.

The Pearl Fisher said:
The only way you can trade £100 per pip with a spread bet firm is if you consistently lose (full stop) You could'nt get in and out very quickly at all.

TPF

I disagree - CMC have always been able to fill at that level in my experience.

Remember £100 per point on cable is the equivalent of buying £2 Million which by interbank standard is classed as small

On JP Morgan's FX floor the volume used to increase a bit if an order cam in for > £100 Million.

One day someone wanted to sell 500 Million Eur and it got VERY noisy indeed !!

Last edited:
29Investments said:
I disagree - CMC have always been able to fill at that level in my experience.

Remember £100 per point on cable is the equivalent of buying £2 Million which by interbank standard is classed as small

Well I don't really know (just what I'v heard) would'nt like to put it to the test on a day like today. Would you?

Personally I have never used a spread bet firm, so can't comment any further.

TPF

Last edited:
29Investments said:
:confused: 4CAST reckon up;

12:10 - The initial reaction lower at 12:00 has drawn in some decent buying. We'd expect a retest of the low S/T but wouldnt expect this market to extend down to 1.9620 now (though a rally past 1.9750 will be the better confirm for this.) Favour long side. Above 1.9750 fills out to 1.9780; above 1.9780 is outright bullish.

FXCM reckon down;

We have sold the break of the fibo at 1.9715 as downside momentum picks up and
price has now broken back into the 1.9600s. We have placed the stops quite
wide above 1.9820 but will lower to above 1.9775 on a break of 1.9665. Hourly
studies are volatile so caution prevails but daily charts have rolled over and
favor further weakness.

Looks like 4CAST gonna be right again with their call for another look at the lows and then a move up. This is getting to be a very regular occurence - they really are quality

The Pearl Fisher said:
Well I don't really know (just what I'v heard) would'nt like to put it to the test on a day like today. Would you?

Personally I have never used a spread bet firm, so can't comment any further.

TPF

I have no further comments on how much I trade how much I loose how much I win.......

Goodbye......Best of luck to all the traders that have been good support on Trade2win...

Hope all of your make profit by pips......

I have just about had enough of posting with comments that flyback which I have answers to but I have no reason to dicuss....

My Last Post :eek:

Goodluck to all

So glad I decided to keep it minimal for a couple of days. Well done anybody who got this lot right, and the rise in the Euro is down to the German news released 4 hours ago, apparently!!

Last edited:
rav700 said:
I have no further comments on how much I trade how much I loose how much I win.......

Goodbye......Best of luck to all the traders that have been good support on Trade2win...

I have just about had enough of posting with comments that flyback which I have answers to but I have no reason to dicuss....

Goodluck to all
Rav, don't worry about it, you don't have to answer to anyone, you're only up against yourself anyway. Just post away and say as much or as little as you want to. I certainly appreciate your input on here. Keep it it up mate.

Rav ... your reaction is sad and I hope you reconsider. As with all betting, it is rude to ask anyone what their volumes are and that is why the ethical ones always talk in terms of points.

Your input is great and will be missed and I hope you will think again and be back soon. There's always idiots on this sort of forum. Just try and ignore them

rav700 said:

Goodluck to all

Rav, will be sorry to see you stop posting,

I personally don't always agree with what you post, but then that is why we have a market.

As for your trade size, don't give a toss if it is 1p a pip or a grand a pip, that is your business.

Best of luck in your trading.