UK 2015 General Election - Competition

I disliked Millipeade and Farage the most.

If they have there way we are in trouble...

Two good speakers who talk a lot of rollocks.

Reminds me of Tony Benn.

The betting sites are where the real story is.

Even though the cons are expected to win the most seats, the bookies firmly believe that Millipede will cobble together the next govt.

Absolute disaster if that twerp gets in. So hopefully Cameron did enough to persuade the audience that the only thing that really matters is the economy !

Time will tell !

He is only saying that because to admit to considering it severely harms Labour in the eyes of the electorate and a week today (Friday) it will be a different story.

They will say and do anything to get their grubby little hands on power...and that sums up politics and the reason why the voting public have had enough of politicians and being lied to.

He is only saying that because to admit to considering it severely harms Labour in the eyes of the electorate and a week today (Friday) it will be a different story.
I sincerely hope you're wrong. For him to do that would require someone with extremely low intelligence , a total absence of integrity and complete myopia when it comes to a long term political career.

Jokin aside, how the hell did he get elected ta lead the party anyhow? I mean, the man is a total joke.

Even though the cons are expected to win the most seats, the bookies firmly believe that Millipede will cobble together the next govt.
Even if Miliband does the unthinkable and tries to form a coalition with the SNP (even if not in so many words), he has no mandate to do so unless Cameron concedes he cannot gain sufficient additional support to form a majority coalition government, or even a minority government with a viable basis for support on a supply and confidence basis.

It's all gonna depend on the actual numbers obviously.

So hopefully Cameron did enough to persuade the audience that the only thing that really matters is the economy !
I'm of a similar mind sir, but there was a chap in the audience that felt that was all Cameron had discussed and wanted him instead to talk about the moral side of his policies. I had ta catch meself from blurting out a unkindness. Ya have ta be in a relatively comfortable place yourself to be able ta afford such the luxury of philosophical ruminations and me guess is, that chap was in that place precisely because the current government have done a fair job of things. He'll be worrying about the moral dilemma sure enough when he's eating grass and finding a nice cardboard box ta settle inta for the night.

Even if Miliband does the unthinkable and tries to form a coalition with the SNP (even if not in so many words), he has no mandate to do so unless Cameron concedes he cannot gain sufficient additional support to form a majority coalition government, or even a minority government with a viable basis for support on a supply and confidence basis.

It's all gonna depend on the actual numbers obviously.

Someone suggested coalition between Labour n Tory :idea:

hmmmm???

Jokin aside, how the hell did he get elected ta lead the party anyhow? I mean, the man is a total joke.

It was an entirely democratic process where the unions used their "block" voting strength to oust his brother who unfortunately was only able to rely on a "one man = one vote" approach.

It was an entirely democratic process where the unions used their "block" voting strength to oust his brother who unfortunately was only able to rely on a "one man = one vote" approach.

The sorry things is, David Miliband would have been a far greater asset as party leader for all sorts a reasons. May have even swung the election their way. Well they got what they asked for.

Oh the other thing. Watching Mr. MiliBean last night, he’d obviously been choreographed by his Human Dynamics Team. “Step off the podium and toward the people when answering a question.” The only problem with that is you could see the people in the front row showing signs of emotional discomfort and even fear as he lurched towards them. They didn’t know if he’d manage to pull up in time or fall headlong into them or if he’d try and kiss them or some such. Unnerving experience for em all.

And then his almost psychotic insistence on knowin your name. You could see people really uncomfortable giving him anything so personal in case he hung around after the show and try to be friends with them or follow them home and stalk them. He has that look about him.

And after 28 minutes of him movin around and on and off that bloody podium like Michael Flatley with motor neurone, he stumbles off the bloody thing on his way out. What a fitting end to his pantomime performance.

Oh the other thing. Watching Mr. MiliBean last night, he’d obviously been choreographed by his Human Dynamics Team. “Step off the podium and toward the people when answering a question.” The only problem with that is you could see the people in the front row showing signs of emotional discomfort and even fear as he lurched towards them. They didn’t know if he’d manage to pull up in time or fall headlong into them or if he’d try and kiss them or some such. Unnerving experience for em all.

And then his almost psychotic insistence on knowin your name. You could see people really uncomfortable giving him anything so personal in case he hung around after the show and try to be friends with them or follow them home and stalk them. He has that look about him.

And after 28 minutes of him movin around and on and off that bloody podium like Michael Flatley with motor neurone, he stumbles off the bloody thing on his way out. What a fitting end to his pantomime performance.

Agree.

Only one good point I can make about Labour is that I support them on closing tax loopholes for the mega rich. Don't trust them but I think they'll try.

On the other hand all this price/wage fixing can get out of hand to appease the unions.

Either way I have a dreadful feeling they will mesh up the economy. My accountant used to loath Mr Brown saying everything had gotten so messy with him.

I like the German model of continuity. How many leaders have they had in the last 30 years compared to us?

Really hoping Conservatives and Liberals continue the pact. Devil you know is better than the one you don't.

Are you aware of how much additional tax revenues will accrue from Mr. MiliBean's 'closing tax loopholes'?

He dreamed up £7.5bn. Cameron says he'll claw back £5bn.

The fact is, it's all made up. They have no way of knowing how much they could get back by any means of cracking down on avoidance and evasion. Even HMRC have no idea. If anyone had an accurate assessment of the situation then that would mean there wasn't any avoidance/evasion goin on because they would have had to have covered all the angles in finding that out. It's because they haven't got a clue that people manage to get away with it. And if there's one thing wealthy people do really well is keeping their wealth. A hiding to nothing, but good for sound bites.

Last edited:
Are you aware of how much additional tax revenues will accrue from Mr. MiliBean's 'closing tax loopholes'?

No but I know it has to be done. There is a lot of b0ll0cks about if we tax the rich fat cats and cut their salaries they'll go elsewhere. Really now???

Let them. Had enough of BS to last me a life time.

We need a clear and fair taxation system. Look what happened to Ireland with its daft incentives for corporation tax. It can cut for you and against.

Do it right and be fair.

Dramatic differences between top and bottom earners skew the markets and staunts growth. On oneside there are billionaires not paying tax and on the other food banks.

Better fairer distribution of income benefits all people.

No but I know it has to be done. There is a lot of b0ll0cks about if we tax the rich fat cats and cut their salaries they'll go elsewhere. Really now???

Let them. Had enough of BS to last me a life time.

We need a clear and fair taxation system. Look what happened to Ireland with its daft incentives for corporation tax. It can cut for you and against.

Do it right and be fair.

Dramatic differences between top and bottom earners skew the markets and staunts growth. On oneside there are billionaires not paying tax and on the other food banks.

Better fairer distribution of income benefits all people.

Really Now !!!

Just hop across the water to see the effects of govt policy ref soaking the rich.

The French have had enough and are indeed leaving....a lot of them coming to London :LOL:

The format of the (current) leaders answering questions separately rather than engaging in arguing with each other face to face like overgrown schoolboys was much better. Cameron was right about that.

If only Nicola StirThem was English and didn't have such extreme left policies she'd win by a landslide here in England. A winsome wee lassie. And a dangerous one. No good comes of extreme nationalism and the politics of resentment.

Agree.

Only one good point I can make about Labour is that I support them on closing tax loopholes for the mega rich. Don't trust them but I think they'll try.

On the other hand all this price/wage fixing can get out of hand to appease the unions.

Either way I have a dreadful feeling they will mesh up the economy. My accountant used to loath Mr Brown saying everything had gotten so messy with him.

I like the German model of continuity. How many leaders have they had in the last 30 years compared to us?

Really hoping Conservatives and Liberals continue the pact. Devil you know is better than the one you don't.

Actually I agree with you - But the Labourites want fairness - whats blooming fair about the 1 % rich paying 30% of all our taxes and to the top 10% of salary earners paying god knows about 75% of all the UK taxes .

What I would say though - all Banksters should pay 99% tax - just to even it up a bit ;-)

Really Now !!!

Just hop across the water to see the effects of govt policy ref soaking the rich.

The French have had enough and are indeed leaving....a lot of them coming to London :LOL:

I was referring not to 95% taxation but loop holes and fat cat salaries where an idiot in the company earns 1000 x the salary of a cleaner.

Just as with the bottom end there is much that can be done with the top end for taking short term excessive risk.

These highly paid experts have pretty much single handedly destroyed the reputation of the city and not one person has been fired but good many left with golden hand shakes.

Foreigners coming into London and buying up exclusive properties have a habit of taking all other prices in the area up.

Yes they do spend money on good restaurants and theatres but we need a balance. The dishwasher guy may well be on a minimum wage and he may indeed be an illegal migrant under cutting the min wage but you know it skews up pretty much everything and leads to anomolies in other parts of the economy.

I don't have anything againts Jimmy Carr, very funny geezer n all that but if the tax avoidance system wasn't there he'd pay a little more tax like the rest of us right?

How about the starbucks and amazons? Being embarrassed to pay 5m tax?

How can they sell coffee without the market place? It's alright, they don't have to pay tax as long as they employ some people on min wage. This mentality has to stop.

As for the fat cat salaries, they are certainly not worth their salaries but by virtue of the fact they make up their own salaries behind closed doors we get idiots like Bob Diamond on £200m who has managed to pretty much eff-up Barclays shareholders single handed.

I wish some of you clever cloggs get a sense of common decency and call a spade a spade for what it is.

If shareholders don't see value but a diminishing return how can these clowns get bonuses. Does anyone know what a bonus is?

Not asking for favours. Asking for fairness. :)

Actually I agree with you - But the Labourites want fairness - whats blooming fair about the 1 % rich paying 30% of all our taxes and to the top 10% of salary earners paying god knows about 75% of all the UK taxes .

What I would say though - all Banksters should pay 99% tax - just to even it up a bit ;-)

Not sure what you are suggesting here FM, but I'm not talking about raising taxes or setting prices.

I'm talking about closing loopholes and making salary increases proportional and accountable to reflect contributions to company bottom line.

I guess fairness raises different images in all our heads subject to our financial shananigans.

I was referring not to 95% taxation but loop holes and fat cat salaries where an idiot in the company earns 1000 x the salary of a cleaner.

Just as with the bottom end there is much that can be done with the top end for taking short term excessive risk.

These highly paid experts have pretty much single handedly destroyed the reputation of the city and not one person has been fired but good many left with golden hand shakes.

Foreigners coming into London and buying up exclusive properties have a habit of taking all other prices in the area up.

Yes they do spend money on good restaurants and theatres but we need a balance. The dishwasher guy may well be on a minimum wage and he may indeed be an illegal migrant under cutting the min wage but you know it skews up pretty much everything and leads to anomolies in other parts of the economy.

I don't have anything againts Jimmy Carr, very funny geezer n all that but if the tax avoidance system wasn't there he'd pay a little more tax like the rest of us right?

How about the starbucks and amazons? Being embarrassed to pay 5m tax?

How can they sell coffee without the market place? It's alright, they don't have to pay tax as long as they employ some people on min wage. This mentality has to stop.

As for the fat cat salaries, they are certainly not worth their salaries but by virtue of the fact they make up their own salaries behind closed doors we get idiots like Bob Diamond on £200m who has managed to pretty much eff-up Barclays shareholders single handed.

I wish some of you clever cloggs get a sense of common decency and call a spade a spade for what it is.

If shareholders don't see value but a diminishing return how can these clowns get bonuses. Does anyone know what a bonus is?

Not asking for favours. Asking for fairness. :)

The big Corps are out of control and I do agree.

It seems to me that a quite straight forward simple rule as regards taxation should be implemented.

If Coffeebux make a sale in the UK, then taxable profits need to be paid in that jurisdiction.

The issue seems to be, ensuring that ALL countries adopt the same policy, so there would be no possible hiding place for diverted non taxed profit.