UK 2015 General Election - Competition

Pat R - I reckon the latest bunch of Politicians have all had formal training off Fat Cat Bankers - they are getting that good at it ;-)
What the two main parties have had is extremely expensive expertise from campaign consultants hired from the US. Which is why the current UK campaign is even more boring than usual. One thing the Americans do really well is keeping the candidates out of harms way i.e. away from the voters. They don't want to risk a candidate looking silly or getting asked an awkward question.

Which is why the Leeds event last week was such a winner. A hostile (aka normal) crowd of voters mightily displeased with all parties giving them all a hard time. An quite right too. If the media organised a few more like that they'd get ratings for sure, and a better insight into the calibre of the candidates.

And leave the poor bankers alone, they're having a right old tough time of it these days bless em.

I reckon if we don't get a few more competitors here, @Sharky is gonna have ta consider raising the prize to attract more players. The current one plus an all expenses paid weekend to his villa.

I reckon if we don't get a few more competitors here, @Sharky is gonna have ta consider raising the prize to attract more players. The current one plus an all expenses paid weekend to his villa.

In the interests of keeping everyone out of my villa, I've added a site wide notice. :cool:

Conservatives - 289
Labour - 266
Lib-Dem - 27
UKIP - 4
SNP - 51

Turnout 66%

NickBk & Mr. Charts - thank you or your participation.

In the event of a win, you both should know Sharky keeps spare speedos for the pool so you won't need to pack any.

I am advised before you are allowed to wear Sharky's guest swimwear you are required to have a Brazilian. Can I humbly suggest ya wait until ya get there and the need is pressing.

My guesses.

294 - Conservative
262 - Labour
30 - Lib-Dem
3 - UKIP
38 - SNP

Turnout: 69%

It going to be cold wet and windy so only the Northerners will go out and vote (in T shirts) 'cause that's normal weather for them.

My guesses.

294 - Conservative
262 - Labour
30 - Lib-Dem
3 - UKIP
38 - SNP

Turnout: 69%

It going to be cold wet and windy so only the Northerners will go out and vote (in T shirts) 'cause that's normal weather for them.
Duly noted sir.

It’s been suggested that I move the deadline for this competition from mid-night BST tomorrow (May 6th) to 10pm BST on Election Day itself (Thursday, May 7th). What with all the unbearable excitement of the day an the frenzied reporting and polls on polls of polls on polls and all, it might be more fun to allow calls right up to the close of the polling stations, almost like we’re there too, right up to the wire with all those madly palpitating candidates. If anyone who has participated so far feels that this change in any way disadvantages them, let me know and I’ll leave it just as it is.

And of course, me dear @Sharky, as you’re putting up the magnificent prize of 12 barrels of ale not ta mention a glorious weekend with you hosting the winner at your private villa, if you feel this change is inappropriate, let me know.

I reckon the ideal time to enter this competition is between 7 pm and 9 pm on the Thursday - as then the live Poll counts and the turnout figures will be available.

A bit like scalping the FX market ;-))

GL to everyone who's already entered and a Free month in a Marbella or St Tropez villa might tempt me ( as long as its in the summer ) ;-))

I heard a rumor that Sharky is going to give away = Iphone 6 + Ipad + Mac laptop to the winner ...

I reckon the ideal time to enter this competition is between 7 pm and 9 pm on the Thursday - as then the live Poll counts and the turnout figures will be available.

A bit like scalping the FX market ;-))

GL to everyone who's already entered and a Free month in a Marbella or St Tropez villa might tempt me ( as long as its in the summer ) ;-))

You mean your going to tell us your guess after the results are in. :innocent:

(Sorry couldnt resist) :clover:

You mean your going to tell us your guess after the results are in. :innocent:

(Sorry couldnt resist) :clover:

Cracked me up that did. Nice one. I'm sure Mr. F will take that all in fun, he seems a good sport generally.

There won't be any empirical data available until after the polls (and this competition) close. Not even turn-out. And if you're going to be believing any of the polls, well, good luck.

That's top drawer of you Mr. F. Thanks, I'll add that to the prize list.