Weekly forecast for S&P 500

I fail to see any strong trend for this coming week. So
I think 1112 will be about right, barring disasters.
My hard drive expired last week so I have lost all my analytical programmes, data etc. However this may turn out well as I had got a bit stuck and not too profitable to be truthful.

Still bullish long term here too. Low volume is going to keep it from moving too far too ast.

Peter

Hmmm... there is a wedge formation which suggests weakness but then the reaction to Friday's jobless figures was at the end of the day pretty much okay (the number was twice the loss expected in jobs so a far more negative reaction to it would not have surprised). At the end of the day the index has held its ground above the 200 MA. Therefore I'll go for the old target of 1145.

I haven't updated it since Friday, but there is a serious uptrending line in the DJIA which has held very well. It about 10600 at the moment. I'll update it after close sometime, but have a look at the photo. The Daily Cable.

I think that if the market closes below 10600, that will be the first sign of a correction, then 10500 will confirm it. DJIA has just been a bit more reliable the last few weeks. By the way, that post says that the rollover has begun, my opinion changed due to what happened after mid-trading session on Friday. However, I think that if the market rallies of the 10600 here, and holds the FOMC its all bullish from here. If not, then the market has air until about 10000, maybe even lower.

For Week Ending Friday 13th August at 1079.2

Looks to me like Gaffs is the winner this week - congrats

:clap:

I wanted to bet on 1065, but I'll pick a different number since Pat494 already got that good one.

OK, here is my guess for SP 08/20/2010's close: 1080
Why? The current pain for next week's OE is around 1085, but I think that it will shift down a bit before OE date.

Yes, I think i might shift a little lower before moving up again - hopefully by Friday 1090

For Week Ending Friday 20th August at 1071.7

Who's the greatest picker of them all this week - me :D
might even listen to meself for a change

Still doesn't look like an up week next week so I will go for 1056

Having a look back at who won and how many times :-

hwsteele 4
Pat 4
wackypete 4
Gaffs 2
N. Rothschild 2
dpinpon 1
luckyd 1976 1
Elitejets 1

Congratulations to every winner.
Sigh ... I missed out the target again.
Told you ... Pat494's 1065 was the best bet for last week.
My 1080 was not too bad either (1080-1072=8 vs 1072-1065=7)

OK, here is my bet for the close of 08/27/2010: 1050
Why? I am shorting SP, so my preferred wave count is ... south.

why try to forecast if you can just follow and take whatever the market offers? no need to future-guess anything.