UK 2015 General Election - Competition

Hello Used to live near worthing. Fearing, anyway I think conservatives will win which will be good for the economy
Small world

Worthing.

Worthing is poor old man's retreat. :)

You mean Hove right? :whistling

Bournemouth is soooo yesterday :sleep:
Having said that they may get a reprieve now Bournemouth FC in premier league but for how long... :rolleyes:

Hats off to them. I suspect once the town gets swamped by footy thugs, the old biddies will all wonder across to our turf. :cheesy:

Yes worthing a few years ago bet it nice now a days, used to work in bournmouth it's not that nice
Saying that I bet worthing is really expensive now.

A And bournmouth hotels not the greatest, used to be a lift engineer in that area great job but bournmouth in the summer is a nightmare can't Park,

Hope the cons get in for financial reasons, but I am by no means a blue, horrible bunch I think.
Happy trading.

Yes worthing a few years ago bet it nice now a days, used to work in bournmouth it's not that nice
Saying that I bet worthing is really expensive now.

For around 250-350 one can pick up a reasonable 3 bed-semi. For 500 mark a good size property with big garden and lots of sea breeze and fresh positive ions.

We downsized out of London and bought the place late 2008ish. Very smart move to buy at the bottom of the market. :smart:

As for Worthing it's a small place and far away from London to keep rif-raf away whilst being accessible to London Bridge - approx 1:45 mins.

Wessex Downs and Worthing great places to visit if anybody wants a getaway... http://www.visitworthing.co.uk/

(y)

Taking just a small diversion from the thoroughly riveting discussion on south coast resorts I thought I'd summarise the current lineup of predictions.

Only four of us in the running so the odds are good for the £500 prize good old Sharky has put up for the winner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Taking just a small diversion from the thoroughly riveting discussion on south coast resorts I thought I'd summarise the current lineup of predictions.

Only four of us in the running so the odds are good for the £500 prize good old Sharky has put up for the winner.

Why not stick Panorama forecast in there too. Should be interesting comparing us to the pro. :idea:

Incase it wins, runner up gets the beers... :cheesy:

Poll of polls shows UKIP taking more seats than Lib-Dems and both Clegg and Farage NOT winning their seats.

Nice bit of scaremongering should set it nicely on its way.

I'll put up me own special prize for this competition. If UKIP get more seats than the Lib-Dems I will personally put £500 behind the bar for the next t2w meetup, whether I can make it or not. I kid you not.

I'll put up me own special prize for this competition. If UKIP get more seats than the Lib-Dems I will personally put £500 behind the bar for the next t2w meetup, whether I can make it or not. I kid you not.

A week is a long time in politics, so some say. :idea:

All we need now is a migrant serial killer going around knocking off UKIP voters in Billericay and you may just get to lose your monkey. :cheesy:

Did anyone else catch the Brand/Miliband 'interview'? They're a pair of cataclysmically abject mistakes of humanity and make no mistake about it. Brand is comical for reasons for which I'm sure he's blissfully unaware, but what a waste of space. You'd think the universe could come up with a better use fer it.

I had ta laugh at one tweet-wit saying of Miliband on the video "With all his 'lotta' and 'totally' and 'aint' - who the hell does he think he is, Ali G?

I'm changing me prediction based on a number of factors and I do like to keep me data in trim. Same as when I'm trading.

I'm getting the vibe that the public aren't as interested in this election as I thought they would be. Perhaps everyone knows there's goin ta be no clear winner so why bother? Given the relative apathy evident on this site alone to participate even in this competition, I'm goin to decrease me turnout by a whopping 5%. Unless Labour do anything stupid I can't see much shift so that stays the same. Cameron needs some new PR as he's not grabbing as much media attention as he was so they're gong to lose 3 seats. As much as I'd like to see Lib-Dems having a bit of a say in the next coalition, I have ta face facts, nobody else seems to so they're going to get an 11 seat drop. UKIP, well I'll chip another one off just for fun.

So here's me latest:-

Conservatives - 279
Labour - 269
Lib-Dem - 28
UKIP - 3
SNP - 51

Turnout 63%

I'm changing me prediction based on a number of factors and I do like to keep me data in trim. Same as when I'm trading.

I'm getting the vibe that the public aren't as interested in this election as I thought they would be. Perhaps everyone knows there's goin ta be no clear winner so why bother? Given the relative apathy evident on this site alone to participate even in this competition, I'm goin to decrease me turnout by a whopping 5%. Unless Labour do anything stupid I can't see much shift so that stays the same. Cameron needs some new PR as he's not grabbing as much media attention as he was so they're gong to lose 3 seats. As much as I'd like to see Lib-Dems having a bit of a say in the next coalition, I have ta face facts, nobody else seems to so they're going to get an 11 seat drop. UKIP, well I'll chip another one off just for fun.

So here's me latest:-

Conservatives - 279
Labour - 269
Lib-Dem - 28
UKIP - 3
SNP - 51

Turnout 63%

That Millibrand is an off-shoot from Michael's 'left' Foot!

Agree with this guy that price controls usually fail big time and create distortions.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2015-04-30/hotel-mogul-u-k-s-wealthy-non-doms-are-packing-up

We are all well and truly stuffed if he gets in.

Jaysus. Cameron wasn't too bad at all. Miliband continues to impress enormously as the biggest political joke ever. Clegg, again, warms the cockles. I like the guy. And if yer lookin for a calm, moderating influence then they have ta be the party of choice in support.

When you think about it - with Gromit flat out refusing any deal with SNP is has ta be a Tory/Lib-Dem coalition providing the Tories get at least one seat more than the Labour camp. If Labour get the bigger number, Clegg is morally bound to do a deal with em if they agree to his red line issues - which they will of course. A pity.

It was good to get some semblance of commonsense tonight and just get the real parties - none of this silliness of including fringe elements such as the Greens, UKIP, SNP and Plaid Cymru.

I think Gromit tripping off the stage is goin to cost him seats. I've decided 10. An I'm awarding them to Clegg.

Conservatives - 279
Labour - 259
Lib-Dem - 38
UKIP - 3
SNP - 51

Turnout 63%

When you think about it - with Gromit flat out refusing any deal with SNP

He is only saying that because to admit to considering it severely harms Labour in the eyes of the electorate and a week today (Friday) it will be a different story.