FX Trading April 30 - May 4

Will GBPUSD finish the week above/below $2 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
nothing much happening so anyone for a game of suicide forex? ie the idea is the one who loses the most is the winner? e.g the one to run down a demo account to zero first wins. not as easy as one thinks as when you are trying to win its easy to lose but if you are trying to lose its easy to make a win? to plan a successful lose can be just as hard as planning a win?

Morning all,

Well I'm looking for one more ITD pop up into Sunday/Monday open, ideal target would be 2.0060/70 area although it could well overshoot if the NFP is bad. Then looking to be taking shorts early Monday for the bigger leg down.

Support today at the the .682 and .382 fibs @ 9797 and 9780.

Gone long this morning @ 9865 stop 9778 although also downside protected by the 9880 and 9800 puts.

Of course it's all down to the NFP so I am probably 100% incorrect :)

Well I'm off for the weekend. So I'll avoid all the NFP madness. (Good move? Bad move?, we'll see).Good luck to everyone today. Hope it's an easy ride.

every one seem to be waiting for 1.30
and i am going to wait untill after then

I not to good on hights , and I have got my rope , and I have hung over the edge
and its a long way down , I keep thinking about the kings new clothes
i think it will just take a small push, and we will be in a fall

having said that I have thought this for a few weeks
but as it goes up yet again, I keep buying

I am only looking for shorts today
unless it shoots up yet again

how to make money in forex...
think up a sure thing can't fail trading plan then do the opposite....

I think there is merit in this oiltanker, especially in the current rangy markets. The problem is, can you bluff the markets? What I want to know is, who is leaking my limit orders and stop losses to the great god of fx:devilish:

morning,

I hate NFP, so no dollar crosses for me today. chose eurchf instead. long 1.6480 looking for the year high.

took an early scalp on eurusd, for +15, against my will, but at least it is funding the stop on this eurchf. will move to BE soon, as my day will finish at 12 since my kid finishes school early today.

good luck with NFP.

Edit:

Trade closed for an amazing ZERO pips. Reason. need to leave and dont want to have an open trade that hasnt moved to a satisfactory level.

Last edited:
morning,

I hate NFP, so no dollar crosses for me today. chose eurchf instead. long 1.6480 looking for the year high.

took an early scalp on eurusd, for +15, against my will, but at least it is funding the stop on this eurchf. will move to BE soon, as my day will finish at 12 since my kid finishes school early today.

good luck with NFP.

Edit:

Trade closed for an amazing ZERO pips. Reason. need to leave and dont want to have an open trade that hasnt moved to a satisfactory level.

I think we have a bounce coming up from 1.9840.

Currently 1.9868. Trade the charts would tell me to go long on cable.

But the SPX and DOW are storming ahead. Can't believe it. I don't know whether to look at rate rises or falls in the US.

NFP will have disproportionate impact imo especially given it's Friday - one way or another.

Very confused at the mo.

Nice day to be outside :cheesy: Will straighten the grass out soon. Leave the markets to sort them selves out...

short gbousd 1.9893 gbpusd filled
short eurusd 1.3590 filled (original entry price)
long usdchf 1.2133 filled

Last edited:
Horribble spiky price action. Why doesn't the market have any direction at the moment? Even after major data, there just seems to be loads of uncertainty

Horribble spiky price action. Why doesn't the market have any direction at the moment? Even after major data, there just seems to be loads of uncertainty

Think I’ll just observe this afternoon. I can see what’s happening on the charts but I can’t see why. I've Just got this "gut" feeling that the upward movement is not quite right.

Also I'm short in the competition. And I cant close the positions no matter what I try. LOL.

I'm stuck short.....

short from 1.9900 hopefully setting up some hidden divergence right now