FX Trading: week 16th - 20th July

Range of last week was around 2.0100 to 2.0360. Is cable;

• a Snoop Doggy Dog (Drop it Like its Hot)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

trendie

Legendary member
so, the much talked about drop didnt happen.

is it still on the cards, or a change of sentiment has taken palce?

where does price need to go for the drop to still be valid?
how much more of an upside is there?

hope you all have a good trading week. (keep aware of news)

Morning all. Breakout levels for me are 74 and 29 (about to go long I think). Also short EUR/JPY. Hope we see some nice big moves this week

hmm, website down again, i see,

first trade holding a long from this Am , 2.0352.7 at the mo....

interesting to see if that USDCHF punches south 1.1990... bit of a trap door level maybe to lower prices......... not far off it now...

still long cable at the mo..

My system picked up a good +17 pips this morning - but unfortunately I didn't trade this as I was still in another trade (short) that I ended up being stopped out of.

A lot of shoulda....coulda... but didn't, going on in my head at the moment.

The matrix gives a major high at 2.0400 and looks for a reversal after this price target has been hit. The time is also right for a reversal as of Friday or today - and they say when time and price come together...... Well, I'm waiting to see just how accurate they can be.

EUR is starting to look tired.

The futures positioning of EUR and CABLE are at record levels. This extreme
positioning in favour of one currency means there is a risk of a blowoff top if there's
a change in sentiment and the data out this week may provide that.

Stop loss on cable at break even now (374). Still short EUR/JPY although I think the key to all this is USD/CHF.

My system picked up a good +17 pips this morning - but unfortunately I didn't trade this as I was still in another trade (short) that I ended up being stopped out of.

A lot of shoulda....coulda... but didn't, going on in my head at the moment.

The matrix gives a major high at 2.0400 and looks for a reversal after this price target has been hit. The time is also right for a reversal as of Friday or today - and they say when time and price come together...... Well, I'm waiting to see just how accurate they can be.
I am also studying Detla, Matrix and EW. I am very interested in the EW price and time projections counted in accordance with the Fibs and projected into the Matrix time table patterns.

wander if cable shall not try again 400, if so I shall short agan with a SL above 415
Carefully considerred shorts for me for today, with a very tight SL above/around 415, dont feel too comfortable to go long

GBP/USD double top negative divergence on the hourly (shows also on daily)

enjoy

Attachments

• cable160707 hrly.GIF
    cable160707 hrly.GIF
    83.5 KB · Views: 300
We are also around the 80 mark on the USDollar index (major support) It's likely to bounce off here a couple of times even if we are going to break it.

breadman

covered the short +4pps, shall reinstat it at 395 or around with the same parameters

:), hmmm my entry was a bit rough, but sometimes I lack the belief the markets gonna loft it up , but I had to lose the long and get short. I waited 90 odd mins still holding a long, (knew I had to get rid ) another 5 mins , i'd of been happier short 86 odd, but always saw it as threat to longs.

see what it gives.... hope it dont fizzle out 365/70 :p

:), hmmm my entry was a bit rough, but sometimes I lack the belief the markets gonna loft it up , but I had to lose the long and get short. I waited 90 odd mins still holding a long, (knew I had to get rid ) another 5 mins , i'd of been happier short 86 odd, but always saw it as threat to longs.

see what it gives.... hope it dont fizzle out 365/70 :p
I have got a H 393 and L313 indication for today, with the MAs still pointing up, so I got the shorts at todays tops so far, trying to take into account Delta/Matrix and EW time/price projection. I am not experienced in EW or Matrix yet, but I do find it fascinating, the concept of time and price patterns and Fib projections, as an important filter to get in and out of trades. EG the 0.618 of the fib count from L335 and today H is stil holding and for a substantial move south it has to be well penetrated.

Last edited:
I have got a H 393 and L313 indication for today, with the MAs still pointing up, so I got the shorts at todays tops so far, trying to take into account Delta/Matrix and EW time/price projection. I am not experienced in EW or Matrix yet, but I do find it fascinating, the concept of time and price patterns and Fib projections, as an important filter to get in and out of trades. EG the 0.618 of the fib count from L335 and today H is stil holding and for a substantial move south it has to be well penetrated.

hi all, hi 2BE,

that 313 would be a nice entry for a long :D and a target at 495 ;)