Weekly forecast for S&P 500

Weird, mine was 1080, Im thinking that is the closest guess for this past friday close at 1064.88. Anyway, scary is the market and flirting to smash through any support lines. So I go with 1025.

If I knew the rule earlier, I should have been the winner (1075).

For Week Ending Friday 16th July

With this week's close of 1102.7 I reckon that's a clear win to Elitejets.
Congratulations to you. Runners up and therefore on the podium as they say in F1 are
2nd top trader
3rd snowrider

:clap:

Last edited:
My bet for this week ( and yes I am hoping to improve ) is 1129
results are reasonable but not very impressive

lets hope El Sicco of N. Korea doesn't start chucking nukes around !

Last edited:
Well, less than a hundred out last time, I must be getting better - 1062 for me this week.

happy trading.

First order is a nice big congratulations to Elitejets.
Second is my guess of 1172 for next friday.
The 30th of July.
Which just happened to be my birthday so I will not be watching the market at all that day.
Just going to hang out with my sweetie;) and a good friend:LOL: at a fancy pantcy restaurant eating til we can eat no more!:drunk:

First order is a nice big congratulations to Elitejets.
Second is my guess of 1172 for next friday.
The 30th of July.
Which just happened to be my birthday so I will not be watching the market at all that day.
Just going to hang out with my sweetie;) and a good friend:LOL: at a fancy pantcy restaurant eating til we can eat no more!:drunk:

It looks like that wackypete2 and you are also holding long position. Your guess is even more aggressive than mine. If the market really shoots to your target, I will be more than happy to say thanks a lot to you!

For Week Ending Friday 30th July

May I congratulate Gaffs as this week's winner
( not quite the nearest but did get the direction right ! )

My guess for 08/06/2010 SP's close is: *1126.98* (final and no more change).

Yesterday (07/31/2010) my guess was not correct (1140) because I forgot to take the abc correction into consideration.
Now (08/01/2010) I need to make a final adjustment for this morning's guess (1125) because it seems that my anticipated abc correction is not going to happen.

Last edited:
If I may join in, I'd say 1145 (08 06 2010) as S&P has been making higher highs and broken above the 200 day SMA. Also the reaction to last Friday's GDP figure was positive. (y)

For Week Ending Friday 6th August

Nearly everyone got the direction right but the nearest was wackypete2, with snowrider as the runner up. So another good call to Peter !! More judgement than luck imho

Last edited: