FX Trading: week 16th - 20th July

Range of last week was around 2.0100 to 2.0360. Is cable;

• a Snoop Doggy Dog (Drop it Like its Hot)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Annoying day today with small ranges and the reversal in EUR/JPY took my P&L from +ve to -ve. Hope we see some meaningful moves tomorrow.

hi all, hi 2BE,

that 313 would be a nice entry for a long :D and a target at 495 ;)
495 target might be too far north for a time being IMO, the best poss might be late 450ties if 415 is crossed to the upside with conviction within the next few days, if not a substantial trip to the south for the cable. On the daily cable has been walking the upper BB with the RSI and CCI printing a negative divertion and so the MACD histogram.
So keep the warm clothes ready with quality hat, gloves and night vission to see the penguins and the ice of Anctartica!

well, i could well be wrong. still, i got 495 as a measured move dunno if tomorrow, or wednesday, even thursday. got an ultimate measured move 565. that one is the one i find overstretched.....but one never knows. that one needs a retrace if it is to find the strength to reach it.

j

well, i could well be wrong. still, i got 495 as a measured move dunno if tomorrow, or wednesday, even thursday. got an ultimate measured move 565. that one is the one i find overstretched.....but one never knows. that one needs a retrace if it is to find the strength to reach it.

j
Hi Jacinto, I do not have a great experience with a price/time projection with which I would feel comfortable to trade a large position. At the moment I trade smaller positions on a short time frames in agreement with the direction of a short time trend, looking at the candle patterns and reversal/continuation levels plus a few indicators and VP. I try not to have strong opinions of the market's future direction, so I dont need to waste any energy in defending these opinions.

London roundup, things are looking tidy.....

Just an update , might pop this one in jacinto's thread later :)

Attachments

• cable update.PNG
    cable update.PNG
    134.5 KB · Views: 188
Hi Jacinto, I do not have a great experience with a price/time projection with which I would feel comfortable to trade a large position. At the moment I trade smaller positions on a short time frames in agreement with the direction of a short time trend, looking at the candle patterns and reversal/continuation levels plus a few indicators and VP. I try not to have strong opinions of the market's future direction, so I dont need to waste any energy in defending these opinions.

thats 2 of us. no opinions on this end. if it gets there, cool, if it doesnt, then it should be an opportunity in the opposite direction. :D

j

Oiiiiiiii....what part of no indicators.........:LOL:

yeah I know, just got it sent in from the boys at Gungho FX, apparently they suggest necking back a few slammers first to aid clarity. Might give it a go in a bit..... but I have a skinful last night. Almost ready for a nod over here.

are you going for the Turner Prize or something?
not even MY charts are that bad. ;)

:) I like the colors on it. I wonder how many indicators people can max on their chart and use at once? maybe a poll for next week, dare say some may use loads and turn a profit, but how many, 10+ 15+ bet someone has or does...

I think there should be a prize awarded for the most ?? well ya know, a chart thats really kickin, so to speak..

Last edited:
:) I like the colors on it. I wonder how many indicators people can max on their chart and use at once? maybe a poll for next week, dare say some may use loads and turn a profit, but how many, 10+ 15+ bet someone has or does...

I think there should be a prize awarded for the most ?? well ya know, a chart thats really kickin, so to speak..

like my chart ;)

Attachments

• cb.gif
    cb.gif
    35.6 KB · Views: 183
How about this for a chart? This was the setup for a strategy I read about somewhere. Can't remember what you were supposed to do, but at least you had something pretty to look at as the money disappeared from your account.

Attachments

• chart.jpg
    chart.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 185
yeah, just trying to work out how the hell you trade it....... .... must be method in there somewhere........ might of thought the BB average would of been offset, like a guppy or something, but they all the same..... 20.

yeah, just trying to work out how the hell you trade it....... .... must be method in there somewhere........ might of thought the BB average would of been offset, like a guppy or something, but they all the same..... 20.

It had something to do with candles penetrating levels of BBs then coming back, giving a buy or sell signal. It worked pretty well on some timeframes, so it's a pity I can't remember the precise strat and make £1m in a month, or whatever.
Any forecast for tomorrow, CB? Another stab at 400, then a decent fall, perhaps?