UK 2015 General Election - Competition

Sharky is a very busy person and runs more than one business so his time to answer all the communications he gets is always pressured.

I know this, Paul. That's why I await his replies so patiently and for so long, and I don't pester him. I tactfully and politely allow for this, honestly. :)

The problem is that members have no other resource available. When you (kindly) tell a member that you see their point but can sadly do no more because of Sharky's policies because he owns the place and gets to make up the rules, and then Sharky (many weeks later) says he sees my point but he can sadly do no more about it because it's the moderators' own policies and he doesn't like to interfere, what I am supposed to do? Just pack up my tent and go away to another forum? Countless others have done that, and look what the outcome was! The forum is a morgue, compared with a few years ago.

Maybe most people would just do that, and I apologise for "having the bit between my teeth" and for "being a thorn in your flesh", and all the rest of it, but I happen to be the one who's willing to take a stand on this, and try to encourage the forum to DO something about it, to stem the constant outflow of members.

Because - with absolutely no disrespect to yourself at all, I hasten to add - it's honestly a huge disappointment (I nearly used another word! :eek: ) what's going on at the moment. And it saddens me, for the forum.

I didn't come here to stir up trouble, you know? I like the place and I think it has much to offer. But boy, does it ever need just a modicum of managerial attention - albeit to fix SUCH an easy problem??!!! :eek:

I went through all of this a couple of years ago with a very nice guy called Steve who was then the forum's CEO, and it achieved nothing then either (I did have to go back into hospital again, just as he was "about to fix things", admittedly, so I was probably less helpful than either of us had intended, on that occasion) but here we are, two years later, and the simple problem has got worse and worse and worse and more and more members have deserted and explained why, and still nobody will do anything about it?

Sorry, but that's really hard to understand.

Please excuse my commenting that if I ran my business like this, I wouldn't still be in business at all. (Yes, I know it's not your fault! ;) ).

Last edited:
@alexaherself - I pulled a couple of me posts as I didn't think they were appropriate. Plus I sobered up and found me glasses and thought better of me comments. It seems you have a bigger issue than just the disappearance of a couple of my posts so nothing wasted. But I did suggest that the thread might benefit from a bit of a tidy up before election day as people might have wanted to participate, but been put off by the amount of large graphic and largely pointless troll-posts which littered the place at that time. Trader333 did so and I thanked him in a post a little way back so nothing goin on behind closed doors or anything like that.

The posts I read late last night responding to my comment above about that nice "Sam Cam" being distinctly on the attractive side for a politician's wife (in my opinion).

I was neither hallucinating nor am I confabulating, Paul.

To be honest, I didn't reply only because it was late at night and I was much too tired to think of anything potentially entertaining to say; I decided to reply today, instead.

(Also, it seems from the post above that I am not the only person who has noticed the further removal of posts from the thread.)

To clarify - it's not the removal, in itself, of those posts about which I'm complaining: it's the irony of having such "casual"/"joking" posts removed in the face of regularly encountering such extreme opposition to any suggestions of removing the ubiquitous, spammy, self-promotional posting appearing in so many other parts of the forum. I want to be really clear about this, and I certainly am complaining about it, in public, now, (as indeed one member of staff has suggested to me that I should), after frequent attempts to do so in private have repeatedly met with absolutely no positive or productive reaction at all. There's a problem, here, and it's not going away until someone fixes it. As Ian Duncan Smith once (nearly) said, to continue the political theme with which this fine thread started and has continued: "Do not underestimate the determination of a normally quiet member".

Those post removed by the individual users. Not by moderators

Last edited: