The UK May 2015 General Election

Morning Pat.

Haven't lived in the UK, although a frequent visitor, love London.

:)

Grew up abroad in numerous countries as a third culture kid as Daddy was in our foreign service.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_culture_kid

That's probably one reason why I don't really see things from a purely national perspective.

Totally agree, if ya don't have money, problems start.

But at the end of the day, I probably would argue that financially all of us are - bottom line - better off since we've had the EU.

Agree though that the € may have been a mistake.

But Helmut Kohl - who lost his older brother in WW II - was not an economist, for him the Euro was just one more way of cementing our common bond together.

That said, all big companies in the UK want to stay in the EU, that's sthg I'd have a think about too before voting to leave.

I think it would be a great pity if one of the oldest democracies in the world and a great country to boot would leave the EU !!!

A case well put Markus.( Your English is amazingly good, have you lived here ? ). But I regret to say it will come down to money to decide the Eu's future. Greece and the rest of the PIIG countries were perfectly alright before they joined but now are not doing at all well. Podimos etc. are brought together by desperation imho and have nothing in the larder to offer. Just dreams.
I share and applaud your ideas of peace but where is the prosperity ? Without that it will fail. Oh I forget that Germany is doing alright.

This is a totally skewed perspective and incorrect.

EU countries for the last 20 years benefited greatly from the EU. Italy, Spain, Portugal and Greece lived well and grew.

There is some expectation that things will always last as they do and for sure key downfall of capitalism; if growth stalls or drops its catastrophic.

Life is a roller-coaster as Ronan Keating like's to belt out and his not wrong.

Without the EU would those countries have seen the growth they have?

I'm not sure they would have. Seen growth yes but to what level. Whilst UK was in the doldrums before and during Thatchers reign EU was steaming storming ahead.

It's simply the economical cycle, greedy bankers and **** poor US dominated free totally un-regulated banking system. Everybody hangs on Greenspans words and what did he and Thatcher achieve other than lay the foundations to our predicaments today.

Gloat and take credit for the good times and blame everyone else for the bad ones.

So much BS hurled around it's hard seeing the woods from the trees.

Coming back to UKIP and their master plan is - stop migration and pull out of the EU. One man two trick pony. What about the rest of them???

Rants on this week chaps (y)

BSD, nice to know that you are pro-British, pro-European and pro-just about everything! We have much in common.

If you know the Brits you will know that they are the world's greatest moaners. They are, always, at it.

I think that it must be the weather that started it but, now, they can hear from the politicians that they have never had it so good and they don't want to share it with Brrussels. They are, even, beginning to look bloody miserable. :D

One other thing, main reason why Germany was strongly in favour of the the then not so economically strong Greece, Spain, Portugal joining the EU was because of strengthening democracy after their history of dictatorships.

Keeping em sound in that regard has worked to date, hasn't it.

BSD, nice to know that you are pro-British, pro-European and pro-just about everything! We have much in common.

Morning Split, read about your birthday here somewhere next month, going to drink a BIIIIG Toast to you !!!

:):):)

What it really comes down to is the basic question :-

Which party is the least worse ? Because they are all pretty bad. We have a difficult choice here between
1. The blue meanies - does one really want more austerity to make those rich people even richer ?
2. The pink money wasters - who spend it faster than the country can earn it and leave mountains of debt. They have obviously never have heard of balancing the budget.
and
the others.

less austerity and more fun things for me.

If Kermit the Frog were to stand he would probably get a landslide victory !

Would a coalition between the blues and the pinks help? I heard, today, that the SNP may force such an issue.

It is, also, rumoured that the same could happen in Spain, to keep Podemos under control.

My word! The leaders of long ago would turn in their graves. However, I don't know too much about Germany but they have a coalition that seems to work.

The two main parties, together, would move them both towards the centre. Would anything get done, though?

That's the problem, Split.

Thing with our Big Coalition (Grosse Koalition) as we call that, ie our two main 2 parties forming a government, is that that can lead to complacency, as there is no real opposition during this time giving you a hard time with what they feel you're doing wrong.

Stuff can get organised quicker if you have all the power (eg since yesterday we've finally got a female quoate for corporate boards as just one example which got pushed through in record time), but the above aspect shouldn't be ignored either.

A big lack of news and action imho.
Call me Dave isn't hoping for a third term apparently - he should be so lucky.
The Greens suddenly find their leader is some sort of a half wit.
Even Nigel has gone quiet or have I missed something ?

:sleep:

A big lack of news and action imho.
Call me Dave isn't hoping for a third term apparently - he should be so lucky.
The Greens suddenly find their leader is some sort of a half wit.
Even Nigel has gone quiet or have I missed something ?

:sleep:

More fun today

Last question time today in Parliament for Dave and ED to have a slanging match at 12 00 pm

Then TV debate tomorrow evening

I think the fun will carry on building in April for the May climax

We need more scandals I reckon lol

F

I reckon Paxman is going soft - although he did try and get under Ed's skin more than our Dave

If I had been Dave - i would have just say - Please dont talk to me in that tone of voice - I am your PM - show me respect you dumbo ;-)

Labour and zero hour contracts

Could you live with one ??

Well would like to ask both ED's

Can you live without your chauffeurs ?

If you have them - well we should all have them surely ????

Here's an interesting scenario re-the SNP party: http://conservativewoman.co.uk/nick-wood-the-snp-surge-heralds-a-constitutional-nightmare/

Makes me wonder whether the English might in future wish that the Scots had won their independence referendum.

Worrying to say the least. Cameron should wake up to the fact that the SNP are likely to misrule Britain via those pinky wasters after the election. He could try and be sensible with some worthwhile policies. The 6% for OAP's on their savings if any is a joke. The basic pension should be at least doubled just to be liveable on.
Oh dear it looks likely we are going to be under the National Scottish thumb so brace yerselfs guys for a bit of English bashing in the near future. If they close Faslane, will they deter the Russians with well aimed haggises or what ?

Last edited:
I see Twitter has an opinion on the May election.
Is that really a sociological opinion of any value ? Or have they got everything upside down ?

Attachments

• Twitter.PNG
    Twitter.PNG
    432.1 KB · Views: 193
Why is Comrade Millipede looking so glum when he might get a majority?

Attachments

• Millipede.png
    Millipede.png
    225.8 KB · Views: 209
Because he is going to get cut up by, from left to right, Home Secretary Wood, Deputy Prime Minister Sturgeon and Chancellor of the Exchequer Bennett.

Time for me to find the comfort of religion to escape from the hell fires of their reality.....

Attachments

• Godhelpus.png
    Godhelpus.png
    241.8 KB · Views: 170
Last edited: