Dow Competition Rules

Sharky

Staff
The current rules to our monthly Dow competition:
http://www.trade2win.com/competition/

• Each game runs over 4 weeks.
  • Each week you must predict where the Dow Jones Industrial Average will finish at the end of the week (Friday close) compared with the Close of the Previous Friday. So you have a choice of three options:
    1. Higher (by more than 1%)
    2. Lower (by more than 1%)
    3. The Same (less than or equal to 1%)
  • You can enter your choice from sunday through to thursday night. You only get one choice and you can't change your mind during the week.
  • Points Awarded for Correct Prediction:
    Before Monday Open: 5 points
    Before Tuesday Open: 4 points
    Before Wednesday Open: 3 points
    Before Thursday Open 2 points
    Before Friday Open: 1 point
  • If you're worng you don't lose any points, you just don't gain any either.
  • The closest prediction as to what figure the market will close at on the Friday, get's double points.
  • Scores are updated at the end of each week - and the winner or winners with the highest number of points at the end of the four weeks wins a book courtesy of Global Investor.
As more and more people are playing the Dow Competition we are finding it increasingly likely there will be multiple winners with the same number of points at the end of the month. Since Global Investor only sponsor the one winner, we can no longer send out prizes to multiple winners.

Therefore if members finish the competition with the same number of points, the winner will be determined on the following criteria - from top to bottom:

1. Winner will be member who has been most consistent - ie they have accrued points in the most weeks

2. Winner will be member who's lowest point week is greater than other members.

3. Winner will be the member who hasn't previously won the competition.

4. Winner will be the one who has been a member of T2W the longest.

Also in future we will only be able to ship books within the UK. Unfortunately if you're outside the UK, then we won't be able to send you the book unless you're willing to pay for the postage.

"3. Winner will be the member who hasn't previously won the competition"

i have won this week's competition. does that mean i am not allowed to play and win again?
thanks

Yo bharat,
:LOL: You may enter as often as you like, you just will not get another prize. :eek:

Im5

bharat said:

i have won this week's competition. does that mean i am not allowed to play and win again?
thanks

I think that means, if there are 2 or more winners and you have got the prize before then you won't get one this time.

If you were the only winner I assume you still get the prize.

bharat said:

thanks

Surely the points system currently is unfair. If one is but 1 wide of the category one scores zero but one could be 100s from the Friday close and still score 100% by getting the right category eg. up, same or down !!
How about making it fairer - not that I will be any more likely to win anyway :eek:

Competitions

Is the Dow comp ever coming back, or any others in the pipeline. Dont mind the forex but would be good to have something else.

Karl

Not anytime soon. We're concentrating on improving the forex competition first - there are many updates planned. It would be great to provide an alternative for those who don't trade forex. Something along the lines of the Dow competition would be feasible but perhaps with a greater range of instruments on which to make predictions on. What did you most like about the Dow competition?

Dow comp

Hi Sharky
The Dow comp was just simple in the way you just put you predictions in and watch how you are placed on the leaderboard.
Would be great to have other instruments too, like Dow,CAC etc.
Look forward to them when they arrive.

Karl